Working for the weekend...

Well, working ON the weekend and let me just tell ya...it SUCKS!! lol Wanna see where I work? You don't? Well you're gonna, so there. :-p~~

This is me, Ms. Celebrity of the Homepage taken about 2 or 3 years ago--pre-long and permed hair. I'm the one bent over pretending to help the poor girl at the gosh awful cluttered table. (Yes. Apparently we ARE academic slobs.) Took me forever to realize that that was ME on the homepage. lol (Thankfully it's one of three or four rotating shots from throughout the library.)


But, my friends, that is pretty much what I'm looking at right this moment...well, save for the fact that there aren't any patrons--staged or otherwise. Our one big moment of excitement (our being me and my student assistant) was when a couple came in "just looking" and walked around the reading room looking at maps, brochures and the like as though they were the most fascinating things these folks had ever saw. They were, of course, just killing time until the big game. (State vs. Alabama. We're sooooo gonna get slaughtered.) Those folks probably left my dept. with the ONLY good thing they'll see today. lol

Yes, I'm babbling. Hazards of sheer, complete boredom, let me tell you. I'm guessing you can tell by now that unless something utterly unexpected happens between now and Monday (like say Keith Urban waltzes in and invites me out to lunch and a weekend of indescribable ecstasy) there won't be a weekend review. hehehehe It would no doubt read something like this:

Friday night watched Ghost Whisperer, ate frozen pizza went to bed.

Saturday went to work, wrote in blog, went home, read and went to bed.

Sunday went to church, ate lunch with the 'rents, read, went to bed.

Fun, eh? Doncha want to swap lives? Just kidding. It ain't so bad. But, now that I've rambled embarrassingly, I'll let you return to your regularly scheduled lives.

30 minutes and counting...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your great Jana!!
Heather said…
LOL - if it makes you feel better, my team blew a chance for the Big Ten title for the second year running. Even worse, they lost to Latesha's team. WAHHHHH!

Other than that...did laundry, worked on Christmas cards, did some counted cross-stitch, took a nap (which did NOT improve the headache), went to Bron's chat.

Yes, my life is almost as exciting as yours! ,-D
Jana said…
*blushing* Thanks, Kate. I think the same of you. :-)

Heather~LOL Well, we're just a couple of peas in a pod, aren't we? ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today