I'm a Stupidhead
Or so the devil pup would have others believe.
*sigh*
Why is it that kids and dogs are always so much WORSE around their grandparents? I swear, Libby was an angel all day Saturday. Did not have the first accident in the house. She was obediant, happy and we just had a lot of fun.
I took her out to my parents' house yesterday and it's like she was a totally different dog. She peed on the kitchen floor, refused to come when I called and whenever I said that "Libby does this" or "Libby doesn't do that" she did the exact OPPOSITE of whatever I said she does or doesn't do. Like she was TRYING to make me look stupid in front of my parents. I mean really, they already think I'm a little on the dingy side so I don't really need any help convincing them of my stupidity. But to have my own DOG...a puppy I love and feed and let chew my fingers...betray me is just...*sigh*
Well, it's annoying as all heck, to be honest.
And of course, because I so obviously lack any real sense I got plenty of advice from both parental units on what I'm doing wrong and what I should be doing if I intend to be a good puppy parent.
Yeah, because I WANT a heathen dog who disrespects and makes a fool of me. Don't they think that if I COULD figure out how to make her behave that I WOULD? And do they think I make stuff up on how different she is when we're at home?
I know she loves my parents and I know they love her but...grrr...I'm seriously thinking of just not taking her out there anymore. Which is unrealistic, I know, since I don't want to abandon her on weekends when my attendance is required out there but sheesh! It's sooooo stressful.
Okay, ranting on the devil pup over. For today, at least.
In some brighter news (though I couldn't actually care less) the Bulldogs won their Homecoming game. 35-3 or something like that. Honestly I wouldn't have even known had the preacher not mentioned it yesterday at church. LOL
And for some even BRIGHTER news...I've lost 3 more pounds. Yay me!
*sigh*
Why is it that kids and dogs are always so much WORSE around their grandparents? I swear, Libby was an angel all day Saturday. Did not have the first accident in the house. She was obediant, happy and we just had a lot of fun.
I took her out to my parents' house yesterday and it's like she was a totally different dog. She peed on the kitchen floor, refused to come when I called and whenever I said that "Libby does this" or "Libby doesn't do that" she did the exact OPPOSITE of whatever I said she does or doesn't do. Like she was TRYING to make me look stupid in front of my parents. I mean really, they already think I'm a little on the dingy side so I don't really need any help convincing them of my stupidity. But to have my own DOG...a puppy I love and feed and let chew my fingers...betray me is just...*sigh*
Well, it's annoying as all heck, to be honest.
And of course, because I so obviously lack any real sense I got plenty of advice from both parental units on what I'm doing wrong and what I should be doing if I intend to be a good puppy parent.
Yeah, because I WANT a heathen dog who disrespects and makes a fool of me. Don't they think that if I COULD figure out how to make her behave that I WOULD? And do they think I make stuff up on how different she is when we're at home?
I know she loves my parents and I know they love her but...grrr...I'm seriously thinking of just not taking her out there anymore. Which is unrealistic, I know, since I don't want to abandon her on weekends when my attendance is required out there but sheesh! It's sooooo stressful.
Okay, ranting on the devil pup over. For today, at least.
In some brighter news (though I couldn't actually care less) the Bulldogs won their Homecoming game. 35-3 or something like that. Honestly I wouldn't have even known had the preacher not mentioned it yesterday at church. LOL
And for some even BRIGHTER news...I've lost 3 more pounds. Yay me!
Comments
Badgers won their homecoming, too: 48-11 and they get to keep the Paul Bunyon Axe another year. Hockey men won Saturday night, with three of their top scorers out after being injured Friday (and then ND tried to take out our goalie on Saturday, too...grrr) and the lady hockey Badgers both days. Shaping up to be another great Badger sports year! *g*