Welcome Back Miss Independence!!

Oh holy wow! I can drive again!!!! Yeeeeee-Haaaawww!

lol

So yeah. I've got my driving leg back. Drove myself to work this morning and everything. Yay me! hehe

So I thought I was going to be off today because I had to take care of some issues at the house with the roto rooter man...AGAIN. Yeah. So I called my landlord and he says if I can hang till Saturday he'll bring a crew out and fix it permanently. I have my doubts about the permanency of it but I'm crossing my fingers and winging a prayer to God that I'm wrong. For once I want to be wrong. lol

That left me at home with no reason (other than laziness) to be there. Somehow I didn't think that excuse would fly with my supervisor and I really would like to save my personal leave time for some time when I don't have to time flushes, ya know? (tmi?) But then, of course, I'm also at home with no ride as my mother had gone on into work. She did say she'd come back and get me if I wanted her to but I don't want to wear out the welcome mat with her so I finally decided to call the PT I'd been working with and get his opinion on the subject since my doctor hadn't had the courtesy to tell me anything before releasing me to the wilds.

PT says, Sure. Knock yourself out. Just be careful, don't try to drive in heavy traffic till you get used to driving again and don't rush yourself.

So I did it. I drove myself to work. Had to sweet talk the old car into it cuz she'd done gotten fat and lazy with all the laying around she'd done for the past two months but she finally shuddered an okay and wheezed me to town. lol I'll have to reward the old girl with a bath tonight. Poor thing is just covered in pollen, bless her heart.

My supervisor was thrilled because that means I get to go back to doing my evening shift and working the Saturday I was tentatively scheduled for. Can't say as I blame her much for her enthusiasm because she's the one that's been covering for me since I've been down.

But yeah. I've got my independence back. Yay me! hehehehe

I'm flipping cyber cartwheels...thank heavens I remembered to wear pants! :-O

Comments

Heather said…
Congrats on the regained independence! No hot rodding though. You're not quite ready for that yet. ;-D
Jana said…
LOL Well dang. There goes my weekend plans. :-D

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today