Open Flies and Other Junk

Yeah. My most recent foible. *sigh*

You know that grad assistant I've been quasi-drooling over? Well, I'm still coming down from my weekend high and I shouted out a jaunty "Good Morning" to which he nearly fell out of his chair in shock. Went to the rest room and then came back through to give the other grad assistant (a female) some more blank time sheets. Had to pass right by the cutie grad assistant. Got back to my desk and sat down and...err...there's a breeze in my britches. I forgot to zip my fly! *groan*

I seriously need a keeper. *sigh*

But this weekend was pretty good. I was a little disappointed Friday night because I STILL didn't get that steak. Sis1 decided that she couldn't afford it even if I treated myself. So we went to Little Dooey's, the famous local bbq joint and had a pull pork sandwhich and onion slivers. It was good and I hadn't had Dooey's in a while so it was cool. Didn't go to the movies either, opting instead to rent a few. Which was good, because at least two of the movies I'd been dying to see, BUT...Sis1 has this talking thing in which she asks questions and chats through the movies...she doesn't do at the theater. Drove. Me. Crazy.

But we rented Walk The Line, the Johnny and June Cash story. Loved it. I just have always loved Johnny and June and well, Joquain Pheonix is like my current celebrity crush. So. Yeah. I loved this film. I personally think Joquain deserved the Oscar more than Reese, but still. It was great.

The second movie was A Perfect Man with Hillary Duff and Heather Locklear. Now, I'm not much of a Hillary Duff fan but for some reason, Sis1 is. So there ya go. It was a'ight, I suppose. Your typical tween queen quasi-romance. I was a bit to distracted by Heather Locklear's apparent collogen implants or botox or whatever the heck she'd had done. lol It actually made her look older and tired. Not pretty at all.

The third movie Skeleton Key, I actually didn't watch until last night because Sis1 chickened out on watching it. She isn't into scary movies and even though I suffered through Hillary Duff, she couldn't make it through a scary movie. Actually suited me fine though cuz I got to concentrate on it and it was just AWESOME. I highly recommend it. It isn't so much scary as it is intriguing. It's sort of more a pyschological thriller with supernatural elements, if that makes any sense. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

But yeah. Friday night turned out okay, other than my irritation with the talking through the movies.

Despite my half kidding begs to Sis1 to go to Shipley's for donuts (she had to go into town anyway), Saturday morning was spent watching CMT and eating muffins while Sis1 called everyone and their brother. lol (She, unlike me, is a phone junkie.) Then we went out to Mama and Daddy's and hung out. Sis2 and her hubby got there with Emmy around 12 or so. I think marriage has changed Sis2 in more ways than one because she's as much a talker now as Sis1 is. Needless to say, poor ol' Jana barely got a word in edgewise between the two of them and Mama. A couple of times I disappeared into the living room with Daddy and BIL2 just for some peace and quiet. lol But it was fun, I suppose.

Saturday night my grandparents and great-aunt, Grace, came over for supper and cake and stuff. Grilled hamburgers and hot dogs with chips and dip, slaw, beans and stuff. Yum-O. PLUS, mama had made a cake for BIL2 and myself (his b-day was on the 17th) and had bought me a turtle pie. Oh, and ice cream. lol I only ate a slice of turle pie, though.

Poor Emmy, bless her heart, had the toughest part of the weekend. You see, she's got this tooth that's ready to be pulled only she won't let anyone pull it and she won't pull it herself. She's scared to. But everyone kept giving her grief over it. Needling her, harrassing her and such that she would just break out into tears and sob. Nana and I had to adminster lots of hugs. I got onto the others for being such pains but, well, I get no respect so we all know how that went. I figure it's dumb to keep harrassing her about it. I mean, it's barely hanging in there as it is so it isn't like it's going to stay in there forever. It'll come out when it comes out. Nuff said. Yeah, it'd be great if she would gather some courage and pull it or let someone else pull it but she's six. Giver her a break, ya know?

But anyhow, yesterday they all went home so that was cool. I got home in plenty of time to decompress before I tore my hair out. You know, I love my family. I really do. But there's only so much of them that I can take before I want to scream bloody murder and curl up into the fetal position with my hands over my ears. lol

Finally got to go to church yesterday. Went to my parents' church because we'd spent the night there Saturday night. It was really great to be back. Had a really good sermon and got to see my best friend's mom and brother. Hadn't seen them in a while. Oh, and you know the preacher? The one who blows hot and cold all the time? (one day he knows me/hugs me/wants to eat me with a spoon, the next he doesn't even seem to see me standing right in front of him?) Well, I took the situation into my own hands and just breezed right past him. Smiled at him as I passed but thought, to heck with this crap. I really don't care anymore. I've got better things to do than hang around and wait for somone to acknowledge me, you know? I hope I wasn't rude but, at the same time, I don't really care.

Yeah, so this is just all jumbled up, but that was my weekend, folks. Warts and all. :-)

Comments

Heather said…
Sis1 has this talking thing in which she asks questions and chats through the movies...she doesn't do at the theater. Drove. Me. Crazy.

Oh, do I know that feeling! My younger sister is the same way. The worst was the first time she saw "The Shawshank Redemption." Argh! Would not shut up the entire movie. BIL says she's just as bad now as she was then. Glad it's his problem now and not mine, hehe....

I got home in plenty of time to decompress before I tore my hair out. You know, I love my family. I really do. But there's only so much of them that I can take before I want to scream bloody murder and curl up into the fetal position with my hands over my ears.

Yup, I know that feeling, too. It's great getting together with family on occasion, but there's only so much noise and people I can take without needing to escape to a quiet corner off on my own. Which isn't as easy to pull off as it was when I was younger and could just ignore the adults and other kids and curl up with a good book. Ah, those were the days, eh?

Glad you had a good weekend, even if you didn't get your steak...again. Maybe you'll just have to take yourself out for one. ;)
Danica Favorite said…
Ah, Jana, LOL @ the open fly. Isn't that always how it ends up happening?

I'm glad you had a good weekend, and can totally relate to the need to decompress. :)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today