I Smell Like Coffee

Or, “The Morning of Everything That Could Go Wrong, Has Gone Wrong.”

*sigh*

Are we sure it isn’t Monday??

But yeah. Got up this morning. Thought it was Monday and I suppose the day thinks it’s Monday, too. Libby would NOT cooperate. Was late getting dressed for work (had like three minutes!) because Miss Libby of the Not-So-Pottytrained refused to do her business outside and Jana was NOT going to let her get away with doing it in the house. No ma’am. So I was outside (in my nightgown) almost all morning KNOWING that the dog had to do her business but wouldn’t because some DUMB DOG down the road was apparently feelin’ the blues cuz he was baying up a storm. Totally scared poor Libby and I could barely coax her off the porch, let alone get her to do her business. So I had FOUR MINUTES to get dressed this morning. No make-up. Barely got my teeth brushed. Cracked my head on the counter when I put Libby in her crate. Then on the way to work I spilled coffee on my pants. Hence the smelling like coffee. Now I’m at work, slightly irritable and folks keep buggin’ me. *sigh*

The weekend was good, though. I ended up only hosting Sis1 and her family one night. Friday night they had to go to a visitation for their friend’s mother who died earlier last week and then went out to supper with BIL’s dad and stepmom. They didn’t get back to my house to after 10:00 and then we stayed up a bit so that Emmy could play with Libby. I’ve figured out that puppies need children to play with. lol

Emmy ended up sleeping with me Friday night. Meaning, I spent the night hugging the edge of the bed cuz she was sleeping right in the middle. Then she woke me up at around 2:30 with a nose bleed. She has dry sinuses or something which causes her nose to bleed sometimes. So I had to get up and help her get that cleaned up. Luckily she’s used to it so she didn’t freak out or anything.

Got up Saturday morning, though, and had to play nurse maid to Sis1. She woke up with a headache and spent the morning laying on the couch. I had to fix breakfast in between taking the dog out, helping Emmy with whatever crises it is that 6-year-old girls have when they first get up in the mornings and then get everyone settled with their breakfast. Now I know how mother’s with multiple children feel. It’s hard work! LOL

Sis1 had a miraculous recovery though just in time to get up and get ready to go to the funeral for their friend’s mother. BIL didn’t even get out of bed until thirty minutes before they had to leave and then he got pissy with US because they were running late. Men! *rolls eyes*


But me, Libby and Emmy loaded up and went on out to my folks’ house, Emmy still in her pj’s and me with wet hair. We were just going to Nana and Bobo’s house though. hehehe

Sis2 and her dh (aka Goofball) were already there when we got there. For once, they beat me. But they came out of the house while I was unloading and went straight for the puppy. Forget Jana. In fact, I don’t think anyone other than my dad even spoke to me for the first twenty minutes cuz they were all about the puppy. *pouts* hehehe

I won’t bore you with the details of the day because it wasn’t anything anyone other than family would find interesting. Just eating, talking and playing with the puppy. However, that evening, we went fishing. Guess what Jana caught. hehehe

A FIVE POUND CATFISH!!!

I had been fishing for about an hour and hadn’t caught a single thing. Just sitting there. Sis2 had already caught a few Bass and Goofball and Daddy had each caught a couple of Bass as well. Then I started casting out in the corner of the pond where I’d seen a couple of fish jumping. Caught two little Catfish and a little Bass right back to back to back. And then…I got a bite. Started reeling it in and the thing nearly pulled me into the pond. Just as quickly as I was reeling it was pulling the line. Daddy had to come over and tug the line a bit to help me drag it in. Pulled that sucker onto the bank and Oh. My. Gosh. I kid you not. The head on that thing was as big as both my fists put together. He was a sassy little booger, too. Wouldn’t hardly let Daddy get his hands on him to unhook him and weigh him. He was right at five pounds. Biggest fish I ever caught. Well, the biggest Catfish. I caught a five pound Bass a couple of summers ago.

Needless to say, we got pictures. Soon as I get ‘em developed I’ll post ‘em on here. I wasn’t lookin’ so hot but I don’t suppose you’re supposed to look too good when you’re fishin’, right? hehehehehe

I retired my pole after that, though. To be honest, the adrenaline was pumping and I just couldn’t be still enough. Plus, my arms were shaking and my poor wrists were hurting from all that fighting trying to reel that sucker in. ,-)

We had a lot of fun though. Mostly centered around all the double entendres concerning the bate Mama and I were using…hotdog weenies. hehehe Yeah, we’re a bunch of 14-year-olds apparently. lol But it was fun.

And then Mama went to cast and tossed her rod-n-reel and all in the pond. It was hysterical the look on her face when she realized what she’d done and then all the hopping and carrying on when she fished it out. ROFL

All in all, a good time.

We didn’t get to eat the 5lb Catfish, though. We took it home and Daddy put it in the cooler overnight because it was too late to clean it when we got back to the house. But it died overnight so we didn’t get to eat it. :-( It woulda been good, too. Filet and fry that sucker up…I could just taste it.

I woke up ill Sunday morning, though. Not sure what was up but I stayed in the recliner all day. Didn’t get to go to church OR the movies. Mama took Emmy to see Barnyard (my idea) and I missed it. Mama said it was good, too.

Then just hung out and played with the puppy all day yesterday. And watched The Closer marathon on TNT. First time I’d ever watched it. I got hooked. LOL

I didn’t get home till nearly eight o’clock last night though and Libby and I were so tired we conked out on the couch and watched the season finale of The Closer and went to bed after it went off.

So that was my long weekend. Now I’ve got to get back into the groove of working. Not to mention the gazillions of emails I’ve got to wade through.

So that was me. How ‘bout ya’ll?

Comments

Heather said…
Glad you enjoyed at least part of your weekend, Jana!

Me, went to the Farmer's Market Saturday morning -- it was PACKED by ten o'clock! -- and hung around after for the Taste of Madison. Lots of people seemed to have the same idea, just plopped down in the shade of the Capitol lawn and waited until the vendors could start selling (2:30). I ended up walking about 8 miles that day, and was really feeling it when I got home.

Sis and BIL came up Sunday and we ended up going up to the Taste again, no big hardship there, LOL, and the walking was good for muscles still aching from Saturday.

Yesterday was kind of rainy and blah, and I had a slight headache all day so just kind of vegged on the couch with the cat, some reading and the MDA telethon.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today