So Much For Quiet Living At The Lake

Apparently the cooler weather has brought the happy happy joy joy out of one of my neighbors. Ugh! The cabin diagonally across the road from my house has been hiding some seriously funky musical stylings all summer.

I took Libby outside after supper (in hopes she poop OUTSIDE) and what did my ears hear? Some seriously funky keyboard playing. A lone woman sat out on the back deck and played her heart out. She even ran off her roomates. They left lickety split not long after the music started. And this went on until sundown. Thank God they're far enough away I could only be bothered by it while I was outside and not inside. Unlike the dude who USED to live there.

He had drums. The whole lake community knew when he was practicing.

But hey, I'll take drums and keyboards any day over what my pal, Heather, said she heard from her upstairs neighbors last night. Well, unless I was just into that kind of auditory voyeurism. hehehehehe

In other neighborly news, the double wide directly across from my house is gone. They moved it out yesterday which was a feat I'd have paid good money to see as it was sitting in a little gully crammed in between some trees. I'll bet they had a TIME pulling that thing out. I'm actually quite surprised to see that my mailbox is still standing (short pitiful little thing that it is. lol

The other thing I'm interested in knowing about that little situation is, Does the old lady who lived there plan on selling that property? Cuz if she is I'd sooooooo try to get myself a loan. It's not the best piece of property in the world as it is, but it IS on the water side of the road and if one cleared out a goodly amount of trees covering the view of the lake and cleaned up all the JUNK she had it would make a great little spot to nestle a cozy little cabin. Not that I could afford to build a cozy little cabin but one can dream, right?

I figure my landlord'll buy it, though, and plop a crappy little trailor on it if she does sell it. He pretty much owns all the property in that community. Or a goodly portion of it, anyway.

*sigh*

Comments

Heather said…
But hey, I'll take drums and keyboards any day over what my pal, Heather, said she heard from her upstairs neighbors last night. Well, unless I was just into that kind of auditory voyeurism.

Jana! I can't believe you posted that to your blog. Wench! LOL

Then again, serves them right to be outed to the world at large. *WEG*

*Sigh*

At least it was quiet up there after that, but geez...that's two nights in a row. Makes me think maybe I'd better keep my headphones handy tonight. LOL
Heather said…
And hey -- at least when I emailed you all my little essay early this morning I issued a spew alert. You nearly had me spitting juice all over the new computer when I read this. lol
:-P~~~
Jana said…
LOL Oops! My bad. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today