Crazy Wildness of a Tuesday Afternoon

Standing in line at the post office is tiring. It's almost as tiring as sitting in a doctor's office and yeah, it's possible to spend as much at the post office as it is the doctor's. lol

I took off work a couple or three hours early yesterday for just that, though. Going to the post office is a chore I normally despise and this time of year? Fuggetaboutit. I'd heard horror stories of lines that extended outside so I braced myself, gave myself plenty of time and plunged ahead. It sucks having your best friend live out of state. Plus, I had some prize goodies that I should have sent a looooong time ago. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gone. Wasn't too terribly bad though, when I got there. There was only one window open but there were only like three folks ahead of me so the wait in line wasn't all that long.

Once at the window was a slightly different story. For one thing, the postal worker I dealt with looked and moved as though she were going to just drop right where she was and sleep for a year. Apparently those stories about long lines has been true for the past couple of weeks or so cuz she looked exhausted. Barely moved to weigh and prepair my packages. And then there was the customs forms I had to fill out to send some stuff to Canada. I'd never mailed anything to Canada. That was an entirely new experience for me...as was the EXPENSE of shipping to Canada. lol It was worth it though cuz I love the person I sent the stuff too. Then there was the "choosing of the stamps" which took a minute or two. They were all out of Christmas stamps (boo) so she showed me several alternatives. I really wanted the Muppet ones but they only came 11 to a pack and well, I needed a couple of BOOKS of stamps and couldn't see me buying four or five of those 11 to a pack. Who would need just 11 stamps anyway?

I was about to settle for just some plain Jane florals when she whipped out the Disney stamps. :-) I do so love me some Disney. AND she complimented me on my "big pretty smile" when I got all excited so that made my day, too. hehe

Then it was off to Wal-Mart. I was SUPPOSED to only get dogfood, pic up my pictures and get an ink cartridge for my printer. I messed up though and decided to do some looking. Always gets me in trouble, that. I ended up doing some more Christmas shopping. Found the perfect addition to my gift for Emmy. I'd been wraking my brain as to what to get her and asked God for a little inspiration and just so you know, He does answer the "little" prayers. :-) Just after I said that little prayer, I found it. A fuzzy, pink, butterfly laiden Barbie stool that matched the butterfly shaped Barbie lights I had bought her previously. And I just happen to know from the letter that she wrote Santa that she wanted a stool to go in her room. I was (and am) thrilled.

I also picked up some "happies" for the gals at work and got started on the goody basket I'm putting together for the gift round robin at my mom's folk's Christmas gathering New Year's Eve Eve. I'm putting together a "Winter's Night Warming Kit" complete with homemade afghan, a box of hot chocolate, bag of marshmallows, two new mugs and possibly some candy and a book or something. I'm also considering including some of those fuzzy slipper socks. I got the mugs, chocolate and marshmallows yesterday. Now I just need to finish the afghan, get the basket and finish out the rest of the goodies.

AND I got the stuff to make the goodie bags for the rest of the folks at work. I'm baking the onl two things I'm fairly good at baking--sausage balls and chocolate chip cookies. I figure everyone loves to eat, right? Just got to get some festive bags to put them in. Wal-Mart only had the really expensive bags. I need to make a trip to the dollar store. ;-)

Now, I've just got two Christmas prezzies left to buy--Sis1's and her hubby, the pilot. Have an idea of what I want to get Sis1 but need to get to Tupelo to the mall to get it. BIL...well, he's another story. I haven't the slightest idea what to get him. He's a hard one to buy for cuz he HAS everything and what he doesn't have is too expensive for my meager budget. I'm considering getting him a book or something like that. He does like to read. I just don't have much of an idea WHAT he likes to read. Sis1 doesn't even know. *rolls eyes*

I picked up some pictures I'd dropped off last week, too. I tried out the new disk album thing that Wal-Mart photoprocessing offers so I've got them all digitally stored. :-) I'll come back later today and leave some pictures. There are a couple of Emmy that are just precious. None of me though, thank God. hehehehe

Last night, after I got home and ate supper (an omlette...yum) I got in the Christmas spirit and danced with Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You." Gosh, I love that song. It really gets my feet to moving. My knees are griping at me this morning though. I don't care. It was fun and I felt great. :)

Two days and 6.5 work hours to go till I'm off for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!!! Weeeeee!

Comments

Heather said…
Glad you found just what you didn't know you were looking for for Emmy. Hehe. You're Winter Warming kit sounds awesome - and I can assure you those knitted slipper-socks at Wal-Mart are quite cozy. Brought a pair in to work with me today so my boots weren't dripping slush all over. More than inch of snow here already, and 5-6 expected by end of the day. Let is snow let it snow let it snow!

Love the Mariah Carey song, too but *gasp* I didn't think you owned anything but country! ;-D
Jana said…
LOL Heather! You'd be surprised at my CD collection. I do have several of Mariah's (though none of her newest) I even have a Ricky Martin CD! =:-O

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today