Desperate Houswives and other TV trivia

Ahhhhh...the new season of television has begun and I am in Heaven. Yeah, you can label me shallow but you can't tell me there isn't at least one television show you aren't just dying to see the season premiere of.

Yeah, so I'm not a total TV junkie, but there are the must see's and I've decided that today, since I'm fresh out of melodramatic rants that I'd give a brief run-down of the one's I've seen and loved and the one's I'm hoping won't let me down.

Monday nights are Medium nights. It's the only must see Monday night show that I've run across as of yet. Yeah, I might halfway glance at Las Vegas while waiting on Medium but I'm not a Vegas kind of gal so I ain't hooked yet. The new season of Medium began last Monday and I must say...I think this show is only getting better and better. I never know what to expect when tuning in because each show is unique. Sure, it has it's regular dynamics in the way that Allison and her family relates to each other and that plot line seems to be heating but as for the main plot of each episode, they're almost always unique and fresh. It's very rare to see a show that ages like wine and cheese. So this is only the second season but I see only good things in the future of this show.

Wednesday nights are Lost. I admit, when this premiered last season I didn't think it would hold much appeal for me. I mean, I'm not a Survivor fan and this was billed as a fictional Survivor type show. I must concede though, that JJ Abrams knew what he was doing. It took me a while to really get into this show, but now it a must see. It has enough drama and intrigue to hold my interest, it's just weird enough to be cool, and it stars Matthew Fox...he was one of my dreamboats when I was in high school...anyone else remember him as the oldest brother in Party of Five?? He was yummy then and he's super yummy now. This season promises thus far not to disappoint. Lost premiered last Wedneday in a flash of light that startled a yelp out of me...(anyone else jump when that blinding light sucked Kate down into the hatch?) More importantly though, Lost ushered in what could be another must see for Wednesday nights...Invasion. A new alien drama that if the premier this past Wed. is anything to go by, should prove to be interesting.

Thursday...what once was a bust night (except for the rare occasions when I'd remember to watch Will and Grace) is now a must see night. Alias, my beloved spy tv, has moved to Thursdays. While I haven't yet seen the premier (this Thursday!!) if the previews are anything to go by, it should prove to be interesting. I'm rarely disappointed with this show despite naysayers, critics and people who just like to complain. However, if the rumors I've heard about what happens with a certain hunky agent are true, I'm not only going to be highly upset, I'm also going to be mad that I saw it coming.

Friday. Oh Friday where have you gone? Friday was once my night of shining television. Once long ago it was the place where Providence ruled but that was bitterly cancelled. Then just a mere two years ago, CBS gave me Joan of Arcadia but then after last season they took it back. Now Friday nights are relagated to a sad rip off of Medium in the form of Ghost Whisperer. Granted, I've only seen the first episode and it didn't suck, but Jennifer Love Hewitt is not one of the more memorable Party of Five former castmates. I see far far too much trying on this show's part to be like the wonderfulness that is Medium. Too many paralels to ignore and this one falls short of the glory Patricia Arquett has established. Besides, I'm still a little bitter that CBS took of Joan...a perfectly respectable, enteraining not to mention meaningful show and replaced it with this shadow of a better show.

And then there is Saturday night. (Yeah, the fact that I'm home on Friday and Saturday nights--date nights--could be perceived as a sad state of affairs but I don't give a crap. It's far less bothersome than trying to fend of groping hands and garlic breath.) Saturday night used to be my TLC night. That's The Learning Channel, my friends. Trading Spaces rocked for a good four years and then the sucking began. New designers who can't design their way out of a paper sack, the demise of Paige and the removal of all the things that made this show great leaves the show lackluster and stale. Looks like Saturday nights will become book nights, eh? Or maybe I'll decide that groping hands and garlic breath, when compared to this, aren't so bad after all.

And finally we get to Sunday. The night that makes the rest of the week worth while. Desperate Housewives. I admit it. I'm a Terri Hatcher fan. I used to watch Lois and Clark and want to be just like her. Well, I can't say that I want to be a Susan, but if Mike came with the package I don't think I'd object. Desperate premiered this past Sunday night with new mystery, frest fun, and drama drama drama. It definitely didn't disappoint. But then, I never expected it to. Yeah, you can call this a soap opera and make fun of it all you want, but as far as enterainment goes this ones got it all wrapped up.

Now, if only I could convince TNT to not stop showing new episodes of Charmed on Tuesday nights, I'd be set for a nice snuggly entertaining Fall and Winter. ;-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi! Alias & Lost...need I say more??? I cannot wait until Thursday night. It better be good...:)

I hate how Trading Spaces has degenerated into crap. How sad! Not even cute carpenter guys do it for me anymore.

So, hope you have a great day & I'll talk to you soon.
Heather said…
I tried "Alias" during the first season. Then I missed a few episodes and catching up seemed impossible so I gave up.

I guess I should have guesses from your "4400" addiction that you'd be a "Medium" fan as well. YAY! I couldn't believe the way they left us hanging all summer, but the season premier was definitely worth it. Looks like it will be another good season.

In addition to "Medium" my must-sees are: Sunday: "Cold Case" (sucks when football goes late!); Monday: Medium; Tuesday: SVU (Elliot!). Wednesday: L&O. I watched the pilot of Lost last year and it just didn't do anything for me; Thursday: Joey, Will & Grace, The Apprentice, ER; Friday: Numbers (love Charlie!); Saturday: McLeod's Daughters.

I did watch "Ghost Whisperer" Friday night, and while it didn't suck, I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Same with "Bones." Caught the premier of "Commander in Chief" tonight and thought it was pretty good. Loved the way Geena Davis stood up to the 'Good Old Boy' club! Will be interesting to see where it goes and how it does.

H.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today