Talking In My Sleep
No, not me. I'm not talking. Other people are. In my head, anyway.
It's really getting to me, this whole "bonding" thing I've gotten going with Mama these days. Love the woman to death. Would gladly lay over train tracks for her and Lord knows she's been a huge help and blessing to me the past couple of months.
But.
The talking. It must stop.
LOL
You know, she's been driving me to and from work since I can't drive. Actually, she drives me just about everywhere I need to go. Shopping, doctor's appointments and all that good stuff.
One thing one must understand about my mother and me though...We are polar opposites on most things. Much as it pains me (and it pains me GREATLY) to admit it, I am much more like Daddy than I am Mama. Well, mostly. I'm not quite as mean as Daddy can be and I'd like to think that I'm much prettier. hehe
But you know, I'm a quiet gal. I like the peacefulness of not talking. Unless, of course, I'm the one with the urge to speak. Me? I think it's perfectly lovely to not share every thought that passes through my head the instant it forms. I find it quite nice, actually, to go hours without speaking or being spoken to.
And driving/riding? Well, those are the times I enjoy not talking the most. My drive times are the times I find to be the most peaceful. I listen to the radio. I think deep thoughts (or shallow ones. Depending on my mood.) I ponder my existence and place on this earth. Or I think really ugly thoughts about all the people I don't like. The point is, it's my thinking time. Especially the morning drive. I'm not much of a morning person, anyway. That is especially true while I'm driving/riding.
Mama, on the other hand, is a talker. Non stop chatterbox, much like Sis1. She turns the radio down so that she can make sure I hear her. It doesn't even seem to phase her that while she's telling me every single detail of her morning thus far and all that she did the night before, I'm sitting over in the passenger seat grunting my responses, occasionally growling or glowering. Half the time I have no idea where her thought pattern has taken her and when she does manage to issue a funny pun or something she feels the need to explain it which drives me nuts. I look dumb, yeah. But I ain't. Most days, anyway.
But this has gone on for nearly two months and it's gotten so that I hear her talking in my sleep. I still don't have a clue what she's talking about but I just hear her voice. It's an odd mixture of annoying and soothing. Go figure.
It's really getting to me, this whole "bonding" thing I've gotten going with Mama these days. Love the woman to death. Would gladly lay over train tracks for her and Lord knows she's been a huge help and blessing to me the past couple of months.
But.
The talking. It must stop.
LOL
You know, she's been driving me to and from work since I can't drive. Actually, she drives me just about everywhere I need to go. Shopping, doctor's appointments and all that good stuff.
One thing one must understand about my mother and me though...We are polar opposites on most things. Much as it pains me (and it pains me GREATLY) to admit it, I am much more like Daddy than I am Mama. Well, mostly. I'm not quite as mean as Daddy can be and I'd like to think that I'm much prettier. hehe
But you know, I'm a quiet gal. I like the peacefulness of not talking. Unless, of course, I'm the one with the urge to speak. Me? I think it's perfectly lovely to not share every thought that passes through my head the instant it forms. I find it quite nice, actually, to go hours without speaking or being spoken to.
And driving/riding? Well, those are the times I enjoy not talking the most. My drive times are the times I find to be the most peaceful. I listen to the radio. I think deep thoughts (or shallow ones. Depending on my mood.) I ponder my existence and place on this earth. Or I think really ugly thoughts about all the people I don't like. The point is, it's my thinking time. Especially the morning drive. I'm not much of a morning person, anyway. That is especially true while I'm driving/riding.
Mama, on the other hand, is a talker. Non stop chatterbox, much like Sis1. She turns the radio down so that she can make sure I hear her. It doesn't even seem to phase her that while she's telling me every single detail of her morning thus far and all that she did the night before, I'm sitting over in the passenger seat grunting my responses, occasionally growling or glowering. Half the time I have no idea where her thought pattern has taken her and when she does manage to issue a funny pun or something she feels the need to explain it which drives me nuts. I look dumb, yeah. But I ain't. Most days, anyway.
But this has gone on for nearly two months and it's gotten so that I hear her talking in my sleep. I still don't have a clue what she's talking about but I just hear her voice. It's an odd mixture of annoying and soothing. Go figure.
Comments