Romancing Questions

My pal, Kaitlin, borrowed this from Romancing the Blog and I liked it so well that I'm borrowing it from her. Hope ya don't mind, Kaitlin! ;-)

Question 1: What romance, if any, can you quote passages from?

Oh wow....hmmm...well, I don't think I can actually quote from one, but like Kaitlin said in her answer, there are some books that I can just glance at the cover and tell you a brief synopsis of the story. I may not even remember character names but I remember the plot lines. These are the ones that I know for sure are keepers because if I can still remember the plot line just by the cover, I KNOW it was a good book. :-)

Question 2: What subjects/treatments/pet peeves make you angry?

Well, I really get prickly and disgusted at some of the category romances that feature really boorish overbearing neanderthal heros who mistreat the heroine throughout the book and the heroine is such a wimp that she finds him irresistable and in the end she falls at his feet because he tells her he loves her and they live happily ever after in hell. lol I think these are often referred to as classic or traditional romances. Makes me glad I've never had a traditional romance. I actually threw a book across the room and smacked it at the wall because of this theme. I mean, the dude runs roughshod all over the female throughout however many pages and she simpers, silently seeths and goes along with everything because she is "in love" with the jerk and he thinks his behavior is perfectly fine because he doesn't just want to get her in the sack. He's willing to marry her, by George. Someone hold my hair back. I'm gonna hurl!

Question 3: What level of sensuality are you comfortable with?

Well, if we're talking sensuality where the lovers are actually in love and not lust and I've had a good portion of a book seeing them fall in love then I enjoy a spine tingling descriptively sensual book. If they're humping because he can't get over her endless legs and big breasts and she is a wanton woman who enjoys sex and find hims appealing then I feel like I'm watching porn and need to scrub my eyes.

Question 4: If you were pregnant with the missing amnesiac cowboy sheikh’s twin’s secret baby, would you sign yourself up in the nearest mail order bride program?

Sure. Why not? It's obvious that the amnesiac cowboy sheikh is likely hiding some insideous secret that is going to tear us apart and I'm sure to fall madly in love with his twin while dealing with this secret which will cause untold amounts of heartache so to avoid all that unpleasantness, yeah. Sign me up. Chances are I'll end up on some remote farm in Wisconsin hitched to a widower with 5 adorable rugrats and he'll gladly become daddy to my baby and over time we'll fall in love and make a baby of our own...not without tons of angst in between though. lol

Question 5: What ethnicities do you think are under represented in romances?

Like Kaitlin said, being white, I've never really thought about it. I know there is a sore lacking in Hispanic romances. I have seen a few Asian-American's here and there, usually falling love with a white or African American. I don't think I've ever read a book featuring a Middle Eastern person. That would be interesting. I think I might write one with BB6's Kaysar as the lead. He is quite the little Muslim hottie. ;-) (forgive me if that was disrespectful. I'm totally un-PC)

Question 6: Have you ever had to defend your reading choices?

Oh gosh, yes. My dad makes fun of me all the time for reading "porn."

Question 7: What’s your guilty secret pleasure read?

*blushing* If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret. hehehehe Nah, my guilty secret pleasure is reading the erotic romances. Real heavy breathers, let me tell you. I'd die if my mama ever knew just how erotic some of those books are. Whew!

Question 8: What’s the last romance that made you cry?

I think it was A Whole Lot of Love by Justine Davis. Gosh, it gets me every time. I don't normally cry over a book. I get swoony over some but never really cry.

Bonus Point Question: Of all the romances you’ve read, which fictional hero would you most want to lay claim to?

Sam Dalton from Silent Sam's Salvation by Myrna Tempte (I think that's how you spell her name.) He is the oldest of the Dalton clan and is this big hunkie cowboy. He runs the family ranch, Circle D, mostly on his own. He's very quiet and kind and he had a thick head of mostly black hair with a few silver strands and has a thick dark mustache that the heroine loves because it tickles when they kiss. Even now, just thinking about him I'm getting all swoony. hehehehe

That was a lot of fun, so thanks Kaitlin and the orignal poster, whoever you were, for the inspiration! :)

Comments

I'll have to answer these later. Fun questions, I didn't read it all yet.
Heather said…
"Sign me up. Chances are I'll end up on some remote farm in Wisconsin."

ROFL - hope you like the smell of cows.

Loved your answers, dear, especially to number four.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today