This and That
Libby and I had our first big fight this morning...over whether or not my feet are chew toys. I'm bigger. I won. But I think she cussed me out. :-/
I sooooo hope I don't get any new neighbors across from me anytime soon. I've been busted twice so far when taking Libby outside in my nightgown. Once by the school bus (bet those kids never wanted to learn THAT) and once by the newspaper delivery. I've started wearing shorts under my gown, at least.
Sis2 was thisclose to Chipper Jones Saturday night. If you don't know who he is, first of all shame on you and secondly, he plays for the Atlanta Braves. (don't ask me what position...all I know is he fills out his uniform nicely and can slam in some big home runs.) He was recovering from an injury and part of his rehabilitation to get him ready to return to the field was to play for the Mississippi Braves, the minor league team owned by the same franchise as the Atlanta Braves. So Sis2 and her dh are big baseball fans and he got them kick butt seats right at the dugout and they went. She said she was close enough to see him spit. LOL I was soooo jealous.
I honestly haven't watched a game in YEARS. Not an entire game, anyway. And usually when I DO watch, I have the sound turned down so that I can do my own commentary which, I must say, is MUCH more entertaining than the commentators on television. hehehehe (My philosophical notations of the perfect shape and size of Andruw Jones' butt alone are Emmy worthy.)
Anyway, back to the story, Sis2 called me Sunday night to brag. Meanie. Did they invite ME to go with them? Nooooooo. So what if I'm an hour fifteen from them? I'd have hitch hiked to see Chipper Jones up close and personal.
Well, maybe not. That's a looooong walk and well, he's married. Not like I'd have gone home with him. hehehehe
I got an email from my buddy Wanda yesterday. Seems as though she and her siblings are newsworthy. All six of them are enrolled in our esteemed university. The university website has a story up about them and they're going to be on the Midday news program Thursday. I suppose it's human interest newsworthy. But what about the fact that Wanda and I have been in the same school...same BUILDING since first grade. Shouldn't that be newsworthy?? hehehe Seriously, we started first grade together, graduated high school together, enrolled and attended the same university, both worked as student workers in the library all through college and though she's still a student worker and I'm a staff, we're STILL working under the same roof. That oughtta be human interesty enough, right? LOL
Thinking about it now, though, I have to wonder...why are our life paths still so closely connected? Sure, we were BFF's all through elementary and high school but we've sort of drifted apart through college. Different interests and the like. While at the same university, we made vastly different choices in both our curriculum and our conduct which led us to sort of separate. But we still talk like old pals when we see each other and we still get up in each other's business when necessary. So I wonder why it is that some people seem to be forever linked to me while others who were just as important (who I perhaps wanted to be more important) have veered off from me. (One, in particular, who shall remain nameless still haunts me as to why we parted ways.) But what journey do she and I have left to make together? I suppose it could just be a fluke but I don't really believe in flukes. I feel as though everything in life serves a purpose.
Anyway, ignore me while I get all philosophical. My mind's ajumble these days. lol
Oooo...and I gots a new shipment of books in yesterday. Woooo doggie! hehehe Five gloriously fresh and hopefully entertaining new books. Hope Libby lets me read 'em. hehehe I've been working on finding time to read Killing Cousins: A Torie O'Shea Mystery since Saturday. I'm having to take the book to bed with me and read a chapter after Libby's gone to sleep. Kids are so demanding. hehehe I'm really looking forward to delving into the new Patricia McLinn novel, The Right Brother. Pat's one of my all time faves. And Sarah Mlynowski's Me vs. Me is out this month from Red Dress Ink. I adore Sarah's style. Her first novel, Milk Run, was one of the very first RDI's that I read. Really, it along with Melissa Senate's See Jane Date, are the two that really got me into RDI and the whole Chick Lit movement. hehehehe I suppose you could say it was those two authors who helped me discover the beloved Jennifer Weiner as it was a search for their books on Amazon that led me to Jen's Good In Bed. :-) (Six degrees of separation on Amazon anyone? hehehehe)
Also in my shipment were Laurie Paige's Under the Western Sky, Brenda Mott's Man From Montana and Susan Anderson's Just For Kicks...You know, because you care what I read. hehehehe I'm a huge fan of Laurie Paige, too. She's pretty much an auto buy for me, her Seven Devils mini-series having really brought her name to my attention. Brenda Mott is a new author to me but the cover and back blurb of the book were just irresistible. And Susan Anderson...well, I read Hot and Bothered by her last year and just loved it so I thought...Oh, yeah. ;-)
I haven't, however, completed reading all the books from my previous shipment. :-/ Time just hasn't permitted. Well, when I had the time, I didn't have the attention span.
Anyway, enough stumping for some talented authors. I gots work to do. Tons and tons of dusty smelly atrocious work to do. You know, cuz I gotta bet paid.
hehehe
I sooooo hope I don't get any new neighbors across from me anytime soon. I've been busted twice so far when taking Libby outside in my nightgown. Once by the school bus (bet those kids never wanted to learn THAT) and once by the newspaper delivery. I've started wearing shorts under my gown, at least.
Sis2 was thisclose to Chipper Jones Saturday night. If you don't know who he is, first of all shame on you and secondly, he plays for the Atlanta Braves. (don't ask me what position...all I know is he fills out his uniform nicely and can slam in some big home runs.) He was recovering from an injury and part of his rehabilitation to get him ready to return to the field was to play for the Mississippi Braves, the minor league team owned by the same franchise as the Atlanta Braves. So Sis2 and her dh are big baseball fans and he got them kick butt seats right at the dugout and they went. She said she was close enough to see him spit. LOL I was soooo jealous.
I honestly haven't watched a game in YEARS. Not an entire game, anyway. And usually when I DO watch, I have the sound turned down so that I can do my own commentary which, I must say, is MUCH more entertaining than the commentators on television. hehehehe (My philosophical notations of the perfect shape and size of Andruw Jones' butt alone are Emmy worthy.)
Anyway, back to the story, Sis2 called me Sunday night to brag. Meanie. Did they invite ME to go with them? Nooooooo. So what if I'm an hour fifteen from them? I'd have hitch hiked to see Chipper Jones up close and personal.
Well, maybe not. That's a looooong walk and well, he's married. Not like I'd have gone home with him. hehehehe
I got an email from my buddy Wanda yesterday. Seems as though she and her siblings are newsworthy. All six of them are enrolled in our esteemed university. The university website has a story up about them and they're going to be on the Midday news program Thursday. I suppose it's human interest newsworthy. But what about the fact that Wanda and I have been in the same school...same BUILDING since first grade. Shouldn't that be newsworthy?? hehehe Seriously, we started first grade together, graduated high school together, enrolled and attended the same university, both worked as student workers in the library all through college and though she's still a student worker and I'm a staff, we're STILL working under the same roof. That oughtta be human interesty enough, right? LOL
Thinking about it now, though, I have to wonder...why are our life paths still so closely connected? Sure, we were BFF's all through elementary and high school but we've sort of drifted apart through college. Different interests and the like. While at the same university, we made vastly different choices in both our curriculum and our conduct which led us to sort of separate. But we still talk like old pals when we see each other and we still get up in each other's business when necessary. So I wonder why it is that some people seem to be forever linked to me while others who were just as important (who I perhaps wanted to be more important) have veered off from me. (One, in particular, who shall remain nameless still haunts me as to why we parted ways.) But what journey do she and I have left to make together? I suppose it could just be a fluke but I don't really believe in flukes. I feel as though everything in life serves a purpose.
Anyway, ignore me while I get all philosophical. My mind's ajumble these days. lol
Oooo...and I gots a new shipment of books in yesterday. Woooo doggie! hehehe Five gloriously fresh and hopefully entertaining new books. Hope Libby lets me read 'em. hehehe I've been working on finding time to read Killing Cousins: A Torie O'Shea Mystery since Saturday. I'm having to take the book to bed with me and read a chapter after Libby's gone to sleep. Kids are so demanding. hehehe I'm really looking forward to delving into the new Patricia McLinn novel, The Right Brother. Pat's one of my all time faves. And Sarah Mlynowski's Me vs. Me is out this month from Red Dress Ink. I adore Sarah's style. Her first novel, Milk Run, was one of the very first RDI's that I read. Really, it along with Melissa Senate's See Jane Date, are the two that really got me into RDI and the whole Chick Lit movement. hehehehe I suppose you could say it was those two authors who helped me discover the beloved Jennifer Weiner as it was a search for their books on Amazon that led me to Jen's Good In Bed. :-) (Six degrees of separation on Amazon anyone? hehehehe)
Also in my shipment were Laurie Paige's Under the Western Sky, Brenda Mott's Man From Montana and Susan Anderson's Just For Kicks...You know, because you care what I read. hehehehe I'm a huge fan of Laurie Paige, too. She's pretty much an auto buy for me, her Seven Devils mini-series having really brought her name to my attention. Brenda Mott is a new author to me but the cover and back blurb of the book were just irresistible. And Susan Anderson...well, I read Hot and Bothered by her last year and just loved it so I thought...Oh, yeah. ;-)
I haven't, however, completed reading all the books from my previous shipment. :-/ Time just hasn't permitted. Well, when I had the time, I didn't have the attention span.
Anyway, enough stumping for some talented authors. I gots work to do. Tons and tons of dusty smelly atrocious work to do. You know, cuz I gotta bet paid.
hehehe
Comments