A Run Down and Da da da

Ain't it funny the things that can irritate a person? For instance, the thing that drives me craziest when conversing with my mother (other than when she's lecturing me on things I don't want to be lectured on) is that she has this habit of throwing in the phrase "da da da" when listing stuff. You know, where most people would say "blah blah blah" or whatever. I don't know why the phrase "da da da" irritates me so badly but it does. Like nails on a chalkboard. *cringes*

Yesterday was a total Ugh!. It's like the little demons slept through Friday the 13th and decided to make up for it yesterday. Started when I came to work and someone had cranked the heat on throughout the building and it was hot as Hades 'round here. We're talking like mid 80's inside. Stuffy, yucky and miserable. Were it not for some fans sprinkled around, I'd have been booking it home whether the boss or anybody else liked it or not. As it was, it was just bareable enough that I had to fight to stay awake.

Oh, but boy was I awake when I went down to the first floor at lunch. A pipe had burst in the men's restroom down there and flooded the hallway, both bathrooms, a storage room and the staff lounge. Yeah, I had to splash through standing water to get to my lunch. Not. Fun. Especially not fun since it was TOILET water. Blech!

Unfortuantly, the water that got into the storage room wet some boxes of materials...old record albums I think. I found it kind of ironic that on the hottest day in the library, they sent a message around to the departments asking them to send their fans down to dry the materials. They wrangled one from our department. Had they come for the others, I imagine they'd have had SOME kind of fight on their hands. A department full of hot natured women (most of them middle aged) in a hot building with no fans? Yeah. Good luck with that. hehehehe

And even more fun, it was just as wet OUTSIDE...rain. *sigh* Yeah, yeah, we needed the rain but it's just so dank and dark and dreary. Depressing actually. Especially depressing since yesterday was another trip to the vet to get Libby her last round of shots. Devil pup was NOT happy with having to pee outside while getting wet, nor was she all that thrilled with getting a needle jabbed in her shoulder and then wrestling with the lady determined to clip her little razor claws. LOL Totally traumatized, she was. Poor baby.

But then last night, it was raining a little harder and the booger just wouldn't even get off the porch to go pee. I carried her out into the yard THREE TIMES and each time she'd sprint back to the porch, sit on the rug in front of the door and stare at me with this expression that could only be described as a combination of her thinking that a) Mommy is insane, and b) Mommy is mean.

So, yeah. I got to clean up puddles on the carpet last night. *sigh* Mommy was not happy. Devil pup just smirked.

Thank the Lord that it wasn't raining this morning when I took her out. It was difficult enough having to use all my powers of persuasion to convince her she wasn't going to get wet this time.

And thankfully, still, it seems as though the week is improving. It's cooled considerably at work, though I'm still parked in front of a fan and they seemed to have gotten all of the water up from first floor. But I'm not going to count all my chickens before they're hatched. The day is young, yet.

Comments

Heather said…
Aww...poor Mommy and baby, both getting wet. We had rain here, too, but it sure beats the snow they had out in Buffalo.

And what kind of idiot sets the temp in a library for 80+ degrees? NOT good for materials!
Jana said…
Not sure. I think it may have actually been a problem with the unit or something. No one's actually said what caused the rise in temp but I did see some guys from the physical plant in the building so it must've been something other than a raised thermostat.

Then again, this place is filled to the brim with idiots so who's to say? hehehehehe

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today