Still braindead
Still nothing floating at the house of Jana. Not sure why my mind is such a mess. Maybe I'm finally crashing after the horrible onslaught of worries, work and general crap that I've had to endure over the past eight months. And for the time being, I'm so sick of myself that inner reflection just makes me queasy. lol So once again, I borrowed an idea from another friend's blog. Yeah, sue me. I'm a copy cat. lol
This is a list of the top 100 songs from the year I was born, 1979. I've bolded the ones that I like and italicized the one's I've actually heard before. Also, I'm adding some random thoughts on some of the songs.
1. My Sharona, The Knack (Shudder...sorry, can't stand this one...)
2. Bad Girls, Donna Summer (hehehehe this one is just tooooo fun)
3. Le Freak, Chic
4. Da Ya Think I'm Sexy, Rod Stewart (If this is the song I'm thinking of...)
5. Reunited, Peaches and Herb
6. I Will Survive, Gloria Gaynor (This has been my theme song from time to time as I'm sure it has been for several folks. lol)
7. Hot Stuff, Donna Summer
8. Y.M.C.A., Village People (Oh my gosh! How many times have I sang this song with my bedst friend? A million, perhaps. All through high school and even up till this past year whenever we're together and feeling goofy we sing this complete with hand motions. Good times...good times. hehehe)
9. Ring My Bell, Anita Ward
10. Sad Eyes, Robert John
11. Too Much Heaven, Bee Gees
12. MacArthur Park, Donna Summer
13. When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman, Dr. Hook
14. Makin' It, David Naughton
15. Fire, Pointer Sisters
16. Tragedy, Bee Gees
17. A Little More Love, Olivia Newton-John
18. Heart Of Glass, Blondie
19. What A Fool Believes, Doobie Brothers
20. Good Times, Chic
21. You Don't Bring Me Flowers, Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond
22. Knock On Wood, Amii Stewart
23. Stumblin' In, Suzi Quatro and Chris Norman
24. Lead Me On, Maxine Nightingale
25. Shake Your Body, Jacksons
26. Don't Cry Out Loud, Melissa Manchester (Admittedly, the version I heard was sang by Diana DeGarmo on American Idol but I loved Diana's version...)
27. The Logical Song, Supertramp
28. My Life, Billy Joel
29. Just When I Needed You Most, Randy Vanwarmer
30. You Can't Change That, Raydio
31. Shake Your Groove Thing, Peaches and Herb
32. I'll Never Love This Way Again, Dionne Warwick
33. Love You Inside Out, Bee Gees
34. I Want You To Want Me, Cheap Trick (I heard them play this live at the June Jamboree when I was 20. It was AWESOME!! My best friend had to drag me over to the Cheap Trick stage though cuz I'm not much on that kind of music but once I got there it rocked! lol)
35. The Main Event (Fight), Barbra Streisand
36. Mama Can't Buy You Love, Elton John
37. I Was Made For Dancin', Leif Garrett
38. After The Love Has Gone, Earth, Wind and Fire
39. Heaven Knows, Donna Summer and Brooklyn Dreams
40. The Gambler, Kenny Rogers (Lord love a duck but I just LOOOOVE this song and Kenny Rogers singing this song. The movies were pretty cool too. My Mama used to be a huge Kenny fan so I grew up lovin' this man.)
41. Lotta Love, Nicolette Larson
42. Lady, Little River Band
43. Heaven Must Have Sent You, Bonnie Pointer
44. Hold The Line, Toto
45. He's The Greatest Dancer, Sister Sledge
46. Sharing The Night Together, Dr. Hook
47. She Believes In Me, Kenny Rogers (Ah...what a sweet sentiment...)
48. In The Navy, Village People
49. Music Box Dancer, Frank Mills
50. The Devil Went Down To Georgia, Charlie Daniels Band (Heaven help me but this is one of my very favorite songs despite the fact that I was told by an aquaintence on a message board that I couldn't possibly enjoy it as much as she did because I was an infant when it came out and I didn't go see Urban Cowboy in the theater when it was released and how DARE I think that I know anything about music since I'm not past 35. I have, however, danced quite crazily to this song on numerous occasions and tend to crank the volume whenever I hear it.)
51. Gold, John Stewart
52. Goodnight Tonight, Wings
53. We Are Family, Sister Sledge
54. Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy, Bad Company
55. Every 1's A Winner, Hot Chocolate
56. Take Me Home, Cher
57. Boogie Wonderland, Earth, Wind and Fire
58. (Our Love) Don't Throw It All Away, Andy Gibb
59. What You Won't Do For Love, Bobby Caldwell
60. New York Groove, Ace Frehley
61. Sultans Of Swing, Dire Straits
62. I Want Your Love, Chic
63. Chuck E's In Love, Rickie Lee Jones
64. I Love The Night Life, Alicia Bridges
65. Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now, McFadden and Whitehead
66. Lonesome Loser, Little River Band
67. Renegade, Styx
68. Love Is The Answer, England Dan and John Ford Coley
69. Got To Be Real, Cheryl Lynn
70. Born To Be Alive, Patrick Hernandez
71. Shine A Little Love, Electric Light Orchestra
72. I Just Fall In Love Again, Anne Murray (Though I haven't heard this particular song that I remember, I cut my teeth listening to Anne Murray. In fact, when I was just a wee lass, I used to insist to my family that I was in fact Anne Murray's daughter. lol My mother still teases me about that.)
73. Shake It, Ian Matthews
74. I Was Made For Lovin' You, Kiss
75. I Just Wanna Stop, Gino Vannelli
76. Disco Nights, G.Q.
77. Ooh Baby Baby, Linda Ronstadt
78. September, Earth, Wind and Fire
79. Time Passages, Al Stewart
80. Rise, Herb Alpert
81. Don't Bring Me Down, Electric Light Orchestra
82. Promises, Eric Clapton
83. Get Used To It, Roger Voudouris
84. How Much I Feel, Ambrosia
85. Suspicions, Eddie Rabbitt
86. You Take My Breath Away, Rex Smith
87. How You Gonna See Me Now, Alice Cooper
88. Double Vision, Foreigner
89. Every Time I Think Of You, Babys
90. I Got My Mind Made Up, Instant Funk
91. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Michael Jackson
92. Bad Case Of Lovin' You, Robert Palmer
93. Somewhere In The Night, Barry Manilow
94. We've Got Tonite, Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band (Okay, while I love Bob Seger's version, I have to admit that the first time I heard this song it was when Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton released it...admittedly, I love their version more. Please don't string me up, all you hardcore music fans.)
95. Dance The Night Away, Van Halen
96. Dancing Shoes, Nigel Olsson
97. The Boss, Diana Ross
98. Sail On, Commodores
99. I Do Love You, G.Q.
100. Strange Way, Firefall
This is a list of the top 100 songs from the year I was born, 1979. I've bolded the ones that I like and italicized the one's I've actually heard before. Also, I'm adding some random thoughts on some of the songs.
1. My Sharona, The Knack (Shudder...sorry, can't stand this one...)
2. Bad Girls, Donna Summer (hehehehe this one is just tooooo fun)
3. Le Freak, Chic
4. Da Ya Think I'm Sexy, Rod Stewart (If this is the song I'm thinking of...)
5. Reunited, Peaches and Herb
6. I Will Survive, Gloria Gaynor (This has been my theme song from time to time as I'm sure it has been for several folks. lol)
7. Hot Stuff, Donna Summer
8. Y.M.C.A., Village People (Oh my gosh! How many times have I sang this song with my bedst friend? A million, perhaps. All through high school and even up till this past year whenever we're together and feeling goofy we sing this complete with hand motions. Good times...good times. hehehe)
9. Ring My Bell, Anita Ward
10. Sad Eyes, Robert John
11. Too Much Heaven, Bee Gees
12. MacArthur Park, Donna Summer
13. When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman, Dr. Hook
14. Makin' It, David Naughton
15. Fire, Pointer Sisters
16. Tragedy, Bee Gees
17. A Little More Love, Olivia Newton-John
18. Heart Of Glass, Blondie
19. What A Fool Believes, Doobie Brothers
20. Good Times, Chic
21. You Don't Bring Me Flowers, Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond
22. Knock On Wood, Amii Stewart
23. Stumblin' In, Suzi Quatro and Chris Norman
24. Lead Me On, Maxine Nightingale
25. Shake Your Body, Jacksons
26. Don't Cry Out Loud, Melissa Manchester (Admittedly, the version I heard was sang by Diana DeGarmo on American Idol but I loved Diana's version...)
27. The Logical Song, Supertramp
28. My Life, Billy Joel
29. Just When I Needed You Most, Randy Vanwarmer
30. You Can't Change That, Raydio
31. Shake Your Groove Thing, Peaches and Herb
32. I'll Never Love This Way Again, Dionne Warwick
33. Love You Inside Out, Bee Gees
34. I Want You To Want Me, Cheap Trick (I heard them play this live at the June Jamboree when I was 20. It was AWESOME!! My best friend had to drag me over to the Cheap Trick stage though cuz I'm not much on that kind of music but once I got there it rocked! lol)
35. The Main Event (Fight), Barbra Streisand
36. Mama Can't Buy You Love, Elton John
37. I Was Made For Dancin', Leif Garrett
38. After The Love Has Gone, Earth, Wind and Fire
39. Heaven Knows, Donna Summer and Brooklyn Dreams
40. The Gambler, Kenny Rogers (Lord love a duck but I just LOOOOVE this song and Kenny Rogers singing this song. The movies were pretty cool too. My Mama used to be a huge Kenny fan so I grew up lovin' this man.)
41. Lotta Love, Nicolette Larson
42. Lady, Little River Band
43. Heaven Must Have Sent You, Bonnie Pointer
44. Hold The Line, Toto
45. He's The Greatest Dancer, Sister Sledge
46. Sharing The Night Together, Dr. Hook
47. She Believes In Me, Kenny Rogers (Ah...what a sweet sentiment...)
48. In The Navy, Village People
49. Music Box Dancer, Frank Mills
50. The Devil Went Down To Georgia, Charlie Daniels Band (Heaven help me but this is one of my very favorite songs despite the fact that I was told by an aquaintence on a message board that I couldn't possibly enjoy it as much as she did because I was an infant when it came out and I didn't go see Urban Cowboy in the theater when it was released and how DARE I think that I know anything about music since I'm not past 35. I have, however, danced quite crazily to this song on numerous occasions and tend to crank the volume whenever I hear it.)
51. Gold, John Stewart
52. Goodnight Tonight, Wings
53. We Are Family, Sister Sledge
54. Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy, Bad Company
55. Every 1's A Winner, Hot Chocolate
56. Take Me Home, Cher
57. Boogie Wonderland, Earth, Wind and Fire
58. (Our Love) Don't Throw It All Away, Andy Gibb
59. What You Won't Do For Love, Bobby Caldwell
60. New York Groove, Ace Frehley
61. Sultans Of Swing, Dire Straits
62. I Want Your Love, Chic
63. Chuck E's In Love, Rickie Lee Jones
64. I Love The Night Life, Alicia Bridges
65. Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now, McFadden and Whitehead
66. Lonesome Loser, Little River Band
67. Renegade, Styx
68. Love Is The Answer, England Dan and John Ford Coley
69. Got To Be Real, Cheryl Lynn
70. Born To Be Alive, Patrick Hernandez
71. Shine A Little Love, Electric Light Orchestra
72. I Just Fall In Love Again, Anne Murray (Though I haven't heard this particular song that I remember, I cut my teeth listening to Anne Murray. In fact, when I was just a wee lass, I used to insist to my family that I was in fact Anne Murray's daughter. lol My mother still teases me about that.)
73. Shake It, Ian Matthews
74. I Was Made For Lovin' You, Kiss
75. I Just Wanna Stop, Gino Vannelli
76. Disco Nights, G.Q.
77. Ooh Baby Baby, Linda Ronstadt
78. September, Earth, Wind and Fire
79. Time Passages, Al Stewart
80. Rise, Herb Alpert
81. Don't Bring Me Down, Electric Light Orchestra
82. Promises, Eric Clapton
83. Get Used To It, Roger Voudouris
84. How Much I Feel, Ambrosia
85. Suspicions, Eddie Rabbitt
86. You Take My Breath Away, Rex Smith
87. How You Gonna See Me Now, Alice Cooper
88. Double Vision, Foreigner
89. Every Time I Think Of You, Babys
90. I Got My Mind Made Up, Instant Funk
91. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Michael Jackson
92. Bad Case Of Lovin' You, Robert Palmer
93. Somewhere In The Night, Barry Manilow
94. We've Got Tonite, Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band (Okay, while I love Bob Seger's version, I have to admit that the first time I heard this song it was when Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton released it...admittedly, I love their version more. Please don't string me up, all you hardcore music fans.)
95. Dance The Night Away, Van Halen
96. Dancing Shoes, Nigel Olsson
97. The Boss, Diana Ross
98. Sail On, Commodores
99. I Do Love You, G.Q.
100. Strange Way, Firefall
Comments
We actually played (tried to play?) "Music Box Dancer" in 7th grade orchestra. Kind of a difficult one for strings, but very pretty. They played it on all the country stations into the early 80s. I heard it somewhere recently, no idea where. Probably the grocery store. lol
~H.