It's Monday Already?
The weekends seem to get shorter and shorter. *sigh*
This one was actually pretty good, though. I got up early Saturday morning and treated myself to breakfast at MickyD's. Yeah, I know. Big deal. It was to me, though. Considering that I haven't eaten out for breakfast in a long while AND I was totally craving a sausage biscuit. So that's what a had. A sausage biscuit, a hashbrown and a coffee. I have to say though. You know all that fuss MickyD's has been making on how wonderful their new premium coffee is? Well, it still tastes like coffee. Period. ;-)
While I know I shouldn't have, I did feel a little weird sitting there by myself. I wasn't the only one there alone and it wasn't the first time I'VE eaten there by myself but it still felt weird. I don't know why. Of course, lately, I've felt weird no matter who I'm with. Sort of like my brain and my body are slightly disconnected with each other.
Yeah. I'm an oddball. *sigh*
After breakfast I traipsed off to Wal-Mart, zipping through there so fast that I met myself as I was leaving. hehehehe I kinda sorta wanted to do some looking. They've got their new fall clothes in and I'm in desperate need of some new threads. My old ones are starting to look...well...Old. But two things stopped me and drove me to zip through at warp speed. A.) I have no money and if I continue to charge to my credit card I'll never HAVE any money. B.) I'm hoping to make my current threads last until I've lost a significant enough amount of weight to buy a couple of sizes SMALLER. Yes. I'm cheap and ambitious. Kind of like a former president I will not name.
Once I bought $33 worth of groceries (Yep. $33 for a week. Toldja I'm cheap.) I went home and played with the Libster for a bit. Had a great message from my mom on the machine though. She had the day to herself (as opposed to my dad going shopping with her) and she wanted to know if I'd meet her at the Chinese place for lunch. Hello! Of course I wanted to meet her for Chinese. hehehehe So I did. I almost made myself sick. Not good for two reasons. A.) vomiting in public (or at all) is not fun. B.) The two sizes smaller thing is less likely to happen if I eat in such a manner too much.
But I did enjoy it. Not just the food, but the doing of something different and fun. I swear, my life has gotten so stagnant lately that I bore myself with my sameness. I need to shake it up a bit more, you know? (But not with any freaks, should said freaks be reading.)
Despite the fun lunch, though, the rest of the day passed in much the same way it usually does. Fighting with Libby. Doing laundry. Staring at my nasty house and thinking I should get up and clean it. *sigh* I did finally get up and clean the kitchen. You know, it's a slightly easier task now that most of the dirty dishes consist of straws. Another bonus of drinking Slimfast. hehehehehe (And yes, I wash my straws instead of trashing them. It's cheaper and less wasteful that way. lol)
I don't really remember all that much about Saturday night. I wish I could say it was because I was in a drunken fog or something. (No, I don't really wish that.) But it was more because I did a big bunch of nothing. Well, other than work some more on that picture project for my mother which, btw, I got a good portion done. Of the sorting. Not the albuming. Still have a loooooong way to go on it. I tell you honestly, we are some picture making fools, my family is.
Sunday was, of course, church day. It also brought some spectacular miraculous news. My best friend's mother announced that according to the PET scan she had last week, she is in full remission from her cancer. This is a woman who's battled cancer and nearly lost several times. She was in remission for a little while last year, I think, but it came back twice as strong. The last report she had prior to this current miraculous news was that her heart was too weak to continue her chemotherapy and that the doctor was basically sending her home to die. Honestly, that's just about what he said. She'd even begun exhibiting symptoms of death, according to my best friend. So this miraculous news is made twice as miraculous from my standpoint. One who stood at death's door, hand poised to knock is now sprinting jubilantly away from it. Weeeee!
So I guess you can imagine that after that good news the rest of the day was just gravy. ;-)
Oh, and the preacher (yes, that one.) was over the moon that the Bulldogs finally won a football game. It was against a nothing team in Alabama but it was a win, darnit. I, personally, couldn't care less but *shrugs* whatever makes him happy. lol
You know, since I stopped obsessing over his (the preacher's) behavior he isn't quite as all over the place anymore. He's been consistently polite and friendly for several weeks in a row. Maybe I was projecting my own confused feelings about him and he thought I was the one who was running hot and cold all the time. Or maybe I'm just insane and he never ran hot and cold to start with. Or maybe now that he's 30 he's finally realized that he's stupid. Whatever the case may be, it makes for a much less distracting time at church.
And okay, I'll admit that I was ever so slightly...minscully...crushing on him or a very brief and super minimal point and time. That could have possibly contributed to the mess in my head where he's concerned. Now that my attention is focused elsewhere (the current crush who I'm almost over) I just don't give a crap anymore.
Reading back over this I think I may need therapy. What's wrong with me that I can't even commit to a crush for more than a couple of months? For crying out loud, I'm an adult! *shakes head* Shouldn't I be more stable than that? Or shouldn't I be smarter in who I choose to crush on instead of choosing a bunch of schlubs who will NEVER return the sentiment? And seriously, the preacher aside, I do know how to pick some losers. *rolls eyes*
Anyway, back to the weekend...
After church I went back to my folks' house and just chilled. Libby had fun playing with her Bobo (my dad) and chasing my mom's dog, Nipper, who STILL refuses to have much to do with her. Dachshund, while adorable, are such snobs. LOL
I got home at around 6 or so and Libby, bless her heart, was so worn out that she slept most of the evening. I got to watch three blissful almost uninterrupted hours of television including the premier of Desperate Housewives. I love that it's back and just as zany as ever. AND I'm glad that I live far far away from Wisteria Lane. LOL
I even stayed up to watch a new show, Brothers and Sisters. It looked interesting in the previews. It wasn't. Even Sally Fields and Tom Skerrit, both of whom I adore, couldn't save it from being a big snore. Such a snore that I fell asleep near the end. And I'm so disappointed, too, because I love Belthazar Ghetty and he's on there too.
Now, today, I'm sitting in the office by myself because apparently my two cohorts/co-workers neglected to tell me that they were playing hooky today. I might've played hooky, too.
But I gotta admit...I'm loving the quiet. Bad Jana. Very bad, Jana. hehehe
This one was actually pretty good, though. I got up early Saturday morning and treated myself to breakfast at MickyD's. Yeah, I know. Big deal. It was to me, though. Considering that I haven't eaten out for breakfast in a long while AND I was totally craving a sausage biscuit. So that's what a had. A sausage biscuit, a hashbrown and a coffee. I have to say though. You know all that fuss MickyD's has been making on how wonderful their new premium coffee is? Well, it still tastes like coffee. Period. ;-)
While I know I shouldn't have, I did feel a little weird sitting there by myself. I wasn't the only one there alone and it wasn't the first time I'VE eaten there by myself but it still felt weird. I don't know why. Of course, lately, I've felt weird no matter who I'm with. Sort of like my brain and my body are slightly disconnected with each other.
Yeah. I'm an oddball. *sigh*
After breakfast I traipsed off to Wal-Mart, zipping through there so fast that I met myself as I was leaving. hehehehe I kinda sorta wanted to do some looking. They've got their new fall clothes in and I'm in desperate need of some new threads. My old ones are starting to look...well...Old. But two things stopped me and drove me to zip through at warp speed. A.) I have no money and if I continue to charge to my credit card I'll never HAVE any money. B.) I'm hoping to make my current threads last until I've lost a significant enough amount of weight to buy a couple of sizes SMALLER. Yes. I'm cheap and ambitious. Kind of like a former president I will not name.
Once I bought $33 worth of groceries (Yep. $33 for a week. Toldja I'm cheap.) I went home and played with the Libster for a bit. Had a great message from my mom on the machine though. She had the day to herself (as opposed to my dad going shopping with her) and she wanted to know if I'd meet her at the Chinese place for lunch. Hello! Of course I wanted to meet her for Chinese. hehehehe So I did. I almost made myself sick. Not good for two reasons. A.) vomiting in public (or at all) is not fun. B.) The two sizes smaller thing is less likely to happen if I eat in such a manner too much.
But I did enjoy it. Not just the food, but the doing of something different and fun. I swear, my life has gotten so stagnant lately that I bore myself with my sameness. I need to shake it up a bit more, you know? (But not with any freaks, should said freaks be reading.)
Despite the fun lunch, though, the rest of the day passed in much the same way it usually does. Fighting with Libby. Doing laundry. Staring at my nasty house and thinking I should get up and clean it. *sigh* I did finally get up and clean the kitchen. You know, it's a slightly easier task now that most of the dirty dishes consist of straws. Another bonus of drinking Slimfast. hehehehehe (And yes, I wash my straws instead of trashing them. It's cheaper and less wasteful that way. lol)
I don't really remember all that much about Saturday night. I wish I could say it was because I was in a drunken fog or something. (No, I don't really wish that.) But it was more because I did a big bunch of nothing. Well, other than work some more on that picture project for my mother which, btw, I got a good portion done. Of the sorting. Not the albuming. Still have a loooooong way to go on it. I tell you honestly, we are some picture making fools, my family is.
Sunday was, of course, church day. It also brought some spectacular miraculous news. My best friend's mother announced that according to the PET scan she had last week, she is in full remission from her cancer. This is a woman who's battled cancer and nearly lost several times. She was in remission for a little while last year, I think, but it came back twice as strong. The last report she had prior to this current miraculous news was that her heart was too weak to continue her chemotherapy and that the doctor was basically sending her home to die. Honestly, that's just about what he said. She'd even begun exhibiting symptoms of death, according to my best friend. So this miraculous news is made twice as miraculous from my standpoint. One who stood at death's door, hand poised to knock is now sprinting jubilantly away from it. Weeeee!
So I guess you can imagine that after that good news the rest of the day was just gravy. ;-)
Oh, and the preacher (yes, that one.) was over the moon that the Bulldogs finally won a football game. It was against a nothing team in Alabama but it was a win, darnit. I, personally, couldn't care less but *shrugs* whatever makes him happy. lol
You know, since I stopped obsessing over his (the preacher's) behavior he isn't quite as all over the place anymore. He's been consistently polite and friendly for several weeks in a row. Maybe I was projecting my own confused feelings about him and he thought I was the one who was running hot and cold all the time. Or maybe I'm just insane and he never ran hot and cold to start with. Or maybe now that he's 30 he's finally realized that he's stupid. Whatever the case may be, it makes for a much less distracting time at church.
And okay, I'll admit that I was ever so slightly...minscully...crushing on him or a very brief and super minimal point and time. That could have possibly contributed to the mess in my head where he's concerned. Now that my attention is focused elsewhere (the current crush who I'm almost over) I just don't give a crap anymore.
Reading back over this I think I may need therapy. What's wrong with me that I can't even commit to a crush for more than a couple of months? For crying out loud, I'm an adult! *shakes head* Shouldn't I be more stable than that? Or shouldn't I be smarter in who I choose to crush on instead of choosing a bunch of schlubs who will NEVER return the sentiment? And seriously, the preacher aside, I do know how to pick some losers. *rolls eyes*
Anyway, back to the weekend...
After church I went back to my folks' house and just chilled. Libby had fun playing with her Bobo (my dad) and chasing my mom's dog, Nipper, who STILL refuses to have much to do with her. Dachshund, while adorable, are such snobs. LOL
I got home at around 6 or so and Libby, bless her heart, was so worn out that she slept most of the evening. I got to watch three blissful almost uninterrupted hours of television including the premier of Desperate Housewives. I love that it's back and just as zany as ever. AND I'm glad that I live far far away from Wisteria Lane. LOL
I even stayed up to watch a new show, Brothers and Sisters. It looked interesting in the previews. It wasn't. Even Sally Fields and Tom Skerrit, both of whom I adore, couldn't save it from being a big snore. Such a snore that I fell asleep near the end. And I'm so disappointed, too, because I love Belthazar Ghetty and he's on there too.
Now, today, I'm sitting in the office by myself because apparently my two cohorts/co-workers neglected to tell me that they were playing hooky today. I might've played hooky, too.
But I gotta admit...I'm loving the quiet. Bad Jana. Very bad, Jana. hehehe
Comments