Zoinks!
Note to self: Muttering incoherently to yourself while a patron is present...Not. Cool. *rolls eyes at self*
I have this terrible aweful and somewhat humiliating habit of talking to myself. Well, not so much talking as it is muttering to myself. Walking down the sidewalk muttering to myself about how I wished I hadn't worn these shoes/pants/gloves/etc...muttering in the car about how much an idiot I am to have forgotten to bring my lunch to work...muttering in the hallway about so and so's hair/clothes/annoying voice/etc...Well, you get the idea. I mutter a bunch of thoughts that likely should stay in my head. Most of the time I don't know I'm doing it unless, like just now, a patron overhears me. *slaps forehead*
Yep. I got busted muttering incoherently about whether or not I should pull some materials myself or ask a student worker to do it. I even muttered my decision to do it myself since the student was busy with the copy machine aka bain of his existance. The patron, a young freshfaced bookworm type (a younger male me), blinked at me and furrowed his eyes like he was trying to decide whether or not I expected him to participate in this little argument I was having with myself.
I am proud of myself...I didn't blush. Likely because I was still muttering my debate and didn't realize he was eavesdropping until after I was walking out of the room.
I could annalyze these little coversations I have with myself for days. But the truth is, sometimes I just need to verbalize a thought to make it make sense to me. Make sense? And sometimes I just like to hear myself talk. ;-) I've also discovered that it's a family trait as my mother and at least one sister do the same thing. I've caught them. hehehe
I have this terrible aweful and somewhat humiliating habit of talking to myself. Well, not so much talking as it is muttering to myself. Walking down the sidewalk muttering to myself about how I wished I hadn't worn these shoes/pants/gloves/etc...muttering in the car about how much an idiot I am to have forgotten to bring my lunch to work...muttering in the hallway about so and so's hair/clothes/annoying voice/etc...Well, you get the idea. I mutter a bunch of thoughts that likely should stay in my head. Most of the time I don't know I'm doing it unless, like just now, a patron overhears me. *slaps forehead*
Yep. I got busted muttering incoherently about whether or not I should pull some materials myself or ask a student worker to do it. I even muttered my decision to do it myself since the student was busy with the copy machine aka bain of his existance. The patron, a young freshfaced bookworm type (a younger male me), blinked at me and furrowed his eyes like he was trying to decide whether or not I expected him to participate in this little argument I was having with myself.
I am proud of myself...I didn't blush. Likely because I was still muttering my debate and didn't realize he was eavesdropping until after I was walking out of the room.
I could annalyze these little coversations I have with myself for days. But the truth is, sometimes I just need to verbalize a thought to make it make sense to me. Make sense? And sometimes I just like to hear myself talk. ;-) I've also discovered that it's a family trait as my mother and at least one sister do the same thing. I've caught them. hehehe
Comments
Next time you see that patron, plop yourself down at his table and say, "So myself and I were having this disagreement and we were wondering if you could say which of us were right." Then smile and bat your eyelshes at him. If he smiles, you're in. If he hasyily runs in the other direction, well...he obviously has issues. :-D
And if it makes you feel better, I often find myself singing along to the music played in stores. Not real loud, mind you, but enough so that it can be embarassing if someone actually notices.