A Personal Peeve
Okay, I'm all for technology. The invention of the cell phone has saved my butt on more than one occassion. But honest to goodness, I hardly think the inventors intended it to be carried EVERYWHERE!
No offence to anyone who does this (well, maybe a little offence because it truly bugs me) but answering and talking on cell phones in public restrooms just ain't right. You know, I don't care if you don't mind talking to someone on the phone while YOU do YOUR buisness, but I DO care if you're talking on the phone while I'm doing MINE. Grrrr...
And honest to goodness, ain't nuthin' that important that it can't wait till after you flush, wash and leave the restroom. Simply note who the call is from and call them back when you're done. Simple as that. I mean, cell phones are annoying enough in the theater or restaurants, but in the restroom??? Come on, people. Have a little decency and respect for yourself, the person on the other end of the line and most especially the folks in other stalls. It's just beyond rude.
And yes, had that happen this morning. Not the first time, of course, but I just had to get it off my chest.
No offence to anyone who does this (well, maybe a little offence because it truly bugs me) but answering and talking on cell phones in public restrooms just ain't right. You know, I don't care if you don't mind talking to someone on the phone while YOU do YOUR buisness, but I DO care if you're talking on the phone while I'm doing MINE. Grrrr...
And honest to goodness, ain't nuthin' that important that it can't wait till after you flush, wash and leave the restroom. Simply note who the call is from and call them back when you're done. Simple as that. I mean, cell phones are annoying enough in the theater or restaurants, but in the restroom??? Come on, people. Have a little decency and respect for yourself, the person on the other end of the line and most especially the folks in other stalls. It's just beyond rude.
And yes, had that happen this morning. Not the first time, of course, but I just had to get it off my chest.
Comments
I take the bus to work 99% of the time. I've had people talk at such a loud volume that you can hear them talk about everything! I actually overheard someone talking about their STD that they'd contracted from their new girlfriend...kid you not.
Drives me batty, it does. :(
Hope you're having a good day. I'm suffering from a severe allergy attack because a coworker brought in lilacs. I had told her before she brought them in that I was allergic to them, but she still brought them.
My throat itches, my head hurts, my lungs are all tight because I CAN'T BREATH!!!!!
Seriously, though. Feel better, hun.
I also take the bus a lot and it amazes me how many people are oblivious to the fact that everyone around them can hear their entire conversation. Even worse when you can hear the person they're talking to as well. I also find it annoying when people are playing games on their cell and don't mute it. Bugs the heck out of me.
Kaitlin, I sympathize on the allergies. I love lilacs, but the scent can be very overpowering, especially if you have allergies -- of any kind. Even for those who aren't allergic to lilacs, they can aggrevate other allergies. Very offensive of the co-worker to bring them in after being told someone was allergic. Some people are just naturally insensitive. I'm allergic to perfume and cologne, and used to work with someone who bathed in it, even though she knew I was extremely allergic.