Progress Report
Ah, it isn't a progress on my growth as a woman. Still stagnant at the "trying to grow up" part. lol Nah, this is progress report on my knee.
So yeah, yesterday was sort of a downer day for no apparent reason. Probably because there are like two or five more things added to the list of "Things Jana Doesn't Want to Deal With." That always bums me out because they're things I know I need to do and just get over with but things that I absolutely LOATH doing. I won't get into what they are because I know ya'll would be rolling your eyes at me and my silliness. Cuz they are such silly inconsequential things. I, however, just would rather look the other way and pretend that these things didn't exist.
But, wonder of wonders, physical therapy had a really positive spin on the day. I don't know why, exactly, except that for the first time since I skidded on that danged kitchen rug, I can see a little bit of the light peaking out from the end of the tunnel. It's there. I can see it. There is an end in sight to this misery and I can see a glimpse of it. Of course, depending on whether or not I have surgery it may only be a temporary end to the misery but I've decided to deal with that as it comes. Not borrowing trouble. Not today, anyway.
Yesterday's session was, perhaps, the most grueling one yet. The kid gloves came off and they ran me through the fire. (Almost literally. Their air conditioning was out and it was HOT in there. lol) I did 40 squats and then 10 minutes on the bike with the last 3 minutes finding me actually making a full backward turn of the peddles. A feat, that up until I actually did it, I didn't think would ever be possible. Did it hurt? You bet your hairy little butt it did. But oh, boy howdy how awesome it felt to actually achieve just that slightest accomplishment. It didn't hurt that the therapists praised me as though I'd just solved world hunger. lol
The therapists were also thrilled with the progress I'm making in my ability to walk normally. Almost no discernible limp. Yay me! And believe me, it wasn't without a lot of sweat and a few tears that I pushed myself to that point. Worked my butt off all weekend to get to that point. Cuz I gotta tell ya. Friday's session was a little discouraging. They weren't pleased with my range of motion at all and Kevin reamed me out for the way I was walking. So yeah. Yay me!
So anyway, after my stint on the bike, Kevin measured my range of motion and guess what! He got me to 110 degrees! That's up from like 95 or so on Friday. Another yay moment. lol The rest of the session was easy peasy after all that accomplishment and praise. Made the whole crappy day a heck of a lot better, let me tell you. I went home last night just chuffed to the gills that I was doing something right for a change and all this will be a vague memory somewhere down the line.
Of course, "the things that Jana does not want to do" still lingers and I still have to do them but for now I'm telling them to go stuff themselves. lol I want to ride this high just a little while longer. :-)
So yeah, yesterday was sort of a downer day for no apparent reason. Probably because there are like two or five more things added to the list of "Things Jana Doesn't Want to Deal With." That always bums me out because they're things I know I need to do and just get over with but things that I absolutely LOATH doing. I won't get into what they are because I know ya'll would be rolling your eyes at me and my silliness. Cuz they are such silly inconsequential things. I, however, just would rather look the other way and pretend that these things didn't exist.
But, wonder of wonders, physical therapy had a really positive spin on the day. I don't know why, exactly, except that for the first time since I skidded on that danged kitchen rug, I can see a little bit of the light peaking out from the end of the tunnel. It's there. I can see it. There is an end in sight to this misery and I can see a glimpse of it. Of course, depending on whether or not I have surgery it may only be a temporary end to the misery but I've decided to deal with that as it comes. Not borrowing trouble. Not today, anyway.
Yesterday's session was, perhaps, the most grueling one yet. The kid gloves came off and they ran me through the fire. (Almost literally. Their air conditioning was out and it was HOT in there. lol) I did 40 squats and then 10 minutes on the bike with the last 3 minutes finding me actually making a full backward turn of the peddles. A feat, that up until I actually did it, I didn't think would ever be possible. Did it hurt? You bet your hairy little butt it did. But oh, boy howdy how awesome it felt to actually achieve just that slightest accomplishment. It didn't hurt that the therapists praised me as though I'd just solved world hunger. lol
The therapists were also thrilled with the progress I'm making in my ability to walk normally. Almost no discernible limp. Yay me! And believe me, it wasn't without a lot of sweat and a few tears that I pushed myself to that point. Worked my butt off all weekend to get to that point. Cuz I gotta tell ya. Friday's session was a little discouraging. They weren't pleased with my range of motion at all and Kevin reamed me out for the way I was walking. So yeah. Yay me!
So anyway, after my stint on the bike, Kevin measured my range of motion and guess what! He got me to 110 degrees! That's up from like 95 or so on Friday. Another yay moment. lol The rest of the session was easy peasy after all that accomplishment and praise. Made the whole crappy day a heck of a lot better, let me tell you. I went home last night just chuffed to the gills that I was doing something right for a change and all this will be a vague memory somewhere down the line.
Of course, "the things that Jana does not want to do" still lingers and I still have to do them but for now I'm telling them to go stuff themselves. lol I want to ride this high just a little while longer. :-)
Comments
We'll let you ride the high for a little while, but you still have to do whatever it is Jana doesn't want to do. ,-)
lol