Got milk?

Actually, yes. But does it count if the milk's gone bad? :-/

So yesterday was a good writing day. I got three scenes written for Drifter's that I hope to post today or tomorrow. I don't know where exactly they're taking the story but I have high hopes that the muse will be so kind as to let me in on whatever secret plot she's building when I'm asleep.

Have you ever had a character just nag you until you write his/her story? That's what happened with yesterday's writing. I had this character come to me about three weeks ago. I wrote her name and occupation down and then promptly ignored her. It wasn't time to introduce a new character, I kept saying. I'm juggling too many characters and their collective plots as it is. I figured, this character can wait, right? Nope. She just kept nagging and nagging and nagging some more until finally yesterday I sat down and let her out. She's actually quite the interesting chick. Not quite like any character I've ever written before.

As for my WIP? Well, that's pretty much stagnant again. The more I wrote the suckier it got and I really didn't want to screw it up. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really as good at this whole writing thing as I'd like to believe I am. Often times I think maybe I've taken the kind words of others, designed solely to build my self-esteem, and built them up into something that just isn't. What bugs me is that I really like to write. I enjoy it, much like singing. But I've never really thought I could sing all that well either. I've concluded countless times that people merely tell me what they think I want to hear so as to not hurt my feelings. I wish I could just sit someone down and just say, "Okay. Be brutally honest. How bad do I suck?" Even then I'm not certian I would fully trust them to tell my if I do suck. So now I'm wondering if maybe I should just keep writing but take the idea of publication off the table for now. Like, maybe if I'm not so critical of myself and thinking constantly, "No one's going to want to read this much less buy it" then I'll feel a little freer to just write for the pure joy of it.

And while I'm pondering this whole writing for publication thing, I've also got this "lose weight before you're too old and fat to care anymore" goal and then there's the "reign back on your spending so that you can start paying off bills and saving money for the future" goal and of course this whole growing up business that I'm trying to do while at the same time everyone I know is trying to marry me off! Ugh! It's just too much! It's too much! lol

I don't know. *sigh* I think I need therapy. lol

Work is slowing down this week. Or speeding up, depending on who you are and what your role is here. lol My role is slowing down. The students will be gone tomorrow so I know it'll be super quiet around here then. That's always fun. And then it's also great that tomorrow is the last day for the week and the university president just sent out a message saying that we're closing at noon tomorrow which is GREAT!! WaHooooo! And I get to eat lots of turky and good stuff on Thursday. :)

I really do always look forward to this time of year though. Despite the fact that it seems time speeds up, for me it always hails a sense of closure. I can close the door on 2005 and anticipate all the wonderful things that I pray will be brought by 2006.

Anyway, those are my random ramblings for the day. If I had a coherant thought, I'd share it with you but apparently I'm unable to manage such a feat today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today