The Tails of Two Pups...And Other Stuff
Sis1's dog, Scarlett, is staying with us until Thursday, a situation I'm uncertain won't drive me insane. I love the pup but she's got more attitude than most sixteen-year-old girls. And she most definitely does not like little Libby. You can almost SEE the condescension on her face when she's around Libby. And like most sixteen-year-old girls she's got the part of the bitchy older sister down pat, too. Sniping and snarling in that haughty manner of hers. But then, she IS a little princess, no doubt.

Libby, on the other hand, plays the part of the annoying kid. A tomboy, through and through, she dances around Scarlett--growling, barking and slapping in a bid to get the other dog to play. And should Scarlett take the notion of actually sitting anywhere near me, Libby takes it upon herself to slap Scarlett on the head and shove at her. She's such the little smart alec.

Take the above picture, as an example. This was her response to me taking the clothes away from her that she kept dragging from the laundry basket. Just jumped right on in! LOL
So, ya'll pray for my sanity as I deal with these two willful pups. I'd like to keep my hair. ;-)
As for the rest of my weekend, it was fairly good, actually. Once I finally got off work, I made my way across town in search of food. Ended up deciding on the Chinese place. Yes. I, girl who hates to eat in restaurants alone, actually went inside the Chinese place, sat and ate all by my lonesome. It was good, too. The food AND the eating alone. I didn't feel like I had to justify the choices of food on my plate and I could eat at a pace that I was comfortable with. No one rushing me or telling me to slow down. And I didn't have to worry about pesky conversation. So maybe there's something to this whole "dining alone" thing. ;-)
I did go to my friend's wedding, too. My boss and I had arranged to meet there since we had both been supervisors of the bride. (She was a student worker for us for about three or four years.) My boss and I were the only people we knew there so we stuck together. Not usually something I'd prefer to do, but I do actually get along with and genuinely like my boss...especially outside of the working environment. lol
The wedding was lovely, though, a bit unusual...to me at least. And no one knew that I had a big gaping hole in my pantyhose. LOL You know I'd said in my last post that I busted a hole in one thigh of them? Well, by the time I got to the wedding, that one leg was pretty much holding on by a thread and a prayer. hehehehe Oh the joys of dressing pretty. Oh, that and wearing heels. Ack!
I didn't get home until after 6, though and decided that since I was already exhausted, to give the devil pup a bath. Something I hadn't done since she was about 10 weeks old. Yeah, she was way overdue. But it was fun. You know, chasing her down. Bribing her into the bathroom and then wrestling with a slick pup who was bound and determined she was NOT going to endure one more second of this torture her mommy was forcing on her.
Twenty minutes and a wet bathroom floor later, though, she was clean, fresh and crazy as a loon, flopping and flipping and wrangling the towel in her efforts to dry herself. Fun at Jana's house, let me tell you. hehehehe
Then I made the mistake of calling my mother. I was on the phone for what seemed like the rest of the evening. I don't even remember what we talked about. What could we have had to say that much? I mean, we see each other almost ever day? But it was fun anyway. I guess. lol
Split my day yesterday between lazing about the house with Libby and lazing about the folks' house with Libby. lol My dad...*shakes head* he has the WORST taste in television. When I first got there, he had it on his usual hunting shows. After lunch, though, he turned it to the discovery channel (I think) and we got to snore through some dull show about the possible resurrection of the Woolly Mammoth. *sigh* And yeah, we all did end up snoring through it. So THAT was fun, let me tell you.
And then I rounded out the weekend by bringing Scarlett home with me. And you already know about that. So that was my weekend. How was yours?
Comments
Well, I'd much rather see the remains in person than watch it with the monotone narrator giving me the play by play of a bunch of hairy men sloshing away through snow. :-D
Umm...are you sure you were watching a Discovery channel program and not a hunting show? LOL
If'd I'd said hairy men in camoflage THEN you'd know it was a hunting show.