Dangers of Reading Maggie Shayne

It's almost as though the mind control of the vampires in her Wings in the Night series leap from the page and demand that "To hell with sleep. Read, damn you! Read!" Either that or Prince of Twilight, her latest installment (hopefully not her last) of the series, was just that good. But come to think of it, her previous installments were just as consuming. Maybe there is something to that mind control thing after all. Or can Ms. Shane actually be that talented a writer? (I'm guessing, yeah.)

hehehehe

So I guess you've figured out that I read...no, INHALED...Prince of Twilight last night, right? So much so that I didn't get to sleep till well past 1:30a.m. Good for my curious mind that enthralls at Ms. Shayne's fictional world of vampires. Bad for the worker bee who had to get up this morning to go to work.

But hey, I had sweet dreams once I did finally finish the book and cut the light. Sweet dreams of Vlad Dracula, one of the oldest vampires in existence. A man so mad with love that he trapped his wife's spirit from moving on 500 years ago in hopes that she'd be reborn. Which...she nearly was to the detriment of Tempest "Stormy" Jones. Fortunately for Stormy, Vlad was more in love with her than he was is insane wife. hehehe (Ooops! Did I just give away the ending? hehehe)

Just what is it, though, that is so darn sexy about vampires? I mean, they're the undead who drain blood from innocent victims. Granted, these modern day vampires make better use of blood banks than the creamy white necks of innocents but still. They drink blood, for goodness, sake. LOL I must admit, though, to having limited my reading of romantic vampires to Ms. Shayne's collection. After I first read Blue Twilight last year (and subsequently tracked down and inhaled all prior novels in the series) so taken am I with this alternate world she's created that I can't bring myself to read any other author's view of the vampiretic world. Too confusing would it be for my simple mind to cross read any other's explanations of the undead.

Ms. Shayne isn't, however, my first love affair with vampires. I have loved another prior to hers. Anyone recall the late night drama Forever Knight? Nick Knight was my first love affair. And then there was the updated version of Dark Shadows. (Admittedly, I've never cared for the original series.)

So what is this fascination with vampires? What's so all fired hawt about fangs?

Anyway, got a little off topic. What I meant to say was...

If you haven't read any of Maggie Shayne's Wings in the Night Series, go out and do so now! Vlad Dracula demands it!

Just be sure you got no place else to be...especially not sleeping. ;-)

hehehe

Comments

Heather said…
@#$!& Blogger! It ate my post! Here's a retry:

I know Maggie Shayne is a talented writer, having read many of her books, but I just can't get into the vampires. Not only hers, but as a paranormal theme in general.

Werewolves, on the otherhand... I absoutely LOVE Rebecca York's series, and have found myself reading until dawn to finish one.
I have a thing for vampires too.. not sure what the allure is.. immortality/forever young? brooding sensuality? the accent from the old classic vampire movies? i'd say yes to all the above.
Jana said…
Heather~Now see? I've never been interested in werewolves. Something about the possibility of fleas, maybe. hehehehe

Angela~Yep. I think that covers a lot of it. lol

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today