Scattered Thoughts

So my brain is soggy mush today. It's rained for 24 hours straight here and I've about had my fill of it. Come out sunshine, wherever you are!

My cousin, B., (Jacob's uncle) scared me to death yesterday. I was leaving work, walking out the library when all of a sudden this tall dude comes rushing out and nearly bumps me out from under my umbrella. Just when I'm getting ready to karate chop him, I look up and it's B. He didn't have his umbrella so he thought it would be cool to hog mine. lol He's so silly. (He works in the library, too. Yes. It's a family business. hehehehe Almost seriously. At one time Sis2 worked there, too as a student assistant, as did I. Now B. is following our footsteps. hehehe)

I baked cookies last night for the goodie bags I'm bringing to work tomorrow and I burned half of them. *sigh* I can't decide if I should go buy the stuff to make more or just dole out the ones that didn't burn. That would give everyone four cookies a piece. That be enough you think? I dunno.

I was going to wait until tonight to do all my baking but I got to seriously craving chocolate chip cookies so I went ahead and baked the cookies last night. Guess it serves me right, huh? I'm supposed to be RESISTING sweets...not indulging in them. I did only eat two, though. That won't bust my gut too terribly, will it? :-/

I've got to go home tonight and bake sausage balls. I love to EAT sausage balls, and they are one of the easier things to make but they're so messy. I hate getting all that sausage grease on my hands. I just hope none of them end up with any hair in them. I'm shedding like a dog in summer. *sigh*

My best friend called last night with some depressing and sad news. Her mom's cancer is back. She went into remission earlier this year but then back in October she had to have a complete mastectomy because they found some cancer in her breasts. Then yesterday she went back for a PET scant and they found that she has it in her lungs, pelvis and her brain. *sigh* This poor woman and her family have been through so much in the past 3 or 4 years. When she was first diagnosed over 3 years ago, she was told that it was in her bones and that she had maybe 6 months to a year to live. She surpassed that timeframe but then she almost died last year when her heart began to fail. Chemo is a bitch on the heart. Now this. My friend is just heartbroken, understandably. I'm heartbroken for them. This woman was like another mother to me for years. Anyway, she goes back today to see what her options are, if any. Her heart can't withstand anymore chemo so they're talking radiation, at least for the tumor on her brain. I don't know if she's even going to want to do that. She's so tired and I think she's resigned herself. Guess it goes without saying that I'm in constant prayer for her/them.

In other news related to this same friend, she just discovered that her arch-rival in high school has just been transferred to the same base as her husband, W. This arch-rival was a total skank in high school. Stole TWO of bf's boyfriends so understandably, she's nervous/freaked out with W. working with this girl now. The girl is married now, too, but she's such a skank it wouldn't surprise me if she went for W. just to spite bf.

My hair looks like crap today. I decided I was going to try and be cute and use the curling iron on it like my stylist showed me. Does it look like it did when the stylist did it? Not so much. A little on the frizzy side. But, with all the curls from the perm straightened out, I have a better idea of how looooong my hair has gotten. I haven't had hair this long since I was 17. Yikes! lol

I have one day and six hours until I am homefree for two weeks! So far at least half of that time is taken up with various family related issues and stuff. Going to Tupelo to finish Christmas shopping Monday, taking Mama to the eye doctor and then to the salon, Tuesday. Saturday, Sunday and most of the next Monday will be at my folks house. That Tuesday, Sis1 will be with me. The next Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be at the folks house as well.

There is a really cute guy doing research downstairs. He's in Ms. B's area so she gets to look at him all day. Not. Fair. She's married. I need eyecandy more than she does.

Alias rocked last night. Vaughn was back (via Sydney's hallucinations) and yummy as ever. Plus, there was a total "What the heck?!?!" moment when they revealed who had kidnapped Sydney. I just don't want to believe it. Say it ain't so! But that's it for Alias until March. *groan* Then after March, that's it forever except for the endless re-runs. *sob*

So my co-worker Bren is having to actually *gasp* werk! She never has had to do the actual manual labor parts of this job. She's always either gotten me or a student worker to do her share. The past couple of days though her supervisor's been cracking the whip. It's great! lol I love Bren and I understand that she has limited physical capabilities due to weight issues that complicate joint/movement but I think this working will do her wonders. It might even help some with her weight issues.

That's one thing I've always been proud of myself for. I've never used my size as a handicap. I'm a big girl but that doesn't mean I'm lazy. I can do whatever kind of walking, lifting, etc. that anyone else can do and if I'm asked to put in a day's worth of cleaning/moving/etc. I do it.

I heard on the news this morning that some bigshot scientist dude said that this is the warmest winter the world has ever had. Firstly, how old IS this scientist and secondly I'm suddenly having visions of every doomsday movie I've ever seen in which the world's weather pattern is screwed up and alters the course of humanity forever. (ie. Day After Tomorrow anyone?)

My mother got a nice healthy raise in her job. I'm so thrilled for her. She has worked so hard all these years and has always gotten screwed over because she isn't on the "it list" or in the "in crowd" and doesn't have three degrees hanging on her wall. Well, God finally got the better of the folks holding her back and He rewarded her greatly for her patience and good work ethic. Wanna know the first thing I asked her? hehehehe "Does this mean I get bigger Christmas presents?" Yes. I'm a selfish girl. lol

I'm thinking of changing my name to Crankypants because I just feel so cranky and put out these days. Don't let my silly demeanor fool you. Lurking beneath is a very angsty fed up girl who would love nothing more than to just tell the world to take a flying leap.

I'm two dollars short on this month's paychecks cuz dental insurance went up. Ack!

The world is out to sabotage my dieting efforts. *sigh* I just got handed two gifts from co-workers. One is a jar of strawberry pepper jelly and the other is a container chock full with candy. *groan* It's sooooo not fair. I'm such a candyaholic.

My grandparents have been in Nashville this week and I'm sooooooo jealous. My aunt and uncle took them as their Christmas present. I wish my aunt and uncle love ME that much. I want to go back to Nashville soooo bad. But I know my granddad, at least, is having the time of his life. He's a huge country music fan like me though he is more enriched in the history.

Well, I've rambled enough. I've got miles to go before I rest so I'd best crack the proverbial whip on myself and get some work done. Yes. I do actually work. Sometimes. ;-)


One more thing before I go, though...Spell check on blogger is a steaming pile o' crap. lol Just thought I'd get that out there.

Comments

Heather said…
I heard on the news this morning that some bigshot scientist dude said that this is the warmest winter the world has ever had.

Are you kidding me? He obviously hasn't been to Wisconsin in the past month, where we've been experiencing below normal temps. Not to mention all that freakin' snow! (Official snow total yesterday: 3.7 inches, but swear it looks more than 4.)

((((HUGS)))) to your friend and her Mom. I hope things work out for the best there, even if it means the end of her suffering. I know how difficult it is to let go of a loved one, but it's even harder watching them suffer.

And snap out of the crankiness, Miss Scrooge! Afterall, you get two whole weeks of vacation! I haven't had a vacation in...at least three years. I am soooo overdue!
Jana said…
I think I'm just tired. Everyone at work is getting on my nerves and I just soooo need some time away from them. Love 'em to death but oy! They get on my nerves sometimes.

Thanks for the hugs, too. My friend pretty much said the same thing you did. She loves her mother but she just can't stand all the pain and suffering her mom has gone through.

And you know, actually, in MS it has been rather warm. (warmer than normal, anyway) But then we don't have a regular winter climate anyway. It fluctuates from year to year.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today