My List

I'm in a particularly snotty mood today. Don't know why. Nothing bad's happened since I got up. I haven't had any run-in's with people I don't like. (Well, one, but she doesn't know I don't like her and probably wouldn't care if she DID know. And it wasn't so much as a run-in as it was us being in the same room and me wanting to scratch her eyes out. hehe)

But I'm a little sore at this thing we call life and all the things that go on in it. I originally made a list of grievances...things I'm unhappy with at the moment. Things that bug me and make me REALLY wish I'd just never gotten out of bed. But, after making the list, I got to thinking. All those things are just minor pittances and an outlet of negativity. What I really needed was to count my blessings. So I am. Granted, it's likely not a complete list, but it's a start. Maybe it'll boost me out of this funk I'm in. And they are, btw, in no particular order.

1. My health. Yeah, I know. I've got this bum knee that's causing me all kinds of grief. But it could have been a lot worse than it is. I don't have cancer or anything terminal like that. I WILL get better so I'm thankful for that.

2. My family. Yeah, they bug me sometimes but what's family without a little aggravation. I know that I am loved by them and that if push ever came to shove I could count on them regardless of the situation. They might grumble but they'd be there for me.

3. My home. It isn't what I dream of and sometimes I get so mad at the junk I have to put up with but it's home. I have a home to go to each night that, for the most part, is warm and cozy. It's cheap rent and it keeps the rain off my head.

4. My job. It isn't what I planned on as a youngster and I don't know that I want to be here forever but it pays me a decent paycheck each month and provides me with excellent benefits so I'm happy and thankful for it.

5. My various friends. I probably don't tell them nearly enough how awesome they are. I don't always reciprocate the awesomeness either but that doesn't mean I don't love and appreciate them.

6. My dog. She's a pain in the neck a lot of the time but she adores me and I think she's the greatest dog in the world.

7. Looking young. Yeah, this has it's pitfalls but I don't mind it terribly that people sometimes think I'm slightly dumb just because I look like I'm 15. I can also look 40 if I dress just right and display the right attitude.

8. My clunker car. It gets me where I'm going when I can drive it so who am I to complain?

9. My mother. I know she falls under the category of family but I'm especially thankful for her. She's a typical mother in a lot of nitpicky ways but she's also a wonderful creature who would likely give her life for one of her kids. I'd be lost without her.

10. But quite likely the thing I'm most thankful for is the promise from my Lord and Savior that one day all the things of this earth will fall away and I'll live forever in His glorious presence. All the things that bug me will pass away but He'll always be with me.

Comments

Heather said…
Hope Wednesday is a better day for you, Jana!

(BTW, did you see that Annalee answered your question as to whether iron workers bite? *snicker*)
Jana said…
lol Heather. I just popped over for a look. Too fun. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today