The Last Little While

has been crazy.

Oh, not outwardly. Outwardly the world exists in the same sort of controlled chaos it normally does. A planet may have bitten the dust (figuratively speaking) but all in all, the same ol' same ol'. No. It's just ME that has been crazy for the last little while. My mind is so tired and my body has either decided it hates me or twentyseven years of abuse are finally starting to take their toll.

No, I'm not a crack addict or anything like that, but I haven't exactly taken care of my body either. Multiple scrapes, sprains and the like. Not to mention the years and YEARS of being morbidly obese. And sadly the morbidly obese part is what keeps me away from doctors because honestly? I know I'm fat. I don't need some overeducated and highly over rated MD to tell me that. And yes. That is normally the case whenever I've gone to a doctor. Every darn thing wrong with me is because I'm fat. (But I digress. That isn't the point of this post. I'm not sure what IS the point, exactly. I just know that THAT isn't it.)

I've just got so much pushing on me right now. Stresses at work. Stresses at home. Inter-family stresses. (Darn sisters are acting like two year olds.) Not to mention all the 'me' stuff that's stressing me out. And I never used to stress over anything so it really ticks me off that I'm stressing now. I'm Jana of the laid back attitude. Nothing gets her down. *sigh* And maybe that's why I'm stressing now. Because no one EXPECTS me to get stressed they just go ahead and push. And I'm darn tired. I just wish all them would leave me be.

And to top it all off, the fun relaxing weekend I was geared up to have has gone by the wayside. Sis1 emailed me earlier to ask if she and her family can stay with me Friday night. *sigh* It's hard enough on my nerves when it's just HER staying with me. Throw in her dh and Emmy and I'm fried. Not only is it extra bodies taking over my space and demanding my attention (and very likely critsizing me or my home or some aspect of both) but it's extra work. I've got to go home tonight and strip the beds, clean the bathroom, do the laundry, wash the dishes I'd put off doing and cut the grass because believe you me. If BIL pulls up into the drive and sees the ankle high grass he'll have something snarky to say about it. Not that he's mean spirited. Don't get me wrong. But he's a neat nic. He likes a well kept yard, clean house and hot food. None of which I normally aspire to on my meager budget and time constraints. Especially not now with the Libbster that demands so much attention and time. Needless to say, if they ask me to cook they're getting Hot Pockets. Or maybe I'll toss 'em a can of Slimfast. Maybe next time they'll opt to stay at his folks' house.

*sigh* But now I'm feeling petty and dumb because the only reason they're coming tomorrow night instead of Saturday as they'd planned is because a friend of their's mother died and they're coming in for the visitation Friday night.

On a brighter side...I get to see Sis2 and her dh Saturday. Not sure how long they'll be there as his mother had back surgery this week but her sister is staying with her so maybe they'll get to visit a while.

And to end this pointless post on a pointless note...Tonight is our first game of the football season. Wooo, freakin', hooo. :-

Gooooo Bulldogs!!!

(If you see on the news where some white chick in Mississippi got arrested for mowing down a bunch of mindless football fans who were blocking her from leaving campus after work, that'll be me. I'll try to at least fluff my hair for the mugshot so ya'll will recongize me. hehe)

Comments

Constance said…
Mine as well put Bil to use and have him cut the lawn. The relatives gotta love the little pup, at least. Everyone is stressing. It's a pre-Holloween thing. The crickets chirping probably. Take back your Labor Day weekend and have fun with it!
Heather said…
If BIL pulls up into the drive and sees the ankle high grass he'll have something snarky to say about it.

If he doesn't like it, he can mow it himself. Those who complain are welcome to do it themselves. That goes for mowing the lawn, doing the dishes and cleaning the house. You're not running a B&B, and it's just plain rude for any of them to complain about anything. If they don't like how clean your house is they can always stay at a motel.

Hope you get to enjoy at least part of your weekend, Jana. It's Taste of Madison here, but supposed to rain Sunday and Monday, so am thinking of going uptown tomorrow for the Farmer's Market and sticking around a bit for the food and entertainment. And I'm not changing MY plans for anyone who calls with last minute ones tonight. Not. Happening.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today