Need sleep. Can't. Hold. Head up.
I think I must be fighting the voices in my head when I sleep cuz I sure feel like I haven't slept in two days. My eyes are heavy. My limbs feel like they weigh 100lbs. each. Even coffee didn't perk me up. But then, it never does cuz, yeah. I've got caffiene instead of blood anyway. What I really need is a two month long nap. On an island. In the middle of the ocean. With no phones.
Then to top it all off, I was asking my supervisor if I can have Thursday off for my birthday and she asks me, "You're going to be 28, right?" and then didn't believe me when I said, "No. I'll be 27." Like I'm old enough to need to lie about my age. *groan*
Then my mom and sister tag emailed me harrassing me for gift ideas and Mama said she'd take me out to lunch if I picked someplace cheap. It's my birthday. Should I really be forced to eat fast food? Not that I wouldn't kill for a Big Mac right now. Or a Big Bacon Classic. Hmmm...Okay. So I'm cool with eating fast food. lol Besides, Sis1 emailed me this morning and asked me where I want to eat Friday night when she gets to town. I said Harvey's or Old Venice (two of the nicer places in town) so maybe I'll get a good meal yet.
And the whole present thing...it really bugs me when people ask me what I want. I don't know. I don't really think they sell Keith Urban clones in Wal-Mart and they haven't yet invented the instant chocolate provider machine. I like it much better when people take the time to go to a store and look for something that they think "fits" me. Like a nice piece of pottery or a pretty scarf or heck, a book. Even if it's not something that I particularly like or need, it's the fact that they put some time and thought into it. Not me giving them a list of things like CD's or DVD's or something. Besides, my last birthday all I got were DVD's and CD's. Not that I don't like them or didn't appreciate them but it's like totally impersonal unless they saw the CD or DVD and thought, "Hey! I'll bet Jana would love that!"
Never mind me today. I'm just too sleepy to be anything but grumpy. ;-)
Then to top it all off, I was asking my supervisor if I can have Thursday off for my birthday and she asks me, "You're going to be 28, right?" and then didn't believe me when I said, "No. I'll be 27." Like I'm old enough to need to lie about my age. *groan*
Then my mom and sister tag emailed me harrassing me for gift ideas and Mama said she'd take me out to lunch if I picked someplace cheap. It's my birthday. Should I really be forced to eat fast food? Not that I wouldn't kill for a Big Mac right now. Or a Big Bacon Classic. Hmmm...Okay. So I'm cool with eating fast food. lol Besides, Sis1 emailed me this morning and asked me where I want to eat Friday night when she gets to town. I said Harvey's or Old Venice (two of the nicer places in town) so maybe I'll get a good meal yet.
And the whole present thing...it really bugs me when people ask me what I want. I don't know. I don't really think they sell Keith Urban clones in Wal-Mart and they haven't yet invented the instant chocolate provider machine. I like it much better when people take the time to go to a store and look for something that they think "fits" me. Like a nice piece of pottery or a pretty scarf or heck, a book. Even if it's not something that I particularly like or need, it's the fact that they put some time and thought into it. Not me giving them a list of things like CD's or DVD's or something. Besides, my last birthday all I got were DVD's and CD's. Not that I don't like them or didn't appreciate them but it's like totally impersonal unless they saw the CD or DVD and thought, "Hey! I'll bet Jana would love that!"
Never mind me today. I'm just too sleepy to be anything but grumpy. ;-)
Comments
Oh, I hear you! I sleep horribly these days, even with a new bed. For me it's a combo of rude neighbors and never-ending construction. The work has been going on so long I hear hammers, drills and electric saws in my sleep. Not to mention inconsiderate people above me who keep waking me up two hours before my alarm goes off, and the irritating people who drive onto our street with stereos blasting so loud you can hear 'em coming a mile away. What is it with people and their complete lack of manners these days? :-\
At any rate, I hope your b-day was special!
-j
J.~The only thing I don't like about gift certificates is that usually the ones I receive are for stores I NEVER shop at. Or they're like $10 and for a store where you can't buy anything for less than $40.