Praying For Death

Yes, there are times in a woman’s life where she does this. It’s that “curse of Eve” thing and I believe ya’ll know what I mean. Blech! Were it possible to go back in time, I’d go back to five minutes before that insolent witch plucked that fruit and beat her over the head with that dumbass serpent.

But anyway, that’s neither here nor there. *sigh*

My weekend was fair to midlin’ as my granddaddy always says. Not sure what it means but I suppose it’s something like “pretty good.”

I stayed at home Friday night and fought with Libby. No news there.

Saturday I stayed home and fought with Libby until she decided she was too pooped to pop and she napped the rest of the day. That left me with plenty of time to get some much needed housework done. Mostly laundry. And I got lots and lots of reading done. Yay me! hehe Finished Sarah Mlynowski’s Me vs. Me and loved every second of it. That Sarah’s right up there with Jennifer Weiner if you ask me. And ya’ll know what a Jen Weiner fan I am, right? hehehe

Sunday I decided to take Libby out to my folks’ house and introduce her to my mom’s dog, Nipper. Needless to say he was NOT impressed with this little chit who stole all his attention. lol He wouldn’t have anything to do with her and she wanted so badly to play with him. He wasn’t having any of that, though. Dogs are so funny. But Libby had fun at Nana and Bobo’s house. They had a ball with her, too. Pooped her out and she slept all night last night when we got home. So I was able to enjoy my two shows.

Now, on to that…

Big Brother Allstars: Janelle’s up on the block again but more than likely will get POV and George will go home. Will and Boogie are SUCH puppet masters but I have a feeling Boogie’s going to get his butt kicked when Erica finds out he’s playing her. Will and Janelle, however, are a match made in Heaven as they are playing each other.

My girl, Danielle had soooooo better not go home this week, though.

The 4400: Not sure how I feel about this season finale. It was good but in many ways I’m rather disappointed with it. Not enough of a BANG factor. I’m Glad Isabel got taken down a peg or two but Shawn! Poor Shawn! And Diana…why do I get the creepy feeling she’s in for some major disappointment? And that silly stupid April. *groan* I’m not going to say that I hate stupid people but I hate when people are stupid. Should be interesting to see what her fate is next season. But I feel so sorry for Tom. And what happened to Elena! (isn’t that her name?) Did the future come and get her again? Grrrrr…And Kyle! Sweet precious much beloved Kyle is stupid, too.

Is there any way I can kill Jordan Collier?? LOL

What I didn’t do this weekend was grocery shop. Doh! *smacks self on forehead* It’s called being lazy. I did NOT want to leave the house Saturday and there was no time yesterday.

Ah, but an observation…Apparently the preacher isn’t the only man in that church to ignore me at will. There’s another dude there who did the SAME THING yesterday. Spoke to my parents and my grandparents while I’m standing there and yeah, he shook my hand but didn’t even bother looking at me while he did so. He continued to talk to my mother the whole time. Seriously, am I that repulsive that people can’t bear to look at me or acknowledge my existence? Grrrr…

Oddly enough, though, the preacher decided to make nice yesterday. I think they must’ve started a “Drive Jana Nuts” club or something. *shakes head and rolls eyes* Just my luck.

I never have this problem with the women in this church. They may not know my name but they smile at me and look me in the eye, gol darnit!

Oy! I think I’m obsessing over nothing.

Oooo, but there’s this one fella at work who I thought didn’t know my name and guess what! He does!! LOL

*checks driver’s license*

No, I’m not sixteen. Still 27 but man alive do I sound like a silly teenager. hehehehe

Comments

Heather said…
Definitely an interesting season finale of "The 4400" -- maybe not as huge a cliffhanger as last season, but big nevertheless. Will be interesting to see how Isabelle reacts to being stripped of her powers -- I'm betting she's going to be ticked adn out for revenge. Shawn...no doubt he'll come through, but between Collier and NTAC he's trapped in the middle of things. I think Diana is going to be caught in the middle as well. On one hand, she's an NTAC agent; on the other...her adopted daughter is a 4400 with precog ability. And then, of course, there's Ben. Yeah, I wouldn't have had any problem running off to Spain with him either. *WG*

The first time I watched the finale Sunday I missed the part where the light seemed to return for Alana (With an A, not an E), but after people at SCS mentioned it, I tuned in again later just for the ending and saw it. Interesting... And poor Tom if she doesn't return. I mean, Kyle is gone, Diana just ran off to Spain, and his nephew is in serious condition in hospital. Could it get any worse for him??

Loved the voice-over by Collier as he was writing in his journal, and thought it an interesting twist when the guy handing out the Promiacin turned to the camera and appeared to be offering US one.

Which begs the question -- if there was a chance you'd gain an ability, but you knew 50% of those who took it died...would you be willing to take the risk?

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today