Me and the boob tube
Ever met someone who is passionate about her TV shows? Well, if not, you have now. Yeah, I'm probably fairly sad with how involved I become with some shows but believe me...I know some folks who are a LOT worse than me. Just trust me on this.
I have maybe a handful of shows that I watch without fail whenever they're on and set my VCR to tape if I'm out. (Yeah, I still have a VCR...and I will until they no longer make 'em) Monday night is Medium night. Tuesday night is BB6 in the summer Charmed on TNT in fall. Wednesday is Lost and Alias (in regular season anyway) Thursday night is BB6 in summer and Will and Grace in fall. Friday night sucks since they cancelled Joan of Arcadia. Saturday night is BB6 in summer and Trading Spaces. Sunday night is Desperate Housewives and The 4400 in summer. Everyday things are Gilmore Girls on ABC Family, 30 Minute Meals on Food Network and Bold and the Beautiful.
Last night, of course, was BB6. Now, I'm not one to enjoy many reality TV shows. I've never watched a single episode of survivor. Can't stomach Fear Factor. The Apprentic leaves me confused. But for some reason ever since BB3 I have fallen in love with Big Brother. Don't ask me why. I don't know. But anyway, I was watching it last night and let's just say I wanted to throw something at the TV. It's been very difficult for me to choose who I'm rooting for this season but I had finally picked a team that I thought I could get on board with. Howie and Rachel. Sure, Howie is a bit of a dumbbutt but he seemed nice enough and Rachel seemed to be the only mature uncocky one on there. But last night Howie turned stupid. Not only that, he got mean.
Sure, backstabbing, lying and generally loosing your scruples is a given on this show. Nice guys rarely win. But Howie and his little friend Janelle (polyester hair as Beau called her...hehehe) got nasty. Howie singled out one woman, April, and basically verbally abused and attacked her for days. He made fun of her dog. He called her husband fat. He told her all these horrible things about herself, pointing out all her faults. I felt like I was back in grade school when the bullies used to taunt me for the mere act of breathing. I'm not an April fan by any means, but no one...NO ONE deserves to be treated so cruelly. Janelle basically went psycho on everyone who isn't on their "team." There was just such meanness and unabashed cruelty in their eyes.
Yeah, Jen betrayed them...went back on her word and as a result their "leader" Kaysar went home. But since when is betrayal new in the Big Brother house? Everyone in that house is in it for money. Bonds, promises, friendships...A big ol' pile o' crap in the end.
I have seen a lot of treachery, bad behavior and silliness go down through three and a half seasons of this show. A lot of backstabbing, sniping and general badness but last night took the cake. I can't support or root for a guy who is so evil, so malicious as to verbally attack another human being just for the sheer pleasure of it and I can't, in good conscience support a woman who would let her friend get away with that sort of behavior.
So bu-bye Rachel and Howie. Ya'll just lost my support but more than that ya'll lost my respect. Not that ya'll will ever know or even care if you did know. People like you have no hearts, no feelings and no self respect.
Now that that's outta my system, on to tonights agenda...Reading. There's something to be said about reading...it's more than the relaxation. It's more than the total escape. It's the sheer pleasure of knowing that if the characters piss you off it's quite easy to throw the book against the wall or even in the trash. Try tossing a 27 inch TV at the wall...big old mess and a ruptured disk. hehehehehe
Jana
I have maybe a handful of shows that I watch without fail whenever they're on and set my VCR to tape if I'm out. (Yeah, I still have a VCR...and I will until they no longer make 'em) Monday night is Medium night. Tuesday night is BB6 in the summer Charmed on TNT in fall. Wednesday is Lost and Alias (in regular season anyway) Thursday night is BB6 in summer and Will and Grace in fall. Friday night sucks since they cancelled Joan of Arcadia. Saturday night is BB6 in summer and Trading Spaces. Sunday night is Desperate Housewives and The 4400 in summer. Everyday things are Gilmore Girls on ABC Family, 30 Minute Meals on Food Network and Bold and the Beautiful.
Last night, of course, was BB6. Now, I'm not one to enjoy many reality TV shows. I've never watched a single episode of survivor. Can't stomach Fear Factor. The Apprentic leaves me confused. But for some reason ever since BB3 I have fallen in love with Big Brother. Don't ask me why. I don't know. But anyway, I was watching it last night and let's just say I wanted to throw something at the TV. It's been very difficult for me to choose who I'm rooting for this season but I had finally picked a team that I thought I could get on board with. Howie and Rachel. Sure, Howie is a bit of a dumbbutt but he seemed nice enough and Rachel seemed to be the only mature uncocky one on there. But last night Howie turned stupid. Not only that, he got mean.
Sure, backstabbing, lying and generally loosing your scruples is a given on this show. Nice guys rarely win. But Howie and his little friend Janelle (polyester hair as Beau called her...hehehe) got nasty. Howie singled out one woman, April, and basically verbally abused and attacked her for days. He made fun of her dog. He called her husband fat. He told her all these horrible things about herself, pointing out all her faults. I felt like I was back in grade school when the bullies used to taunt me for the mere act of breathing. I'm not an April fan by any means, but no one...NO ONE deserves to be treated so cruelly. Janelle basically went psycho on everyone who isn't on their "team." There was just such meanness and unabashed cruelty in their eyes.
Yeah, Jen betrayed them...went back on her word and as a result their "leader" Kaysar went home. But since when is betrayal new in the Big Brother house? Everyone in that house is in it for money. Bonds, promises, friendships...A big ol' pile o' crap in the end.
I have seen a lot of treachery, bad behavior and silliness go down through three and a half seasons of this show. A lot of backstabbing, sniping and general badness but last night took the cake. I can't support or root for a guy who is so evil, so malicious as to verbally attack another human being just for the sheer pleasure of it and I can't, in good conscience support a woman who would let her friend get away with that sort of behavior.
So bu-bye Rachel and Howie. Ya'll just lost my support but more than that ya'll lost my respect. Not that ya'll will ever know or even care if you did know. People like you have no hearts, no feelings and no self respect.
Now that that's outta my system, on to tonights agenda...Reading. There's something to be said about reading...it's more than the relaxation. It's more than the total escape. It's the sheer pleasure of knowing that if the characters piss you off it's quite easy to throw the book against the wall or even in the trash. Try tossing a 27 inch TV at the wall...big old mess and a ruptured disk. hehehehehe
Jana
Comments
ROFL...isn't that the truth!
I've never been a "big" TV watcher, but lately, I do have shows I hate to miss. "Cold Case" in fall and "The 4400" in summer on Sunday; Medium on Monday; L&O and SVU; "Apprentice" and "ER" on Thursday; and "McLeod's Daughters" on Saturday (can you say Yummy Australians?). There are a couple of new fall shows that sound promising, but I hate the thought of getting sucked into another one.
BTW, did another short post on the tornadoes. I have a feeling I'll be writing about that topic again before the end of the month. Oh, and if you want a laugh, yesterday's horoscope counseled, "Feeling nervous? Shake it off. That slight sense of anxiety is just a leftover sensation from how hard you've been working." *Snickers* Or maybe it was from being within miles of total destruction?
I hope your weather has been much more enjoyable than mine -- especially with all those bare chests to ogle. ;-)
One of the reasons I watch very little reality tv is that it seems to bring out the very worst in people. I wanna watch tv to be entertained, not see the downfall of our morality! But it's really popular and some are really passionate about it. It's just that I don't get the attraction, I guess.
But I have shows I'm passionate about. I used to watch JAG that way, but it's done now. The other show I'm crazy about is the new Battlestar Galactica. There's good vs. evil but a lot of gray area and great character development - and though I'm not a big sci-fi fan I just love how they've approached it.
And Jamie Bamber doesn't hurt either. ;-)
I only really started watching it because it was something Sis2 was into. We used to call each other when the show came on and we would diss it with each other. Now that she's in G-wood and married we don't do that anymore. So I guess it's equal parts train wreck and nostalgia. *shrug*