Back in Action and Perking Up

My eyes are a little droopy and I still sound all nasal when I talk but I'm back in action. I (guiltily) called in sick on Friday and stayed home to curl up on the couch with a bottle of Nyquil and a box of tissues. I can't honestly say I remember too terribly much about Friday or Saturday either for that matter. Nyquil really conks me out, let me tell you.

My sisters DID both make it to town this weekend though. I saw them for a few hours Saturday. Sis2 and her hubby swung by and picked me up to go to my folks house. We didn't want to risk me getting picked up on a DUI. lol I was pretty much exiled to the living room while everyone else was in the kitchen/dining room. No one wanted my germs. *pout* (Athough Sis1 says she caught my cold anyway. hehehehe)

Things at work are back to normal, thank God. Everyone is back and though we're sniping at each other a bit, it's good to have 'em all back. And, I don't have anything on my schedule this week so my mind can relax for a bit.

I'm still upset over the idiocy of folks with the gas situation but I did manage to find a pump and get gas in my car to come to work so alls well that ends well, I suppose.

My landlord finally got all the trees and stuff cut in my yard that needed cutting and I managed to garner enough energy to get the porch swept off and the swing and table cleaned up so once I find the energy to get the grass cut, my house will no longer look like white trash lives there. lol (totally un-PC of me, but I've never been PC so....)

I finally stopped watching the news because it upset me, depressed me and generally made me more miserable than I already was. It just seems to be in the air though. It's on everyone's mind and in nearly every conversation. I want to do more to help but all I can afford is to pray and send good wishes.

I'm determined to find my peace again and get my mind back on track. I've let so much slide these past several weeks--my writing, my work, reading, the crafts I was working on, my family obligations--and now it's time to pull myself up by the boot straps (or flip flops hehe) and get back to doing what needs to be done.

Comments

Heather said…
Glad you're finally feeling better, Jana!

And hey -- it's National Procrastination Day, so feel free to let things slide another day in the spirit of celebration. ,-D

H.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today