Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Come again another day.

Just not tomorrow. Or Sunday.

Basically just wait till the weekend's over and come back middle of next week. Okay?

*sigh*

I'm so sick of rain right now I could scream. But then I'd drown, probably. :-/

It's been raining since Wednesday and this morning it really came a gullywasher. Devil pup did NOT want to go out in it and do her business. The first time she pooped this morning I had to CARRY her outside to do it. But then she waited until I was getting dressed for work to decide she had to go again. Waited till I was nekkid. *sigh* Needless to say, she pooped in the hall before I could get some clothes on and track down my shoes. Ugh!

Can't say that I blame her. I didn't want to get out in it either and I, at least, have an umbrella to keep the worst of it off. She, poor little thing, has to get soaked and then take forever to dry.

But she's a happy camper, regardless. Her pesky "cousin" went home with Nana last night. Bobo wasn't happy about it but he'll get over it. The big baby.

Sis1's supposed to roll into town sometime today. That is, if the rain lets up enough that she feels comfortable driving in it. I have sort of mixed emotions about it, though. In one way I'll be glad to see her cuz I haven't seen her in about a month and in another I sort of wish she'd wait until tomorrow to come. I get so worn out by these long family filled weekends. But then, I suppose, that's what families are for. To wear you out.

Sis2 and her dh are supposed to come tomorrow but it's all up in the air. He was down with a stomache virus yesterday and she's had a headache for three days. She's so homesick and wanting to come home, though, that wouldn't it be just her luck that she wake up with the stomache virus tomorrow?

I actually called her last night. Haven't done that in a while. I think she was actually glad that I did. For some reason, she rarely calls me (even though she has unlimited long distance and I don't) but complains that she never gets to talk to me anymore. I may have to check with the phone company about this but I think the phone lines work both ways. Right?

But anyway, I was worried about her because apparently work has been a real PITA lately and she's been really stressed out. And again, she won't call me and talk about it. She calls Mama and I hear everything second hand. So I called her to make sure for myself that she's okay. She sounded okay. But she still wouldn't really talk to me about it. Instead, we talked about inconsequential things like TV shows and the wedding I went to last weekend. She won't even really talk to me about her dh anymore. I don't know. Maybe she senses my antipathy toward most of the decisons she's made in the past couple of years. I thought I had pretty much hidden them but maybe I'm not as good an actress as I think I am.

Or maybe she, like a lot of people, think of me as more entertainment than a shoulder to lean on. Whatever gets her through, I guess, I'm there.

At anyrate, the family is supposed to have our annual Halloweenfest bonfire this weekend. Saturday, actually. Stoke up a big fire outside, roast hotdogs and marshmallows. Make s'mores and goof off some scary crap. Hayride in the hills. (Even if it is just us piled in the back of Daddy's truck, it's still fun. lol) Don't know if the rain'll let it happen though. Daddy covered the firewood so it wouldn't get wet but the ground will likely still be too wet, not to mention the back of Daddy's truck. But I suppose we shall see.

Whatever everyone else's plans are for the weekend, be smart, be safe and have tons of fun!

Comments

Heather said…
Hey, at least it isn't snow! There's a chance of light snow again here this weekend. Wouldn't it be too bad if State Street revellers got caught in it? Hehe....

Can you tell I don't think much of the college students who take over and destroy the downtown area every freakin' year? They have to pay a whole whopping $5 to party this year which, of course, most are protesting over. Ya know what? Why should my hard-earned tax dollars go to pay for the extra police presence and damages associated with this annual event? They want a party, fine - they can be responsible for the costs. Five bucks is nothing considering the riots and property damage of the past four years.

Oops...I will disembark from the soap box and wish you a happy weekend - hope the rain lets up long enough for you to enjoy your ride and bonfire!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today