Breakthrough
I think that the devil pup and I are on the verge of a breakthrough with her housetraining. Of course, now that I SAY that, she'll probably pee all over the place the rest of the weekend. *rolls eyes* BUT, I was home with her all day yesterday and she only had ONE accident, as was the case the night before. She's been going to the door when she needs to go and everything. So Jana? She's very much pleased.
Now, if I could just train her NOT bite Mommy, I might start calling her the slightly devilish pup. hehehehe
She and I spent the day together yesterday. Since I had/have to work a few hours today, I took yesterday off of work and stayed home. Besides, I feel guilty if she doesn't at least get the weekends to full out play for a couple of days. She spends so much time in her crate during the week that I feel like I need to baby her (even though I mostly get scratches and bites for my efforts) on weekend.
Love her to death but I did have to put her in her crate a few times just so I could catch my breath. She's just so ACTIVE. And with it being just me there to entertain her it gets very tiring. At least she's small enough that I can grab her up and shove her in her crate for a little while. And my hand's just about calloused over where she bites it as she's snarling at me, too.
I got some devilish picks back yesterday. Had I been of sound mind this morning, I'd have thought to bring the disk to share. As it is, you'll just have to wait till Monday. hehehe (That's if Blogger cooperates.)
As for the rest of my weekend, I've got a wedding to go to this afternoon. It's here on campus so I just wore my wedding clothes to work. Now, of course, I remember why I hate wearing pantyhose (or nylons, as my boss calls them). I've already ripped two holes in these. One in the butt and on the thigh. Doesn't matter that the things are three years old and I should've already replaced them. I hate wearing pantyhose, even for the brief amount of time it takes to wear them to church. From March till mid-November I don't wear them at all. But I figured since I was going to a wedding I'd at least pretend I'm not a heathen.
So anyway, I have a half hour left of work and then an hour and a half to kill in town before the wedding so that's two hours in these stupid holey pantyhose. Ugh!
Don't know what's on the agenda for tomorrow. The church is having a Gideon speaker so I'm, uh, playing hooky from there, too. Nothing against Gideons or anything, but the ones I've heard speak over my 27 years of churchgoing aren't the most captivating speakers in the world. I suppose I could go to the other church I used to attend. We shall see. I MIGHT just stay in bed all morning (or at least on the couch wrangling the devil pup) and then drive out to see the folks.
Decisions, decisions.
As a side note, in case anyone was wondering/worried: My spirits are somewhat lifted from Thursday but it's just as another friend told me. Sometimes we have to go through the valley to get to the mountaintop. So don't mind me over here. I'll just be slogging away through this here valley. I have to remind myself that this too shall pass.
Now, if I could just train her NOT bite Mommy, I might start calling her the slightly devilish pup. hehehehe
She and I spent the day together yesterday. Since I had/have to work a few hours today, I took yesterday off of work and stayed home. Besides, I feel guilty if she doesn't at least get the weekends to full out play for a couple of days. She spends so much time in her crate during the week that I feel like I need to baby her (even though I mostly get scratches and bites for my efforts) on weekend.
Love her to death but I did have to put her in her crate a few times just so I could catch my breath. She's just so ACTIVE. And with it being just me there to entertain her it gets very tiring. At least she's small enough that I can grab her up and shove her in her crate for a little while. And my hand's just about calloused over where she bites it as she's snarling at me, too.
I got some devilish picks back yesterday. Had I been of sound mind this morning, I'd have thought to bring the disk to share. As it is, you'll just have to wait till Monday. hehehe (That's if Blogger cooperates.)
As for the rest of my weekend, I've got a wedding to go to this afternoon. It's here on campus so I just wore my wedding clothes to work. Now, of course, I remember why I hate wearing pantyhose (or nylons, as my boss calls them). I've already ripped two holes in these. One in the butt and on the thigh. Doesn't matter that the things are three years old and I should've already replaced them. I hate wearing pantyhose, even for the brief amount of time it takes to wear them to church. From March till mid-November I don't wear them at all. But I figured since I was going to a wedding I'd at least pretend I'm not a heathen.
So anyway, I have a half hour left of work and then an hour and a half to kill in town before the wedding so that's two hours in these stupid holey pantyhose. Ugh!
Don't know what's on the agenda for tomorrow. The church is having a Gideon speaker so I'm, uh, playing hooky from there, too. Nothing against Gideons or anything, but the ones I've heard speak over my 27 years of churchgoing aren't the most captivating speakers in the world. I suppose I could go to the other church I used to attend. We shall see. I MIGHT just stay in bed all morning (or at least on the couch wrangling the devil pup) and then drive out to see the folks.
Decisions, decisions.
As a side note, in case anyone was wondering/worried: My spirits are somewhat lifted from Thursday but it's just as another friend told me. Sometimes we have to go through the valley to get to the mountaintop. So don't mind me over here. I'll just be slogging away through this here valley. I have to remind myself that this too shall pass.
Comments