Forrest Fun

Scarlett is no longer allowed to be outside with Libby. Ever. At all.

I took Scarlett out after supper last nigh and let her roam. To keep Libby from being in the house alone I took her out on the leash. Well, lo and behold, Scarlett takes off into the woods. I'm not terribly concerned because she's familiar with them and can find her way back. Besides, Libby is safely tethered to me and having a ball trying to chew the leash right off.

However, I didn't take into account that Libby was actually watching Scarlett's little romp into the woods and making adventurous plans of her own. Once I got Scarlett in the house, I let Libby off the leash. And what was the first thing she did? You got it. She set out into the woods.

Calling her does no good. She's either deaf or too stubborn to answer my insistent calls. Far as I know, her hearing's fine. So, her being a little pup with a terrible sense of smell (she can't find a stick she dropped five seconds ago) I set out into the woods after her. In my pj's. And my clogs. And my hair in twin braids. Not exactly the best tramping through the woods wardrobe. It wasn't until she spotted me coming after her that she stopped, whirled around and SAILED back through the woods. The stinker beat me back to the house while I was still tripping over sticks, batting back limbs and trying to figure out just why in the WORLD I ever thought getting a puppy was a good idea.

So, needless to say, the girls will not see the light of day at the same time.

To pay them back for the grief they caused me, I paid them back by making them listen to me sing along with Kelly Clarkson and watch me dance (read: jiggle) around the living room. hehehehe

Comments

Heather said…
Ah, c'mon...they just want you to go hiking through the woods with them - give the girls a break! lol
Jana said…
LOL Surrrre. They could have at least given me a fair warning so I could've had my hiking boots on and my machete strapped to my side. You know, if I had hiking boots and a machete.

hehehe

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today