Losing My Mind and 10 Other Gripes For the Day
I'm losing my friggen mind. *sigh* I can't remember whether or not I turned off my propane space heater before I left for work this morning. I was sitting here at my desk, minding my own business (if you can call bloghopping minding my own business) when all of a sudden a ding went off in my head and suddenly I'm seized with a worry that I forgot to turn off the heater. It's probably not such a big deal if I didn't except that it'll use more of my precious (and wildly expensive) propane than I had planned on using. But it's a relatively safe heater. I don't think (or I pray, at least) it will decide to get homicidal and set my home on fire in my absence. That's IF I even left it on this morning. I probably did turn it off. It's second nature/habit to do so as I'm walking down the hall and out of the door. In fact, I'm almost certain I turned it off. Almost.
*sigh*
Meanwhile, blogger has gone NUTS!! It just tried to publish this post without so much as by-your-leave or click from me! And it didn't even bother to save any of the changes I'd made to the title! Dumb thing. lol
So anyway, what's UP with folks getting so busy they can't stop to blog anymore? lol Okay, okay, so the whole world doesn't revolve around me and blog reading needs. Dangit. But come on, I've got a handful of friends whose blogs I read and only two of them have updated their blogs since the weekend. Yeah, yeah. You've got kids. Or dogs. Or responsibities or whatever it is people with lives have that I don't. Whatever. hehehehe
It's not just in blogdome, either. It's everywhere. The message boards I frequent are like desert wastelands. I haven't gotten a chatty email from either of my sisters in DAYS. And I haven't gotten a call from either of them either. Even my best friend hasn't called me since before Thanksgiving.
And no. I haven't called them either. I figure if they're too busy to call/email/message me then they're too busy to accept MY call. Logical, right? hehehehe
What is it about this time of year that makes everyone run around like chickens with their heads cut off? (Yeah. Lovely image for a Wednesday morning, huh?) Shopping, baking and card writing can only be done for so many hours of the day. But it's an every year thing. The time when we all wish each other peace on earth and good will toward men usually becomes the time of year when it's least peaceful than the good will is few and far between because by gosh that all important toy MUST be bought and other shoppers with desperate kids be hanged, right? (Ever seen the movie Jingle All the Way? Totally stupid movie but not terribly far from the truth in its premise.)
So another gripe I have is...Ugh! Whatever this thing is that's lurking at the back of my throat. I fear (rightfully so) that is a dang cold sitting on its haunches waiting to pounce when I least expect it or can afford the time off to recoup. And who wants to be sick with a cold on their two week vacation? Not I, said the duck with the thing lurking at the back of her throat. I am, however, next in line to receive the vile cold virus. Everyone around me has suffered with it a couple of times already. I've been blessed to hold it at bay this long. Good thing is though, I've already got some Nyquil at hand just waiting to do battle. hehehe
Traffic today wasn't so bad. It helps that I actually left the house on time this morning and thus missed all the work rush traffic that I ran into yesterday. Ah, the brilliance of a pj'd trip to the car 20 minutes earlier to melt off all the ice. Why couldn't I have rented a house with a friggen garage, I ask you? Well, besides the whole cheap rent factor... People with garages and carports (that can actually fit their cars) are so smug, too, with their completely clear windsheilds and their unfrosted cars. My car snarls at me when we pass them. It isn't my fault that Jack Frost spit on the world last night. I'm just a poor working shmoe who isn't of the privaleged carport/garage variety.
Oh, and Daisy Does America on TBS?? Yuck. I made it through approxamately 10 minutes of it last night before it had me groaning at the absurdity of it. Yeah, the previews tipped me off a little but I was willing to be open minded and give it a go. It had interesting possibilties. Apparently I'm not as willing to open my mind that much. So instead I flipped over to an episode of SVU. It really didn't leave me with the warm and fuzzies either because it only served to remind me of how terribly parents screw up their children at times.
I did do a little more crocheting last night though. Yeah. I played granny. lol It's an afghan I started when I found out my cousin's wife was preggers and they thought she was having a girl. Then she up and had a boy. Didn't feel so bad about not finishing it then. Now I'm determined to finish it anyhow just because. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it once it's done. Put it up and save it for the next female born into our family? Or sell it. I need the money but can I part with it when it was orginally made with love for another baby? It also occured to me to put it in a hopechest for a child of my own and then I remembered that I'm not likely to have children because A) I'm not likely to take a husband B) I'm not of a mind to screw around and get knocked up withOUT a husband and C) I've a terrible aversion to pain.
On that note, I think I'll sign off so I can finish worrying about the whole heater situation.
*sigh*
Meanwhile, blogger has gone NUTS!! It just tried to publish this post without so much as by-your-leave or click from me! And it didn't even bother to save any of the changes I'd made to the title! Dumb thing. lol
So anyway, what's UP with folks getting so busy they can't stop to blog anymore? lol Okay, okay, so the whole world doesn't revolve around me and blog reading needs. Dangit. But come on, I've got a handful of friends whose blogs I read and only two of them have updated their blogs since the weekend. Yeah, yeah. You've got kids. Or dogs. Or responsibities or whatever it is people with lives have that I don't. Whatever. hehehehe
It's not just in blogdome, either. It's everywhere. The message boards I frequent are like desert wastelands. I haven't gotten a chatty email from either of my sisters in DAYS. And I haven't gotten a call from either of them either. Even my best friend hasn't called me since before Thanksgiving.
And no. I haven't called them either. I figure if they're too busy to call/email/message me then they're too busy to accept MY call. Logical, right? hehehehe
What is it about this time of year that makes everyone run around like chickens with their heads cut off? (Yeah. Lovely image for a Wednesday morning, huh?) Shopping, baking and card writing can only be done for so many hours of the day. But it's an every year thing. The time when we all wish each other peace on earth and good will toward men usually becomes the time of year when it's least peaceful than the good will is few and far between because by gosh that all important toy MUST be bought and other shoppers with desperate kids be hanged, right? (Ever seen the movie Jingle All the Way? Totally stupid movie but not terribly far from the truth in its premise.)
So another gripe I have is...Ugh! Whatever this thing is that's lurking at the back of my throat. I fear (rightfully so) that is a dang cold sitting on its haunches waiting to pounce when I least expect it or can afford the time off to recoup. And who wants to be sick with a cold on their two week vacation? Not I, said the duck with the thing lurking at the back of her throat. I am, however, next in line to receive the vile cold virus. Everyone around me has suffered with it a couple of times already. I've been blessed to hold it at bay this long. Good thing is though, I've already got some Nyquil at hand just waiting to do battle. hehehe
Traffic today wasn't so bad. It helps that I actually left the house on time this morning and thus missed all the work rush traffic that I ran into yesterday. Ah, the brilliance of a pj'd trip to the car 20 minutes earlier to melt off all the ice. Why couldn't I have rented a house with a friggen garage, I ask you? Well, besides the whole cheap rent factor... People with garages and carports (that can actually fit their cars) are so smug, too, with their completely clear windsheilds and their unfrosted cars. My car snarls at me when we pass them. It isn't my fault that Jack Frost spit on the world last night. I'm just a poor working shmoe who isn't of the privaleged carport/garage variety.
Oh, and Daisy Does America on TBS?? Yuck. I made it through approxamately 10 minutes of it last night before it had me groaning at the absurdity of it. Yeah, the previews tipped me off a little but I was willing to be open minded and give it a go. It had interesting possibilties. Apparently I'm not as willing to open my mind that much. So instead I flipped over to an episode of SVU. It really didn't leave me with the warm and fuzzies either because it only served to remind me of how terribly parents screw up their children at times.
I did do a little more crocheting last night though. Yeah. I played granny. lol It's an afghan I started when I found out my cousin's wife was preggers and they thought she was having a girl. Then she up and had a boy. Didn't feel so bad about not finishing it then. Now I'm determined to finish it anyhow just because. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it once it's done. Put it up and save it for the next female born into our family? Or sell it. I need the money but can I part with it when it was orginally made with love for another baby? It also occured to me to put it in a hopechest for a child of my own and then I remembered that I'm not likely to have children because A) I'm not likely to take a husband B) I'm not of a mind to screw around and get knocked up withOUT a husband and C) I've a terrible aversion to pain.
On that note, I think I'll sign off so I can finish worrying about the whole heater situation.
Comments
Subtle, dear, very subtle.
NOT.
I'm working on it, LOL.
You know I lubs ya! *vbg*
TAG! YOU'RE IT! 15 things about yorself, dear. If I could do it, you can too. LOL
LOL
(and yes, I meant to use bad grammar. lol)
:-D
Oh thank you oh gracious one. :-D