15 Friggen Things About Little Ol' Me.

Yeah, so I'm not so little and I'm not so old. hehehe Either way, I've been TAGGED! Thanks Heather ! Now, I've got to dream up 15 things about me that won't put you to sleep. Unless...Anybody need a non chemical sleep aid?? Anyone? Step right up!

Ahem...where was I? Oh yes. 15 things about me.

1.) I am and forever will be a nerd. Have been since the first time a classmate found out that I read for (brace yourself) FUN!! Ack! lol

2.)My nickname in elementary school was Miss Piggy, assigned to me in the 3rd grade by a boy who sucked his thumb up until we were in the 5th grade. No lie. It was a darn good thing he and I were such good friends or I woulda sat on him!

3.) My first kiss resulted in a boy getting paddled at school. He was ugly. I was shy. He kissed me without my consent. Ergo, the teacher cracked his butt with the paddle. hehehe Of course, that could have been what sealed my fate as being "undate-able" throughout high school. :-/

4.) I am the youngest of three daughters and am commonly referred to as "the baby" even though no one treats me like one. I thought "the baby" was supposed to be spoiled. *pout*

5.) I have 9 aunts and uncles, (eight on my mom's side) the youngest of which is a year and three months *younger* than my oldest sister who is 5 years older than me. I also have a great-aunt on my dad's side who is 2 years younger than my dad. His only first cousin is six years younger than me.

6.) I have never had a steady boyfriend or long term relationship. Actually, I've never had a short term relationship either. I've had longer more fulfilling relationships with a slice of pizza than any guy. Oh, and so no, I'm not married. Don't really have the desire to fall into that particular trap either. Especially now that Keith Urban is supposedly engaged to Nicole Kidman. *sniff sniff*

*snicker*

7.) I am, however, a mother. So what if my "daughter" is a four-year-old half Black Lab, half Sharpe named Izzy? And so what if she has paws instead of hands and feet and has a tendency to try and knock me down with them when I'm not paying attention? She gives as good hugs and kisses as any kid without all the whining and fussing.

8.)Which brings me to my niece, the incomparable Miss Emmy who is six (oops, I almost said five. she'd kill me.) She's the light of my life and a joy I never imagined. Despite the whining, the fussing and the constant need to be center of attention. AND she lives an hour and a half away from me so I get to spoil her rotten and then send her home. hehehe

9.) I have a BA in communication with an emphasis in broadcasting. I spent four years learning to be both in front of and behind a camera and have never worked in either place a day of my life. Instead I work in a university library and spend my days assisting researchers and sorting through the stuff most people put in their attics and forget about. This, however, is just the sort of thing researchers and archivists view as treasures. So I enjoy (read: snore through) the task of sorting, preserving and filing these collections so that researchers can come and spend days and weeks at a time combing through them.

10.) I was born again and baptized when I was 12-years-old and my crush (and by crush I mean, the boy I loved with all my soul from the time I was 5 who merely sneered at me) was baptized the same night I was. Ironically, the boy who was crushing on me who I sneered at was baptized the same night as well. Who knew that a baptism could be such a little soap opera?

11.) When I was little, I used to insist to my parents that I was not their child. My real mother was Ann Murray (a country music artist) and I had somehow gotten separated from her and my parents adopted me. My parents and sisters, of course, found this wildly funny. I did not. ;)

12.) I began singing solos in church when I was 12 though I'd been singing duets with my sister since I was old enough to stand and hold a mike. The first solo I sang was the song "Rise Again" at a homecoming service in front of a large audience. Prior to my sister's wedding back in June, though, I hadn't sang a public solo in three years. Surprisingly enough, I sing duets with Keith Urban all the time though those are not in a public forum. And err...he's not actually AWARE of my singing with him. lol

13.) And continuing the theme of singing, I sang at both of my sisters' weddings. Sis1 got married in '96 when I was a senior in high school and I sang Celine Dion's "Because You Loved Me" which, btw, is NOT the easiest song in the world to sing and I only just barely pulled it off. Sis2, as mentioned above, married in June and I sang Darla Day's (a Christian singer I'd never heard of before) "Love of My Life" which was also an incredibly difficult song that took me three months to master and sing passably well. I have decided that both sisters hate me. lol

14.) I am a former Barbie collector. From the time I was five, I've collected Barbies. At last count I had nearly 110. I stopped collecting about four years ago though when I moved into my current home and discovered that if I didn't stop collecting them I'd eventually have no where to sleep. This issue hasn't, however, stopped my illicit hoarding of books.

15.) I have never been further north than Tennessee and never further east than Alabama and have never so much as stepped foot west of the Mississippi though in my dreams I've toured Italy, stayed in a villa in Greece, herded sheep in Ireland and stood high on the cliffs of Scotland. The one thing I have done, is go to the very edge of Mississippi and dipped my feet in the Gulf Coast waters.

There. I feel as though I've pulled some teeth but there 15 facts about me. I'll pass on tagging anyone this go 'round cuz, well, I'm too lazy to track anyone down.

Oh, and just in case anyone was wondering...I HAD cut my heater off yesterday morning. All that worrying for nothing. lol

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'll take it. Thanks for your support. I'm beyond fed up and as soon as I find a new job I AM OUT OF HERE!!! Just thought I'd get that out of the way. LOL!

I'll do the 15 things about me sometime today...if we slow down enough for me to do so. :) Have a nice day!
April said…
Jana- I'm going to do the 15 things too :-)

Also glad you had your heater off!!! :-)
Jana said…
Oh Yay! Ya'll are too awsome. :-)

Kaitlin~I'll be praying for you a new and MUCH BETTER job.

April~Me too, girl. Meeeee, too. Saves a bundle on the cost of propane. lol
Heather said…
That wasn't so hard now, was it? And you even have volunteers to do it as well! Glad your heater wasn't left on all day!
Jana said…
Heather~Nah, it wasn't hard. Had a fun moment or two. Just couldn't figure out what was "need to know" and what was "TMI". hehe And yeah, my volunteers are great, aren't they?

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today