The Night Before Halloween
And all through the yard,
Jana was spooked,
by a little dead mouse.
Libby in the woods,
and a man's coughing sight unseen,
had Jana quaking nervously,
in the dark and moonlit night.
So yeah, despite my meager attempts at Halloween poetry, last night was a little spooky. Just a tad. Started out not long after I got home. Well, this was more yucky than spooky but...found another dead mouse in the yard. Little gray thing all nasty and crap. I almost stepped on it. Gross. Fortunately, Libby never found it. I shooed her inside and got the shovel to play mouse hockey. Took me a couple of tries but I finally rocketted that sucker into the woods.
You know, just an observation about myself but...Having Libby has sure strengthened my weak tummy. I can now clean up poop, vomit, and dead mice all without gagging or vomitting. A feat I thought impossible prior to my parenthood of the devil pup.
But back to spooky things, my best friend called me last night. No, that wasn't the spooky part. She was telling me about a mutual friend of ours and what happened yesterday. Seems as though the other freind's father-in-law (step-father-in-law, I think) shot her mother-in-law four times. They'd had an argument, he followed her to work and shot her in the breast, the arm and the hand. Went to his truck to leave and CAME BACK, looked at her laying on the floor and said, "You ain't dead yet" and shot her again in the neck. The last I heard, she's in stable condition with the worst damage being that of her hand. It's pretty much ruined. They're doing reconstructive surgery on it but more than likely she'll never have full function in it again. So prayers for this family. They did, btw, arrest the dude. He'd gone back home and they arrested him there.
Then, as I'm still talking to my best friend, I take Libby outside to do her business. I'm chatting up a storm, it's dark out, Libby's running around as usual...basically nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing I noticed, anyhow. It's shortly after I hang up with my friend and am encouraging Libby to "do the poo poo" that I hear it. A man's cough. Like, you know, right there. Not across the road or through the woods at the neighbor's house but like, you know. Right. There.
I whirled around in search of this coughing man (no lame jokes about coffin's and cough syrup please) and that's when I spot it. Tail lights. Peaking from behind my trash barrel at the foot of my driveway. I had not noticed these tail lights upon stepping outside. There was a truck sitting there at the foot of the drive, just...sittting there. Headlights/taillights on but the truck isn't running. And by the cough, I'm thinking, yeah. Somebody's just sitting there, in that truck, at the foot of my drive. I have no neighbors across from me anymore. He's not there to visit anyone. He's just sitting there. At the foot of my drive. For no. Apparent. Reason.
Unless he was meaning to kill me which, he didn't so...
But I hurried Libby along (she finally did the poo poo) and I hustled us in the house, thanking GOD that I had the phone out there with me justincase. Not two seconds after I went inside, he cranked up and pulled away. About twenty minutes later, he was back. I heard him drive up this time, likely because I was listening for him. He sat out there for probably fifteen minutes before leaving again and I was praying all the while that Libby didn't have to go back out and make pee pee.
*shudders*
Needless to say, for the rest of the evening, I kept the deadbolt on, turned the porch light on and checked the porch before I took Libby out each time, and I carried the phone with me at all times. Spooky.
I told my mom about it this morning. You know, in case he was casing the place and plotting my murder? So at least she'll know it was a dude in a truck. Can't say the make or model cuz it was like, you know, dark out. But at least they'll know it was a dude in a truck. Because that's so helpful. lol
Then I was stoopid and watched that new show on Lifetime...Lisa Whatever: Life Among the Dead and had spooky dreams about dead people all night. I swear, I ain't the brightest crayon in the box.
So anyhow, ya'll all have a safe and frightful Halloween and remember kids...Don't donate blood to vampires unless they're hunky, rich and look good in tight pants and capes.
hehehe
Jana was spooked,
by a little dead mouse.
Libby in the woods,
and a man's coughing sight unseen,
had Jana quaking nervously,
in the dark and moonlit night.
So yeah, despite my meager attempts at Halloween poetry, last night was a little spooky. Just a tad. Started out not long after I got home. Well, this was more yucky than spooky but...found another dead mouse in the yard. Little gray thing all nasty and crap. I almost stepped on it. Gross. Fortunately, Libby never found it. I shooed her inside and got the shovel to play mouse hockey. Took me a couple of tries but I finally rocketted that sucker into the woods.
You know, just an observation about myself but...Having Libby has sure strengthened my weak tummy. I can now clean up poop, vomit, and dead mice all without gagging or vomitting. A feat I thought impossible prior to my parenthood of the devil pup.
But back to spooky things, my best friend called me last night. No, that wasn't the spooky part. She was telling me about a mutual friend of ours and what happened yesterday. Seems as though the other freind's father-in-law (step-father-in-law, I think) shot her mother-in-law four times. They'd had an argument, he followed her to work and shot her in the breast, the arm and the hand. Went to his truck to leave and CAME BACK, looked at her laying on the floor and said, "You ain't dead yet" and shot her again in the neck. The last I heard, she's in stable condition with the worst damage being that of her hand. It's pretty much ruined. They're doing reconstructive surgery on it but more than likely she'll never have full function in it again. So prayers for this family. They did, btw, arrest the dude. He'd gone back home and they arrested him there.
Then, as I'm still talking to my best friend, I take Libby outside to do her business. I'm chatting up a storm, it's dark out, Libby's running around as usual...basically nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing I noticed, anyhow. It's shortly after I hang up with my friend and am encouraging Libby to "do the poo poo" that I hear it. A man's cough. Like, you know, right there. Not across the road or through the woods at the neighbor's house but like, you know. Right. There.
I whirled around in search of this coughing man (no lame jokes about coffin's and cough syrup please) and that's when I spot it. Tail lights. Peaking from behind my trash barrel at the foot of my driveway. I had not noticed these tail lights upon stepping outside. There was a truck sitting there at the foot of the drive, just...sittting there. Headlights/taillights on but the truck isn't running. And by the cough, I'm thinking, yeah. Somebody's just sitting there, in that truck, at the foot of my drive. I have no neighbors across from me anymore. He's not there to visit anyone. He's just sitting there. At the foot of my drive. For no. Apparent. Reason.
Unless he was meaning to kill me which, he didn't so...
But I hurried Libby along (she finally did the poo poo) and I hustled us in the house, thanking GOD that I had the phone out there with me justincase. Not two seconds after I went inside, he cranked up and pulled away. About twenty minutes later, he was back. I heard him drive up this time, likely because I was listening for him. He sat out there for probably fifteen minutes before leaving again and I was praying all the while that Libby didn't have to go back out and make pee pee.
*shudders*
Needless to say, for the rest of the evening, I kept the deadbolt on, turned the porch light on and checked the porch before I took Libby out each time, and I carried the phone with me at all times. Spooky.
I told my mom about it this morning. You know, in case he was casing the place and plotting my murder? So at least she'll know it was a dude in a truck. Can't say the make or model cuz it was like, you know, dark out. But at least they'll know it was a dude in a truck. Because that's so helpful. lol
Then I was stoopid and watched that new show on Lifetime...Lisa Whatever: Life Among the Dead and had spooky dreams about dead people all night. I swear, I ain't the brightest crayon in the box.
So anyhow, ya'll all have a safe and frightful Halloween and remember kids...Don't donate blood to vampires unless they're hunky, rich and look good in tight pants and capes.
hehehe
Comments
So sorry to hear about your friend's MIL, but glad the SFIL is in custody.
I, too am sorry to hear about your friend's MIL.
Kate