Blogging for Joy

My pal Heathertagged me to blog for joy. I really didn't think I'd have much luck with this since it seems I don't tend to write many happy thoughts. lol Wonder of wonders, I actually found two entries. Here were Heather's instructions...

THE SEARCH FOR JOY

Search your blog for the word "joy" used in the context of "happiness." If you cannot find the word in your weblog, you may use any of the select list of synonyms below.

joy=amusement, bliss, cheer, comfort, delectation, delight, ecstasy, elation,exaltation, exultation, exulting, felicity, gaiety, gladness, glee, good humor,gratification, happiness, hilarity, humor, jubilance, liveliness, merriment,mirth, pleasure, rapture, regalement, rejoicing, revelry, satisfaction, wonder

If your weblog does not include a built-in search engine, then you can use Google to search only within one specific website by entering the search terms you're looking for, followed by the word "site" and a colon followed by the doname. Ifme.If you've found the word and it was not used facetiously or sarcastically, good for you. All you need to do is link to your earlier entry, and write a few words about that joyous moment.

If, however, you have no joy (whole words only) in your weblog, you must dig deep in your soul and find something wonderful in your life right now. One little thing that fills you with warmth, that bubbles you over with quiet happiness, or tickles you with its good-hearted hilarity, or makes you glad you just took a breath, and are getting ready to take another. It doesn't have to be anything big. A smile someone gave you; your cat on your shoulder; the way the light angles through your window and casts rainbows on your floor. All it has to be is something genuine, something real, something that matters to you. Because we all need joy in our lives, and need to take the time from time to time to recognize it. And sometimes, we need to pass it on. Even if we're a big pain in the ass when we do. When you've dealt with your own joy, pass the quest on to five other bloggers.

Here are the entries I found...

Rock of Ages

28 Sep 2005 by Jana
And the sound I hear falling on my ear, the Son of God discloses, And He walks with me, And He talks with me, And He tells me I am His own, And the joy we share as we tarry there None other has ever known.

All By Myself


12 Sep 2005 by Jana
and have that person hug you and celebrate with you and be completely happy for you and share in your joy. And there is a particular loneliness in being utterly defeated and going home to an empty house with no one to comfort you or ...

Okay, so the first one is in context of a song and the second one is in the context of loneliness, but STILL. lol

I know I havn't necessarily represented it much in this blog, but I do actually have a lot of joy in my life. I have the joy of being one of God's children. The joy of independence. My niece brings me great joy...even when she's sassing me. I have the joy of a wonderful family...both immediate and extended. I have the great joy of a handful of loyal and trustworthy friends. Books and music bring me copious amounts of joy as does the bliss of a quiet day. Looking at this challenge and the message behind it, I realize that I truly need to start focusing on the joys of living and not dwell so much on the yucky messy depressing parts. I'm not, by nature, a depressive person. My blog and the things I write in it should reflect that.

So add "Expressing Joy" to my list of things to do to better myself.

Thanks, H for the tag. I don't think I'll tag anyone but I strongly encourage anyone reading to hop on this bandwagon and search for joy. :)

Comments

Heather said…
Now see, that wasn't so hard afterall, was it? *WEG*
Jana said…
LOL Only pinched a bit.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today