DO NOT READ BEFORE, DURING OR DIRECTLY AFTER EATING
Dead mice are yucky. Something I always knew in theory but saw for myself last night when that devil pup of mine brought one into the house to play with. Blech! Can you see me? I was trying not to gag, wanting very much to strangle the devil pup and wondering how on Earth I was going to a) get the pup away from the dead mouse and b) get the dead mouse OUT without actually touching or looking at it. Oh, and did I mention that not only was the mouse dead, it was mostly decayed? Yeah.
Fortunately, the devil pup was distracted enough that I was able to pick her up without having to chase her down (as I normally do when she's got something she's not supposed to have) and the dead mouse was dropped on the rug in front of the couch. A long rug. A rug I was able to drag out of the house and onto the porch with disturbing the dead mouse.
*gag*
Devil pup whined from her crate as she watched me do this. Bu-bye, dead decaying display of mouse. So long, her cries mournfully.
I, on the other hand, was sputtering and muttering about dumb dogs and how I was NEVER going to let the pup kiss me again and wondering what in the heck I was going to do now that the rug and dead decaying mouse are outside. Simply shaking the rug out wouldn't serve any purpose because devil pup would merely find it the next time she went outside and then we'd be right back where we started. And you see, I don't do well with icky things. My gag reflex has a hair trigger and I was thisclose to spewing all over the place.
*sigh*
It was really fun trying to sweep a dead decaying mouse onto a dustpan with a newspaper while not actually LOOKING at it. Needless to say, I tripple bagged the sucker and walked it IN THE DARK to the trash barrel.
I may never forgive the devil pup.
*shudders*
So if this is what the day BEFORE was like I just can't WAIT to see what Friday the 13th has in store for me. Bats? Maggots? Or maybe whoever I feel like is watching me will finally work up the impetus to kill me and put me out of my misery.
Yeah. Because THAT sounds like fun.
Fortunately, the devil pup was distracted enough that I was able to pick her up without having to chase her down (as I normally do when she's got something she's not supposed to have) and the dead mouse was dropped on the rug in front of the couch. A long rug. A rug I was able to drag out of the house and onto the porch with disturbing the dead mouse.
*gag*
Devil pup whined from her crate as she watched me do this. Bu-bye, dead decaying display of mouse. So long, her cries mournfully.
I, on the other hand, was sputtering and muttering about dumb dogs and how I was NEVER going to let the pup kiss me again and wondering what in the heck I was going to do now that the rug and dead decaying mouse are outside. Simply shaking the rug out wouldn't serve any purpose because devil pup would merely find it the next time she went outside and then we'd be right back where we started. And you see, I don't do well with icky things. My gag reflex has a hair trigger and I was thisclose to spewing all over the place.
*sigh*
It was really fun trying to sweep a dead decaying mouse onto a dustpan with a newspaper while not actually LOOKING at it. Needless to say, I tripple bagged the sucker and walked it IN THE DARK to the trash barrel.
I may never forgive the devil pup.
*shudders*
So if this is what the day BEFORE was like I just can't WAIT to see what Friday the 13th has in store for me. Bats? Maggots? Or maybe whoever I feel like is watching me will finally work up the impetus to kill me and put me out of my misery.
Yeah. Because THAT sounds like fun.
Comments
On the other hand, just be grateful she didn't drag in a rabbit carcas as the boss's little dog Tia did this summer. He had fallen asleep on the couch, and she dragged it in through the screen door and stretched out beside him with it. Personally, I'd have freaked to wake up with a rabbit skin lying the length of my leg - and then promptly killed the dog. lol