Fits and Spurts
Cool title, huh? Brings to mind all manner of images. lol But that's the best way I could think of to describe the way my muse is returning to me...in fits and spurts.
Thanks to a nudge and sense of direction from a dear friend, I feel as though my long vacationing muse is at least playing tag with me. I wrote an entire scene in a fit of flying fingers. Even got it polished to a semi-gloss before she fizzled on me. Then just now, she spurted out a paragraph or two for another scene and helped me polish a scene I had written a couple of weeks ago before darting back out. But hey, as long as she's willing to come out and play I'm open to fits and spurts.
Thanks to a nudge and sense of direction from a dear friend, I feel as though my long vacationing muse is at least playing tag with me. I wrote an entire scene in a fit of flying fingers. Even got it polished to a semi-gloss before she fizzled on me. Then just now, she spurted out a paragraph or two for another scene and helped me polish a scene I had written a couple of weeks ago before darting back out. But hey, as long as she's willing to come out and play I'm open to fits and spurts.
Comments
No one works the same as another. Some writers can churn out whole chapters a day, others maybe only a scene. Some write furiously, while others are more meticulous. It all depends what kind of writer you are. Find what works best for you, don't compare yourself or your writing to anyone else, and go with it!