Top Ten Reasons to Procrastinate
Procrastination. It isn't just a way to avoid work. There are reasons, I tell you, REASONS, to procrastinate. So, I've taken it upon myself to enlighten those dogooders who would chastise us procrastinators. Here are the top ten reasons why I procrastinate.
10. That book in my bag will get lonely if I don't spend a good portion of time with it on a daily basis. No unread book ever went home happy.
9. I can't work unless I have memorized all the lyrics to Faith Hill's new song so that I can sing it to myself while I work.
8. My nails don't look this good without a little effort. My projects wouldn't appreciate me coming to them with ugly nails!
7. Everyone else is doing it.
6. A girl gets thirsty and the water fountain water is nasty. The snackshop is the only place to retrieve refreshment and to get to it I must go downstairs and take at least two friends with me.
5. Are Jessica and Nick breaking up? I have to keep abreast of the latest reports. Life can't go on unless I know whether Jessica and Nick are together today.
4. It's imperiative that I keep a clean desk. Alergies, you know. Dusting trumps working on projects every time.
3. If I do the work all at once I'll just have to start something new the next day.
2. Work will always be there. On-line friends won't. They have lives. I have to chat while they're around or I'll miss them.
1. Duh! This blog doesn't write itself!
10. That book in my bag will get lonely if I don't spend a good portion of time with it on a daily basis. No unread book ever went home happy.
9. I can't work unless I have memorized all the lyrics to Faith Hill's new song so that I can sing it to myself while I work.
8. My nails don't look this good without a little effort. My projects wouldn't appreciate me coming to them with ugly nails!
7. Everyone else is doing it.
6. A girl gets thirsty and the water fountain water is nasty. The snackshop is the only place to retrieve refreshment and to get to it I must go downstairs and take at least two friends with me.
5. Are Jessica and Nick breaking up? I have to keep abreast of the latest reports. Life can't go on unless I know whether Jessica and Nick are together today.
4. It's imperiative that I keep a clean desk. Alergies, you know. Dusting trumps working on projects every time.
3. If I do the work all at once I'll just have to start something new the next day.
2. Work will always be there. On-line friends won't. They have lives. I have to chat while they're around or I'll miss them.
1. Duh! This blog doesn't write itself!
Comments