Spooky spookfest 2005
A little something to leave you with for the weekend...
I love all things supernaturally scary. Okay...anything ghostly scary. I don't like movies or books about exorcisms because...shudder...that's just tooooooo beyond my ability to not have nightmares. And no, I don't like Chucky movies or Nightmare on Elm Street. I barely survived Pet Cemetary without severe traumatizations. I did and DO, however, love a good ghostly scarey movie or story. The Sixth Sense gave me chills, The Others made me scream out loud. House on Haunted Hill was just...well, it had it's moments...cheese factor aside.
So in honor of the imminent approach of All Hallow's Eve I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite ghostly websites. Once upon a time I visited these about as often as I checked my email. While my interest and their fun ghost stories hasn't waned, time just doesn't allow it anymore. But...just for you, here they are. Check them out...If you dare.... hehe
The Shadowlands Huge archive of "true" ghost stories sent in by viewers. Ranges from the super silly to the super scary. Just takes some weeding and patience.
Ghost Study My big thing on this site are the photo archives. There are some truly chilling photos on here. The best part is that the host, Jim, is very meticulous about not posting what are clear fakes. He and his team take great care to only post what they truly believe to be authentic ghostly images.
Obiwan's UFO-Free Paranormal Websight I liked all the stories on here and there seem to be a few folks who posted who know a thing or two about the paranormal. I must admit though, this site is largely out of date and rarely updated--much to my frustration. However, if you've never been there then all the stories will be new to you! hehe
If you have any frightening sites of your own, leave me a note. I'd be thrilled to check it out!
I love all things supernaturally scary. Okay...anything ghostly scary. I don't like movies or books about exorcisms because...shudder...that's just tooooooo beyond my ability to not have nightmares. And no, I don't like Chucky movies or Nightmare on Elm Street. I barely survived Pet Cemetary without severe traumatizations. I did and DO, however, love a good ghostly scarey movie or story. The Sixth Sense gave me chills, The Others made me scream out loud. House on Haunted Hill was just...well, it had it's moments...cheese factor aside.
So in honor of the imminent approach of All Hallow's Eve I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite ghostly websites. Once upon a time I visited these about as often as I checked my email. While my interest and their fun ghost stories hasn't waned, time just doesn't allow it anymore. But...just for you, here they are. Check them out...If you dare....
Ghost Study My big thing on this site are the photo archives. There are some truly chilling photos on here. The best part is that the host, Jim, is very meticulous about not posting what are clear fakes. He and his team take great care to only post what they truly believe to be authentic ghostly images.
Obiwan's UFO-Free Paranormal Websight I liked all the stories on here and there seem to be a few folks who posted who know a thing or two about the paranormal. I must admit though, this site is largely out of date and rarely updated--much to my frustration. However, if you've never been there then all the stories will be new to you! hehe
If you have any frightening sites of your own, leave me a note. I'd be thrilled to check it out!
Comments