A Million Ten
I had a million and ten things I was going to blog about today. By the time I got to Blogger, though, they'd gone Poof! Right out my head. Funny, that. Not really.
So what's new in the land of Jana?
Well...My niece is being tested Friday to see if she has a learning disorder. My sister is freaking out. She's just positive that Emmy is dyslexic all because she's having some problems with her spelling tests. She's six. She's in the first grade. She comes from a long line of terrible spellers including yours truly. I flunked plenty of spelling tests in my day and I graduated high school third in my class and completed my B.A. with a 3.2something GPA. She's just a bad speller. Get over it. Besides, it's still early days of the school year. All this test stuff is new to her and I'm sure, knowing her mother the way that I do, she's got a lot of test anxiety going on. Sis1 puts a lot of pressure on her. However, if she DOES actually have a learning disorder there is certainly nothing wrong with that. She's young and with the proper help and attention she can still flourish in school. It isn't like it was in the old days when no one knew jack about anything. There are programs and tutors now that she can get the extra help she needs. In essance, it's not the end of the world. Chill.
*sigh*
So anyway, she goes in Friday to be tested so ya'll say some prayers for her that A.) She tests accurately and B) she gets the help she needs regardless of what the test reveals.
In other news, my cousin's wife emailed me yesterday with the news that the baby she's currently carrying is another boy. I'm glad for it because that means that Jacob, their eleven month old, will have a built in best buddy. The baby is due in February which will allow for the same age difference that Sis2 and I share and we have always been each other's best bud. Well, till she married Goofus anyway. It also means that I don't have to buy them a whole lot of new crap like I would have done had this one been a girl. That's terrible of me, ain't it? Oh well. hehehe
Just a hint from me to you? Album your photos as you develope them. Either that, or just give the heck up on ever having any of your photos in order. Ever.
*sigh*
I'm still working on that albuming project for my mother. Twenty something years ago she apparently didn't give a rat's behind that photos of my third birthday were several pages before my second birthday. Now she does. *sigh* I swear, I took the old photos directly from the old album and started putting them in the new one. It was only AFTER I'd albumed the majority of them that I realized they are majorly and hopelessly out of order. Picture me tearing my hair out. AND...the more recent photos (the depressingly huge box dating from 1997 to present) that I sorted through and had in order, she's now gone BACK through and, you guessed it, mucked around in them. She wanted to start albumning THEM first before I tackled the older ones. And do you know how frustrating it is to explain to a 53-year-old pigheaded woman that in order for your photos to be seemlessly albumed you must START AT THE BEGINNING??? Or, perhaps, what it means when you say, "I've already sorted them and I know what I'm friggen doing!"
I should be flogged for my stupidity. Really. I should. I should also never be allowed to procreate. I mean, I've worked on projects for my mother before. I know she and I rarely ever agree on how something should be done. She thinks she knows better than me because the way she wants it done is the way she wants it done and the way I want it done is completely WRONG because it doesn't coincide with the way she wants it done. It doesn't matter that my way is more LOGICAL. Bah! She laughs in the face of logic.
*rolls eyes*
Parents.
So, needless to say, I've a dining room table filled to capacity with sorted photos a box that still needs to be sorted AND a nearly finished album that I'm going to have to EMPTY and start over. Grrrrr... All that AND I have to keep an eye on the DUMB DOG to make sure she doesn't mess in the floor.
No. Libby's still not pottytrained. I'm going to have to take out stock in paper towels and spot shot.
Oh, she knows to go to the door when she wants to go outside. She's got that part down to the letter. BUT, she thinks she supposed to go outside and wait till she comes back IN to tinkle. Or poop. Whichever. It's so depressing. And annoying. And I seriously think she does it just to tick me off. I know, she's a dog. But still. lol
Let's just pray she gets the hang of this soon because I'm seriously starting to lose it. *sigh*
So what's new in the land of Jana?
Well...My niece is being tested Friday to see if she has a learning disorder. My sister is freaking out. She's just positive that Emmy is dyslexic all because she's having some problems with her spelling tests. She's six. She's in the first grade. She comes from a long line of terrible spellers including yours truly. I flunked plenty of spelling tests in my day and I graduated high school third in my class and completed my B.A. with a 3.2something GPA. She's just a bad speller. Get over it. Besides, it's still early days of the school year. All this test stuff is new to her and I'm sure, knowing her mother the way that I do, she's got a lot of test anxiety going on. Sis1 puts a lot of pressure on her. However, if she DOES actually have a learning disorder there is certainly nothing wrong with that. She's young and with the proper help and attention she can still flourish in school. It isn't like it was in the old days when no one knew jack about anything. There are programs and tutors now that she can get the extra help she needs. In essance, it's not the end of the world. Chill.
*sigh*
So anyway, she goes in Friday to be tested so ya'll say some prayers for her that A.) She tests accurately and B) she gets the help she needs regardless of what the test reveals.
In other news, my cousin's wife emailed me yesterday with the news that the baby she's currently carrying is another boy. I'm glad for it because that means that Jacob, their eleven month old, will have a built in best buddy. The baby is due in February which will allow for the same age difference that Sis2 and I share and we have always been each other's best bud. Well, till she married Goofus anyway. It also means that I don't have to buy them a whole lot of new crap like I would have done had this one been a girl. That's terrible of me, ain't it? Oh well. hehehe
Just a hint from me to you? Album your photos as you develope them. Either that, or just give the heck up on ever having any of your photos in order. Ever.
*sigh*
I'm still working on that albuming project for my mother. Twenty something years ago she apparently didn't give a rat's behind that photos of my third birthday were several pages before my second birthday. Now she does. *sigh* I swear, I took the old photos directly from the old album and started putting them in the new one. It was only AFTER I'd albumed the majority of them that I realized they are majorly and hopelessly out of order. Picture me tearing my hair out. AND...the more recent photos (the depressingly huge box dating from 1997 to present) that I sorted through and had in order, she's now gone BACK through and, you guessed it, mucked around in them. She wanted to start albumning THEM first before I tackled the older ones. And do you know how frustrating it is to explain to a 53-year-old pigheaded woman that in order for your photos to be seemlessly albumed you must START AT THE BEGINNING??? Or, perhaps, what it means when you say, "I've already sorted them and I know what I'm friggen doing!"
I should be flogged for my stupidity. Really. I should. I should also never be allowed to procreate. I mean, I've worked on projects for my mother before. I know she and I rarely ever agree on how something should be done. She thinks she knows better than me because the way she wants it done is the way she wants it done and the way I want it done is completely WRONG because it doesn't coincide with the way she wants it done. It doesn't matter that my way is more LOGICAL. Bah! She laughs in the face of logic.
*rolls eyes*
Parents.
So, needless to say, I've a dining room table filled to capacity with sorted photos a box that still needs to be sorted AND a nearly finished album that I'm going to have to EMPTY and start over. Grrrrr... All that AND I have to keep an eye on the DUMB DOG to make sure she doesn't mess in the floor.
No. Libby's still not pottytrained. I'm going to have to take out stock in paper towels and spot shot.
Oh, she knows to go to the door when she wants to go outside. She's got that part down to the letter. BUT, she thinks she supposed to go outside and wait till she comes back IN to tinkle. Or poop. Whichever. It's so depressing. And annoying. And I seriously think she does it just to tick me off. I know, she's a dog. But still. lol
Let's just pray she gets the hang of this soon because I'm seriously starting to lose it. *sigh*
Comments
Which is why I try to at least label my pics right away, even if I won't get to cropping them until much later. I have a feeling I'll be glad I did once I sit down to compile all the cow pics into one big scrapbook. Every time I get a batch developed I get out the labels and my CowParade guide and set to work -- name of cow, where it was located, event, date, and any people I know pictured with them (and, where nieces are concerned, how old they were).
I try to do this who, what, where, when for all my pictures. Sure beats trying to remember who someone was or where a pic was taking ten years later.
Hope your project goes easier for you, and that Mom stays out of your organized piles!
I have to go by birthdays and count back but that doesn't help with other events like Christmas or other holidays not to mention the non-even snaps.
What's the old saying? That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger? I oughtta be superwoman by the time I finish this project. hehehehehe