I'm a writing fool...
Well, well, well. The madness continues. hehehe I wrote six pages last night and realized that I had actually written four pages the night before instead of the two I reported. What can I say? I don't pay much attention to the minor details. lol I still think that what I'm writing these days sucks but I'm not going to stop. It can't be as bad as I think, can it? And didn't I say I was going to stop thinking negatively anyway? ;-) I'm really enjoying it. Probably the most annoying thing is having to wait and let my computer boot up. It takes forever. I need to take it to the computer doctor for a "physical." lol
What's really difficult for me, and I'm trying to overcome it, is the self-editing as I write. Someone else once told me that they experienced the same problem. It held them up from finishing anything and wasn't really necessary anyway. I'm trying so hard not to do that but the temptation is strong. I always want to go back and re-read what I just read and edit the crap out of it because, me being me, I always think it sucks. I've been known to delete whole chapters because of this...and then regret it later. So...no more self editing as I write. Save it for the end, dude.
Now, in non-writing related news, Sis1 got a new job!! Yay!!! Can't remember if I report it here or not, but her previous boss was a jerk and "let her go" because after three years of her busting her butt and him praising her to the Heavens it just wasn't working out. What it REALLY was, was him and the office manager decided they wanted someone who could work full time instead of the part time they hired her for and wanted someone who didn't mind selling their lives to work 60 hour weeks. Well, sorry dudes. She's got a child who she would like to actually raise herself instead of letting after school raise her and no, she doesn't have the kind of husband who can do it for her. He has a job too, my friends. One that he HAS sold his life for 60 hour weeks and weeks at a time away from his family.
BUT...God provided and Sis1 has found a wonderful job working as the minister of music's secretary at the church she's been attending. This is a marvelous blessing for many many reason. For one thing, my sister is now in a position that is not only understanding and supportive of the family, but it's also an entirely Christian one...something that my sister really needs. She is easily given to temptation and the folks she was working with previously were bad influences on her. For another thing, now that she's working there I'm hoping that this will help her make a church home there. It's taken her the three years since they moved to Alabama to get back into church regularly. She used to only go to church when she came home every other weekend or so. AND, with this, it gets my niece in church every Sunday so that she can be raised the way that we were...in church with Christian friends. Now...if only that would give BIL the incentive to go to church with them. He needs to make Christian friends if for no other reason than to help cure that potty mouth of his. lol
In other news, there is no other news. hehehe For better or worse that's the news in Jana-land. ;)
What's really difficult for me, and I'm trying to overcome it, is the self-editing as I write. Someone else once told me that they experienced the same problem. It held them up from finishing anything and wasn't really necessary anyway. I'm trying so hard not to do that but the temptation is strong. I always want to go back and re-read what I just read and edit the crap out of it because, me being me, I always think it sucks. I've been known to delete whole chapters because of this...and then regret it later. So...no more self editing as I write. Save it for the end, dude.
Now, in non-writing related news, Sis1 got a new job!! Yay!!! Can't remember if I report it here or not, but her previous boss was a jerk and "let her go" because after three years of her busting her butt and him praising her to the Heavens it just wasn't working out. What it REALLY was, was him and the office manager decided they wanted someone who could work full time instead of the part time they hired her for and wanted someone who didn't mind selling their lives to work 60 hour weeks. Well, sorry dudes. She's got a child who she would like to actually raise herself instead of letting after school raise her and no, she doesn't have the kind of husband who can do it for her. He has a job too, my friends. One that he HAS sold his life for 60 hour weeks and weeks at a time away from his family.
BUT...God provided and Sis1 has found a wonderful job working as the minister of music's secretary at the church she's been attending. This is a marvelous blessing for many many reason. For one thing, my sister is now in a position that is not only understanding and supportive of the family, but it's also an entirely Christian one...something that my sister really needs. She is easily given to temptation and the folks she was working with previously were bad influences on her. For another thing, now that she's working there I'm hoping that this will help her make a church home there. It's taken her the three years since they moved to Alabama to get back into church regularly. She used to only go to church when she came home every other weekend or so. AND, with this, it gets my niece in church every Sunday so that she can be raised the way that we were...in church with Christian friends. Now...if only that would give BIL the incentive to go to church with them. He needs to make Christian friends if for no other reason than to help cure that potty mouth of his. lol
In other news, there is no other news. hehehe For better or worse that's the news in Jana-land. ;)
Comments