Weekend Review Part I

Ah...a four day weekend. Nice. Relaxing. Time away from the rush of work and worry, right? Nah...lol

Oh, it wasn't bad just hectic. So here's a play by play. Grab some popcorn, strap yourself in and make sure you have a pillow handy to catch your head when you fall asleep. It's gonna be a long one, bay-bee! hehe

Thursday:

I took a couple of days of personal leave from work because a) Sis1 and Emmy were coming that afternoon to spend the weekend b) I had some cleaning and stuff to do and c) I have the personal time built up and dag-gummit I'm gonna use some of it just because. Emmy's school was on fall break last week (yes...they got a whole friggen week!!) so Sis1 decided this would be a good time to come and spend some quality time with the family. I knew I would be held captive for the duration of her stay so I took off all day Thursday just to have some "me" time to prepair. I'm very protective and selfish of my "me" time and instead of punishing my sister and my niece by being grouchy for the intrusion upon my life and time I figured this was the best option. So Thursday I slept in and then meandered off to Wal-Mart to buy groceries. Sis1 had requested that I cook that night so I had to buy something to eat. The joy of being single is that if I don't want to cook I don't have to which means I rarely have actual food in the house.

Going to Wal-mart when you have a lot of time on your hands is NOT a good idea when you are on a budget. I not only got the chicken, milk and diet Sunkist on my list...I walked out of there with $40 worth of pants, $40 worth of scrapbooking supplies, a $14 lamp and $50 worth of other groceries I did not need including two cans of whip cream. Needless to say, my credit card got an unexpected and unneccesary workout Thursday morning. The good news? I finally got some new pants to wear this winter that don't pinch my waist and I finally got the stuff to do the scrapbook of Sis2's wedding fiasco. lol That, my friends, leads me to what I did the rest of the day Thursday. I scrapbooked. I must admit that this is my very first attempt at doing a modern day scrapbook. It isn't anything fancy and it wouldn't win any prizes for originality but it's fun and cute and Sis1 and BIL were both impressed. I did 8 pages in 4 hours with only potty breaks in between. I started with photos from their engagement party back in February and got through to the lingerie shower pictures before I had to put it away and get the house cleaned up for Sis1 and Emmy's arrival.

They got there around 4:30 or so. Emmy was out of the truck, banging through the door throwing herself at me before I even realized they had gotten there. I swear, I will never stop loving the sound of my name being called in that excited voice she uses when I haven't seen her in a while. It's wonderful to know that she was as happy to see me as I was to see her and I absolutely dread the day she becomes too cool to get excited about seeing her frumpy old Aunt Jana.

Anyway, mark this on your calendar's people...I cooked supper and multi-tasked like a pro. lol I not only cooked stir-fry, I simultaneously put a frozen pizza in the oven for Emmy and fixed her a salad and all of it turned out okay! Whew!

Quick aside: When talking to Sis1 earlier that week I asked her what she wanted me to cook for her and when she asked Emmy what she wanted Emmy asked her, "Does Aunt Jana even know how to cook? I don't think she does, Mama. Maybe we should take some macaroni and cheese." The stinker.

So Thursday night was spent with me cleaning up the kitchen, entertaining a five year old armed with playdough and explaining to Sis1 that no, I don't watch Joey on Thursday nights I watch Alias but she was welcomed to watch Joey if she wanted. (Yes, I taped Alias. hehehe)

We did spend quite a bit of time looking through all my photo albums, too. Sis1 is doing a scrapbook for Emmy's birthday and wanted to see what pictures I have that she doesn't. Emmy is like me...she loves looking a pictures. Unlike me, she especially loves photos of herself, the vain little imp. lol These were pictures of her as a baby though and I think she's fascinated by the fact that she was once that small, chubby and cute. She's still cute but all chubby smallness is long gone. lol She loved looking at herself so much though that whenever a picture of someone other than her came along she declared it "disgusting". (that's her word dejour. She uses it to describe a plethera of things that irritate her.) Needless to say, your truly was found disgusting a couple of times along with various other family members. :-D

There is nothing quite so lovely as being knee'd in the kidney by a 5-year-old. She slept in my bed with me for all of three hours before litterally kicking me out of bed. She isn't a sound peaceful sleeper by any means and I am not used to sharing my bed with anyone. So lucky for me I wasn't jerked out of a sound sleep when the kicking started. It took her three knees to my kidney before I gave up the ghost, crawled out of bed and let her have it to herself. I spent the night on the daybed in the office/barbie room. I wasn't too terribly thrilled about this because a) it's a twin bed and I'm used to a full and b) I'm the one who put the thing together so the stability of it holding up under my weight is dubious at best. lol Luckily I'm a better "put-er together-er than I thought I was because despite the squeal whenever I flopped around, it help up and got me through a passibly restful night. Now, the wee hours of the morning are a different story...not that it's the bed's fault, per se. The ghost who resides in my house just decided to have some fun at my expense.

Yes. I live with a ghost so no, the squirrel isn't my only roomate. I've never SEEN the ghost but I feel him and he apparently likes to listen to the radio because he's constantly turning the dang thing on while I try to watch TV. Well, sometime early Friday morning I think my roommate must've gotten restless or maybe was just so tickled that I was sleeping in "his" room that he decided to play with me. The reason I call it "his" room (yes, I'm fairly certain from some of our encounters that it's a he..either that or I'm shacking up with a lesbian ghost :-/) is because he came with the bed. Yes, the daybed I was sleeping on. It used to belong to Sis1 and used to reside in their former house when they lived in MS. There was one bedroom in that house that was haunted and I'm not the only person to believe that. Sis1 and BIL also had some experience with it and this daybed used to be in that room. Well, when they moved and I got that daybed I think that spirit piggybacked with the bed and moved in with me. Up until that bed moved in I hadn't had any ghostly experiences in my house.

So Friday morning he started messing with my head and whispering sweet nothings into my ear. I don't know exactly what he was saying but I felt his breath on my ear and I definitely heard him whispering. Whatever he was saying must've been really wild because I felt him snuggled up almost on top of me at one point. Hell, he probably thought I was propositioning him by sleeping in his bed. And no, I wasn't dreaming. I was wide awake when he snuggled up against me. Eyes were open and everything. Needless to say, I told him no thank you and got up. LOL

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's gonna be a long one, bay-bee! Hehe

LOL – So glad you warned us!

The joy of being single is that if I don't want to cook I don't have to which means I rarely have actual food in the house.

Ain’t it a joy, though? You can eat whatever you want, whenever you want, whether it be good or bad. :-D

Going to Wal-mart when you have a lot of time on your hands is NOT a good idea when you are on a budget.

*Snicker* Been there, done that. I always find things I need/can use when I'm not looking for it - but if I really need something...can't be found.

The good news? I finally got...the stuff to do the scrapbook of Sis2's wedding fiasco. lol That, my friends, leads me to what I did the rest of the day Thursday. I scrapbooked. I must admit that this is my very first attempt at doing a modern day scrapbook. It isn't anything fancy and it wouldn't win any prizes for originality but it's fun and cute and Sis1 and BIL were both impressed. I did 8 pages in 4 hours with only potty breaks in between. I started with photos from their engagement party back in February and got through to the lingerie shower pictures before I had to put it away and get the house cleaned up for Sis1 and Emmy's arrival.

Wow, go Jana go! You got a lot done in such a short time. I hope your sister appreciates the thought and effort. A friend and I did a similar wedding album for another friend five years ago, from the time they met to the day they got married. We knew she would never get it done, so decided to do it as their wedding gift. Lots of work, but fun too. Even her Mom was in on it, making the cover from leftover fabric from the bridesmaids’ dresses, and “stealing” pics for us to copy.

Emmy asked her, "Does Aunt Jana even know how to cook? I don't think she does, Mama. Maybe we should take some macaroni and cheese." The stinker.

Sounds like she either knows you well, or is an accomplished con artist. Seems you had a good visit, looking at pics and all, even if you were kicked out of your own bed.

Yes. I live with a ghost so, no, the squirrel isn't my only roommate. I've never SEEN the ghost but I feel him and he apparently likes to listen to the radio because he's constantly turning the dang thing on while I try to watch TV.

Oh…cool, you have your very own ghost! Never heard of them being attached to furniture, though. Usually it’s a place that holds them. Do keep us informed on his doings. ,-)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today