Knee Update
So yesterday was my check up with the doctor concerning my knee. Apparently doctors don't really tell you what's best for you anymore. They just say, here's the two options. Take your pick.
Deciding my fate where my hair is concerned? Sure. Figuring out whether I want to buy a new dress for Easter? Sure. I'll decide that.
Deciding whether or not I want to be sliced and diced? Not so much. I'd rather someone ELSE decide that for me. You know, tell me my knee cap is gonna slide into my calf if I don't get the surgery. Tell me all the gruesome things that'll happen. But don't say, "It's up to you." If it were really up to me I'd have never slipped on the dang kitchen rug to start with!
But yeah. He says to me, "Finish out physical therapy and see how you feel then. If you decide you don't need the surgery then you're good to go. If you feel like you want to go ahead and do it just give me a call. Otherwise, I'm done with you."
Almost exact words. *sigh*
Since when did I know what's best for my long term health? I'm the gal who walks outside in 33 degree temperatures with wet hair. I obviously don't have a CLUE as to what to do to stay healthy and fit.
But, I guess that simply means that I'm healing properly and doing everything I need to do to get better. Coulda been worse. I coulda limped in there instead of walking normally and he coulda took one look at me and said, "Into surgery, stat!"
Now, thirty minutes after writing that stuff up there, I just got off the phone with the physical therapist to make my next appointment and well, she said that he told them something about home therapy! WTH?!?! I may not know whether or not I want surgery but I sure as hell know I'm not ready to end therapy with trained professionals. I'm getting around rather well and all but that knee is still rather weak and it's sooooooo not what he told me yesterday. If that's the case, I'm calling him tomorrow and saying, "Set me up for surgery. If this is good as it's gonna get, screw this!"
I'm soooo pissed off right now. I know he knows what he's doing and all but still...If you asked me right this second I'd tell you I'm looking for another doctor.
Okay, I think I need to go have a good cry right about now. I'm getting that stupid helpless overwhelmed feeling again. I'm so sick of all this crap and everyone making everything so darn difficult. I can't seem to get a straight answer to save my soul...so it's a darn sure good thing my soul was saved eons ago. lol
Sorry for ending on a rant but holy sheesh!
Deciding my fate where my hair is concerned? Sure. Figuring out whether I want to buy a new dress for Easter? Sure. I'll decide that.
Deciding whether or not I want to be sliced and diced? Not so much. I'd rather someone ELSE decide that for me. You know, tell me my knee cap is gonna slide into my calf if I don't get the surgery. Tell me all the gruesome things that'll happen. But don't say, "It's up to you." If it were really up to me I'd have never slipped on the dang kitchen rug to start with!
But yeah. He says to me, "Finish out physical therapy and see how you feel then. If you decide you don't need the surgery then you're good to go. If you feel like you want to go ahead and do it just give me a call. Otherwise, I'm done with you."
Almost exact words. *sigh*
Since when did I know what's best for my long term health? I'm the gal who walks outside in 33 degree temperatures with wet hair. I obviously don't have a CLUE as to what to do to stay healthy and fit.
But, I guess that simply means that I'm healing properly and doing everything I need to do to get better. Coulda been worse. I coulda limped in there instead of walking normally and he coulda took one look at me and said, "Into surgery, stat!"
Now, thirty minutes after writing that stuff up there, I just got off the phone with the physical therapist to make my next appointment and well, she said that he told them something about home therapy! WTH?!?! I may not know whether or not I want surgery but I sure as hell know I'm not ready to end therapy with trained professionals. I'm getting around rather well and all but that knee is still rather weak and it's sooooooo not what he told me yesterday. If that's the case, I'm calling him tomorrow and saying, "Set me up for surgery. If this is good as it's gonna get, screw this!"
I'm soooo pissed off right now. I know he knows what he's doing and all but still...If you asked me right this second I'd tell you I'm looking for another doctor.
Okay, I think I need to go have a good cry right about now. I'm getting that stupid helpless overwhelmed feeling again. I'm so sick of all this crap and everyone making everything so darn difficult. I can't seem to get a straight answer to save my soul...so it's a darn sure good thing my soul was saved eons ago. lol
Sorry for ending on a rant but holy sheesh!
Comments
Sounds like you've had a rough day. Hope your evening was much better!