Friday Thoughts

Another week has passed. Another week I'll never have to live again. :-) No, it has't been horrific or terrible. I didn't dip down into any terrible lows and for the first time in a while I just...was.

Today I feel a sense of accomplishment. After 2.5 years, I finally finished the collection I'd been working on for so long. I probably could have finished it far sooner but you know me...I'm a procrastinator. lol No, not all that time was procrastination. Much of it was me getting discouraged and spending a lot of time staring in dispair at the giant mess that I was assigned to make sense of. Well, folks...I finally made sense of it. I'm happy. My supervisor's happy. I know of at least one patron who will be happy when she discovers that it's complete. And if you've ever slaved over a disheartening project before, you can imagine the utter sense of relief that I felt when I shelved that last box and stared around at my newly emptied cubicle.

Of course, with finishing one project comes the task of being assigned a new one. This one, hopeless as it looks at the moment, I have a great feeling about. I really believe that this next collection is going to be something I can really sink my teeth into and enjoy! I can't go into the details but it's going to be an awesome collection once it's done. I'm a little scared to start it. Scared I'll be disappointed and experience the same despair I felt with the last one but I can't help but be hopeful. (You're probably all thinking...sheesh! She works in a library. How tough can it be? I'll just say...don't assume unless you've been here, done this.)

Another accomplishment is that I wrote a little bit more. I'm really starting to feel my groove coming back. It's a heady excitment to contemplate. I wrote two or three scenes for Drifters so who knows...maybe by next week I'll get back to my current WIP and get a second chapter cracked out. lol

Other wonderfulness this week comes in the form of the weather. Ask me just how badly I'd like to be curled up on my porch swing absorbing the cool sweet breath of this lovely morning and I'd tell you that every inch of me is longing...LONGING to be doing just that. I didn't know, of course, when I awoke this morning just how lovely it would be, but upon stepping outside to go to work I was hit with this cool, gentle breeze and it just sort of whispered over my skin. It felt like Fall. It felt like peace. The sky is slightly overcast, too, which lends the whole atmosphere a sort of lazy relaxed feel. And as I was walking to the building this morning, the wind rushed over me flipping my hair around my head. I just wanted to stop right there in the middle of the street and just feel it whip around me. This is the kind of morning that I wait all year for. The intense misery of summer is receding and a breath of fresh cool air is taking it's place. I imagine that Heaven must feel something like this.

After that, there isn't much else I can say about the past week. I simply enjoyed. I ate the forbidden...chocolate. I read two fantabulous books, one of which I finished last night. I'll say this...Jennifer Cruisie is one of my new favorite authors. I had only read one of her books previously and while I liked it, the one I finished last nigh, Bet Me was just...Well, I swooned several times. I almost cried once and I laughed out loud several times. Oh, and my new favorite hero is Cal. hehehehe That's how much I loved it. For a while there, when I was in the thick of it, all I could think was, wow! I wish I were Min.

One disappointment this week, which really shouldn't even be a blip on my radar but...I got bored watching Alias last night. That's never happened to me before. And you know I waited all summer to get new episodes and now trying to watch it is just kind of like, "Blah." I don't know if it's the fact that Vaughn's gone or that I've read too many bad reviews and bad spoilers or if I'm just pissed off that Jennifer Garner said she doesn't want to come back next season so now they've filled up the show with a bunch of new people to try and get a head start on filling the void. Well, if last night was anything to go by, (with the exception of Bethazar Ghetty who I adore) I'm not impressed. One of the new girls is just...lackluster and the one they're bringing on next week has a distinct Lauren feel to it and if you're an Alias fan, you know what I mean.

I guess I'm just starting to feel with Alias the way I felt with ER when George Clooney left and then all the original cast started leaving. It just doesn't have the same feel that it used to. I left ER in the dust several seasons ago when Dr. Green left. I was a little sad about that but I was never a nut over ER the way I've always been for Alias so I just feel extremely let down. Add that with the fact that I can't watch Charmed anymore (my other fanatical show) and I'm just hanging on by a thread here. If they take Medium off or screw it up I may just sell my stinkin' TV and take out stock in a publishing house or something so I can have books on demand. (I know, I'm a loser cuz TV even factors into my happiness... :-p~~~~)

Beyond that, I'm thinking this has been a pretty good week. Sure, I had my normal grievances (the annoying co-worker, some extremely peevish moments and some mild annoyances with the family) but overall I'm thinking I need a few more weeks like this one to repair my soul.

Happy Friday!

Comments

Heather said…
Congrats on finishing one project and moving on to another, Jana. The work you do sounds both tedious and fascinating! I think I would find it too easy to get sidetracked by reading what I was supposed to be sorting and organizing - this based on the fact that every time I log on to the Wis. Hist. Society's website I get lost in the online archives for hours. ,-)
Anonymous said…
Ah, Alias. Ya know, I actually liked the episode the other night, thanks to Marshall. LOL! If they keep screwing with it, I'm going to be peeved. I don't know why people do crap like this. They have a show that makes them huge, then they complain about it, then they ruin the show. If that's the case, phooey on them. :( I'm going to keep watching it just cuz I can, but I totally get the disappointment vibe.
Anonymous said…
Jana congrats on the completion! That fall, peaceful feeling sounds so great! Finally experiencing some here as well. Isn't it fabulous?

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today