Don't Look Down and Don't Look at Wal-Mart

Ugh!

So I have this gift card to Wal-Mart, right? It was a birthday present. So I go to Wal-Mart last night because yesterday was the release date for Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer's new baby, Don't Look Down. You know, since I've been obsessively reading the blog and stuff, I feel sort of emotionally invested in it. I'm just dying to read it.

But does Wal-Mart have it anywhere? Noooooooo. They have Danielle Friggen Steal out the butt but no Crusie/Mayer. No Moots. No nothin'.

Okay, so they had the new Carol Higgens Clark which I almost bought but I digress.

No Don't Look Down.

I was so disappointed that I actually DREAMED about it last night. How sad am I that my only dreams are about me running around town trying to find a book and then not being able to buy it cuz my only expendable money is stuck on a gift card to Wal-Mart?

*sigh*

To add to the nightmares, I watched American Idol and dude. They pretty much BUTCHERED my beloved country music. BUTCHERED, I tell you. Especially Ace Young slaughtering my beloved Keith Urban's Tonight I Want to Cry. Dude. Go HOME!

Chris kissed it and made it better though. He actually did justice to Keith Urban's Making Memories of Us. Had Chris been in my living room as opposed to on the television, he'd have heard me offering to be the mother of his children. hehehehehe

Katherine was good. She sang Bringing Out the Elvis in Me and she knocked Presley Tucker's poor version on it's butt. hehehe Paris knocked out a good version of How Do I Live and Mandisa chopped up Shania Twain's Any Man of Mine and then the rest of 'em were just too blah to remember. One thing that had me really booing Simon though is...HE SAID HE HATES COUNTRY MUSIC!!!

Now, I know that not everyone in the world shares my passion for it. But seriously. He just didn't like anything about any of the songs. The songs are what make it so wonderful. The meaningful lyrics, the melodies. Just. Wow. How can someone supposedly so "in" with the music industry be so prejudice against an entire genre? Too bad for me that I still find him to be seriously hot. lol Yeah, I'm one sick puppy but I never claimed to be sane. ;-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
You're a Cherry Bomb too, huh? LOL! I don't know about the book. When I read the version on their website there were so many spelling and grammatical errors it made my head hurt. Hopefully it got fixed before it went to print. I love their blog though. It cracks me up.

I hope you have a wonderful day. *wave*
Jana said…
LOL Yep. I'm a Cherry Bomb, too, though I've never commented on there. Don't know why, except for a serious case of star strickeness. lol

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today