The Marathon of DVD's
Also known as my weekend. lol
So my supper plans with my aunt got postponed. My cousin (her daughter) decided that she wants to go with us when we go but she had already made plans . (She's young. She has a life that include plans. I'm old with no life. I rarely have advance plans. lol) So Aunt Lynn asked if we could postpone to this coming Friday night. I said cool. No problem. I was tired anyway.
I had a grueling hour and a half at physical therapy. They worked me like a mule and whipped me till I bled. LOL Nah, it wasn't that bad but I did almost cry a couple of times. And I think I totally (and cluelessly) missed out on an opportunity to flirt with the cute intern. *sigh* It wasn't till after I'd gotten home that I realized he was trying to start a conversation with me when he was setting me up on the bike. At the time, though, I was mentally cringing at the thought of the painful experience I was about to be thrust into. lol He was probably just being nice though, so it likely wasn't an opportunity lost. If it was, rack another mark up against me in the "flirting with guys" department. Cuz yeah. I suck at it. *shrugs*
So I was bascially a limp noodle by the time I got home. But guess what. I graduated into sitting in the front seat of the car instead of sliding in the back lengthwise! Weeeee! LOL That means I'm progressing some in that I can slightly voluntarily bend my knee without a) vast amounts of pain and b) inducing any sweat. So I rode home in the front seat. Front seat today...tomorrow...Driving? (please, oh, please, oh please.)
Spent Friday night at home alone. Watched the first half of Ghost Whisperer but missed the good stuff cuz a friend called and she was in a chatty mood. She, apparently, doesn't watch Ghost Whisperer. And me, well, I'd set the timer to tape it when I thought I was going to go out and so I'm chatting up a storm thinking I can go back and watch the rest of it. Well, I'm apparently an idiot cuz I set the timer to tape channel 5 instead of 4...which means I got two hours of TBN instead of Ghost Whisperer and Close to Home. *sigh* Reruns, maybe?
Saturday I got up super early (well, 6:30am...early for a Saturday, anyway.) and Mama came and picked me up to go grocery shopping. First time I'd been in any store in a month. For real. We went early though, so as to miss the crowd. I actually got all my shopping done in like an hour or so. It was painful and tiring but by golly I got food! lol Mama, God love her, had been buying me some food items and well, she just doesn't seem to know what I like to eat. She bought me hot pockets...and not even the tolerable pepperoni ones. She got chicken fajitas and Philly steak and cheese both of which induce much gagging from me. lol But, I gotta love her for trying.
So, shopping out of the way, I went home, got back into my jammies, iced my knee and watched Food Network for three straight hours. lol (Yes, I'm a Food Network Junkie. Loves me some Dave Lieberman.) The rest of the day and night was spent in a DVD marathon that included a round with a banana split (sugar free ice-cream, light whipped cream and choc. syrup so don't spaz out in case you're counting my healthy eating meter. hehehe). It was yummy. Re-watched The Villiage and divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood before crashing at 9:30. Sunday was much of the same. Re-watched In Her Shoes (again), Signs and The Notebook. Read some more of the book I'm currently reading. (Can't remember the name but it's good, so far.) Mama called twice to check up on me and Sis1 called once for the same reason. Well, that, and she wants a birthday list which I don't really have.
I think I'm going to tell everyone to just give me money cuz I'm starting a moving fund. I want to move to a better house. Mine is driving me crazy. Well, the house and my landlord's penchant to never actually FIX anything. He patches stuff instead of replacing or fully repairing. Well, I take that back. He did actually replace my dehumidifier but only because it would cost more to service the old one than to replace it with a new one. And he even let me pick it out so now I have a slightly more compact one that is energy efficient. Yay me. But the rest of the stuff? Patched. Not fixed. Which means I have to take personal leave every couple of weeks to wait for "repairmen" to come patch numerous things. Maybe I should deduct from my rent the amount of money I'd lose if I didn't have such great benefits that allowed me to take off to wait for repairmen. And, well, it does eat into my personal leave which I'd much rather save and use for vacation when it's convenient for me.
But, alas, I don't see a move to a better house anywhere in the near future. Doctor bills are arriving daily and while my insurance is fairly good I hadn't yet met my deductible so I'm going to have to pay that plus everything else insurance doesn't pay. *sigh* And if surgery is in my future I'll have hospital bills to add to that. Depressing, ain't it? Maybe I should just put all my stuff in storage and move back in with my folks for a while...Nah. I'm not that desperate yet. hehehehe
But back to my weekend. Last night I gave in and watched a solid hour of the Oscars and then muted it and half-heartedly watched it for another half hour. I got bored with it because I hadn't seen any of the movies nominated. How come none of the good romantic comedies that I watch never get nominated? Why is it always "political" type films or "epics" and "artsy" films that get all the Oscar buzz? What's wrong with the good old fashioned romantic comedy? They entertain the masses, too and it takes a great deal of talent to pull off some of the laughs in them. It ain't fair, I tell you. It ain't.
After I gave up on the Oscars, I listened to my new favorite CD some more (Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway. A great CD, btw.) and succumbed to the call of my bed by 9pm, lazy bum that I am.
And that, my friends, was my lazy weekend.
So my supper plans with my aunt got postponed. My cousin (her daughter) decided that she wants to go with us when we go but she had already made plans . (She's young. She has a life that include plans. I'm old with no life. I rarely have advance plans. lol) So Aunt Lynn asked if we could postpone to this coming Friday night. I said cool. No problem. I was tired anyway.
I had a grueling hour and a half at physical therapy. They worked me like a mule and whipped me till I bled. LOL Nah, it wasn't that bad but I did almost cry a couple of times. And I think I totally (and cluelessly) missed out on an opportunity to flirt with the cute intern. *sigh* It wasn't till after I'd gotten home that I realized he was trying to start a conversation with me when he was setting me up on the bike. At the time, though, I was mentally cringing at the thought of the painful experience I was about to be thrust into. lol He was probably just being nice though, so it likely wasn't an opportunity lost. If it was, rack another mark up against me in the "flirting with guys" department. Cuz yeah. I suck at it. *shrugs*
So I was bascially a limp noodle by the time I got home. But guess what. I graduated into sitting in the front seat of the car instead of sliding in the back lengthwise! Weeeee! LOL That means I'm progressing some in that I can slightly voluntarily bend my knee without a) vast amounts of pain and b) inducing any sweat. So I rode home in the front seat. Front seat today...tomorrow...Driving? (please, oh, please, oh please.)
Spent Friday night at home alone. Watched the first half of Ghost Whisperer but missed the good stuff cuz a friend called and she was in a chatty mood. She, apparently, doesn't watch Ghost Whisperer. And me, well, I'd set the timer to tape it when I thought I was going to go out and so I'm chatting up a storm thinking I can go back and watch the rest of it. Well, I'm apparently an idiot cuz I set the timer to tape channel 5 instead of 4...which means I got two hours of TBN instead of Ghost Whisperer and Close to Home. *sigh* Reruns, maybe?
Saturday I got up super early (well, 6:30am...early for a Saturday, anyway.) and Mama came and picked me up to go grocery shopping. First time I'd been in any store in a month. For real. We went early though, so as to miss the crowd. I actually got all my shopping done in like an hour or so. It was painful and tiring but by golly I got food! lol Mama, God love her, had been buying me some food items and well, she just doesn't seem to know what I like to eat. She bought me hot pockets...and not even the tolerable pepperoni ones. She got chicken fajitas and Philly steak and cheese both of which induce much gagging from me. lol But, I gotta love her for trying.
So, shopping out of the way, I went home, got back into my jammies, iced my knee and watched Food Network for three straight hours. lol (Yes, I'm a Food Network Junkie. Loves me some Dave Lieberman.) The rest of the day and night was spent in a DVD marathon that included a round with a banana split (sugar free ice-cream, light whipped cream and choc. syrup so don't spaz out in case you're counting my healthy eating meter. hehehe). It was yummy. Re-watched The Villiage and divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood before crashing at 9:30. Sunday was much of the same. Re-watched In Her Shoes (again), Signs and The Notebook. Read some more of the book I'm currently reading. (Can't remember the name but it's good, so far.) Mama called twice to check up on me and Sis1 called once for the same reason. Well, that, and she wants a birthday list which I don't really have.
I think I'm going to tell everyone to just give me money cuz I'm starting a moving fund. I want to move to a better house. Mine is driving me crazy. Well, the house and my landlord's penchant to never actually FIX anything. He patches stuff instead of replacing or fully repairing. Well, I take that back. He did actually replace my dehumidifier but only because it would cost more to service the old one than to replace it with a new one. And he even let me pick it out so now I have a slightly more compact one that is energy efficient. Yay me. But the rest of the stuff? Patched. Not fixed. Which means I have to take personal leave every couple of weeks to wait for "repairmen" to come patch numerous things. Maybe I should deduct from my rent the amount of money I'd lose if I didn't have such great benefits that allowed me to take off to wait for repairmen. And, well, it does eat into my personal leave which I'd much rather save and use for vacation when it's convenient for me.
But, alas, I don't see a move to a better house anywhere in the near future. Doctor bills are arriving daily and while my insurance is fairly good I hadn't yet met my deductible so I'm going to have to pay that plus everything else insurance doesn't pay. *sigh* And if surgery is in my future I'll have hospital bills to add to that. Depressing, ain't it? Maybe I should just put all my stuff in storage and move back in with my folks for a while...Nah. I'm not that desperate yet. hehehehe
But back to my weekend. Last night I gave in and watched a solid hour of the Oscars and then muted it and half-heartedly watched it for another half hour. I got bored with it because I hadn't seen any of the movies nominated. How come none of the good romantic comedies that I watch never get nominated? Why is it always "political" type films or "epics" and "artsy" films that get all the Oscar buzz? What's wrong with the good old fashioned romantic comedy? They entertain the masses, too and it takes a great deal of talent to pull off some of the laughs in them. It ain't fair, I tell you. It ain't.
After I gave up on the Oscars, I listened to my new favorite CD some more (Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway. A great CD, btw.) and succumbed to the call of my bed by 9pm, lazy bum that I am.
And that, my friends, was my lazy weekend.
Comments