Couch Potato News
So the new Fall Season of television started this week. ((CHUCK'S BACK!!)) I thought I'd give a few new shows a shot. All I can say is "Meh." Seriously, just Meh.
The Event~It follows Chuck Monday nights on NBC so it was a natural that I'd wanna try it. Plus, it has Jason Ritter and Blair Underwood who are...YUM. So I tried it and...Meh. Wasn't really bad just kinda bland and hard to follow. All that skipping around in time from present to four days ago to present to 11 weeks ago to present to--well, you get the idea. I honestly have no clue how it ended because I changed the channel halfway through to watch...
Mike and Molly~Which, I mostly enjoyed. I adore Melissa McCarthy who formerly portrayed Loreli Gilmore's best friend Sookie on Gilmore Girls. Molly is similar to Sookie in that she's cute and sweet and fun...except Molly knows that she's a big girl. Sookie was just Sookie and she happened to be a big girl. Nothing was ever said or even implied about Sookie's weight. That being said, Mike and Molly was still cute and has the potential to get better. I'll give it a few more watches.
Hawaii 5-0~I was gonna stay up for this one since it comes on at 9 but the first five minutes didn't grab me so I went to bed. I'll try again on the encore Saturday night. It'll give me something to watch Sat. night other than Y&R marathon on soapnet. lol
Raising Hope~Blech! Not funny. Not cute. Not even all that intelligent. Just dumb.
Running Wild~I really wanted to like this one because I like Keri Russell. But...see above. Just a repeat of Blechness.
Better With You~Actually pretty funny. Joanna Garcia (of Reba fame) is hilarious and while the show could use a little work I think it's watchable. I'm willing to give it a few more watches.
I meant to watch Undercovers last night but I forgot about it. Will be giving Blue Bloods (Tom Selleck--YUM!) a try Friday night. (WHEN MEDIUM'S BACK!!!) Or maybe I'll wait until the encore Saturday night. It's opposite Haven Friday night which I'm not willing to give up.
So yeah, loving SyFy's Haven. It's sorta like The 4400 without the missing people coming back in a ball of light. And it's got an ongoing mystery throughout the series which makes it a never miss. Also enjoying ABC Family's Melissa and Joey. Cute and a good mix of adult and childish humor. Though both of these shows are probably about to wrap up their summer seasons. All of my USA and TNT shows have already wrapped until December or next summer. (Covert Affairs can't come back in December??? Why not?? *sob*)
So I guess we'll see what sticks and what doesn't. But so long as I have Chuck, Ghost Hunters, Medium and Desperate Housewives, it'll be good.
The Event~It follows Chuck Monday nights on NBC so it was a natural that I'd wanna try it. Plus, it has Jason Ritter and Blair Underwood who are...YUM. So I tried it and...Meh. Wasn't really bad just kinda bland and hard to follow. All that skipping around in time from present to four days ago to present to 11 weeks ago to present to--well, you get the idea. I honestly have no clue how it ended because I changed the channel halfway through to watch...
Mike and Molly~Which, I mostly enjoyed. I adore Melissa McCarthy who formerly portrayed Loreli Gilmore's best friend Sookie on Gilmore Girls. Molly is similar to Sookie in that she's cute and sweet and fun...except Molly knows that she's a big girl. Sookie was just Sookie and she happened to be a big girl. Nothing was ever said or even implied about Sookie's weight. That being said, Mike and Molly was still cute and has the potential to get better. I'll give it a few more watches.
Hawaii 5-0~I was gonna stay up for this one since it comes on at 9 but the first five minutes didn't grab me so I went to bed. I'll try again on the encore Saturday night. It'll give me something to watch Sat. night other than Y&R marathon on soapnet. lol
Raising Hope~Blech! Not funny. Not cute. Not even all that intelligent. Just dumb.
Running Wild~I really wanted to like this one because I like Keri Russell. But...see above. Just a repeat of Blechness.
Better With You~Actually pretty funny. Joanna Garcia (of Reba fame) is hilarious and while the show could use a little work I think it's watchable. I'm willing to give it a few more watches.
I meant to watch Undercovers last night but I forgot about it. Will be giving Blue Bloods (Tom Selleck--YUM!) a try Friday night. (WHEN MEDIUM'S BACK!!!) Or maybe I'll wait until the encore Saturday night. It's opposite Haven Friday night which I'm not willing to give up.
So yeah, loving SyFy's Haven. It's sorta like The 4400 without the missing people coming back in a ball of light. And it's got an ongoing mystery throughout the series which makes it a never miss. Also enjoying ABC Family's Melissa and Joey. Cute and a good mix of adult and childish humor. Though both of these shows are probably about to wrap up their summer seasons. All of my USA and TNT shows have already wrapped until December or next summer. (Covert Affairs can't come back in December??? Why not?? *sob*)
So I guess we'll see what sticks and what doesn't. But so long as I have Chuck, Ghost Hunters, Medium and Desperate Housewives, it'll be good.
Comments
The other new show I watched this week was The Defenders, with Jim Belushi. It was okay, but not stellar. Again, I'm willing to give it at least one more week.
Those are the only two new shows I'm checking out this season, which is more than enough considering all my faves that made it back another season.