The Woman in Black

I'm wearing black today. No, I'm not in mourning...just letting my dark tendencies show today in honor of Halloween. lol

I love Halloween mostly just because I love candy and being scared. Put the two together and I'm close to Heaven. My sisters think I'm nuts because I love spooking myself. Sis1 refuses to watch scary movies and Sis2, while she'll indulge me in watching some I'm too scared to watch alone, just doesn't understand the fascination I have with being scared.

Ever since I was a child, I've always loved scaring myself silly with ghost stories, vampire tales and the like. I still get chills when someone does the ol' "I love. To bite. Your neck!" routine. (even though it's goofy and I totally laugh at it. lol) And though I basically think they're silly, that doesn't mean I wouldn't run screaming in terror if a werewolf came snarling at me.

Just last night I spent two hours watching TLC's special "Possessed Possessions" wherein people brought possessions that they thought must be haunted and a couple of mediums would do "readings" on them. I'm certain that a lot of the readings and reactions were staged for TV (though the host insisted that it wasn't) it still had me looking at all the used furniture in my house with suspect. I expected at any moment for my antique teakettle collection to shapeshift into and angry ghost and start harassing me to send it back to it's rightful owner and yeah...I heard a few extra bumps after I went to bed.

Despite the fact that I'm perfectly comfortable at the idea of living with a ghost, the idea that an unfamiliar and perhaps unfriendly one might inhabit one possession or another spooked me but good. Fortunately, I figure that my resident ghostly pal would protect me from an outside ghost, right?

Right?

hehehehe

But, anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what the old boob tube has to offer tonight by way of spooky shows. Usually proves to be interesting. If all else fails, NBC is running back to back to back episodes (repeats no doubt, but still goodies) of Medium.

Anyway, I guess I don't really have a real point to this post except to say...

Happy Halloween, Ya'll!!

Comments

Heather said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said…
You would like scary movies. Me, I refuse to watch them. Yes, I've seen "Friday the 13th" and "Nightmare on Elm Street," but NOT because I wanted to. I like movies that are suspensey, but not scary. I'm thinking I might watch "The Sixth Sense" tonight. Can't go wrong with that one!

How was your weekend? Did you go to your bonfire?
Jana said…
Oh, I don't like slasher movies. I've never seen any of the Nightmare on Elm Streets or Friday 13th movies. I stick to the paranormal ones...except for Exorcist. lol The only "slasher movies" that I like are the Scream Trilogy.

Bonfire was fun. I ate too much. Waaaay too much. We loaded up for a long coooooold ride in the back of Daddy's pick-up through the hills and heckled the teenagers who were having their own bonfire at the sandpits. It was really great. Drove through the old cemetery and giggled at my mom's attempt to scare us. I think my new BIL thinks we're nuts. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today