This Just In...

Okay, now that the muse has had her say (insistent little thing that she is) I thought I'd post ya'll an update and what's up with me and this little goal of mine. You know the one.

I finally weighed myself again this weekend. I'm really glad I waited a month, too. It made if feel all the more better.

As of Sunday, I've lost 5 pounds since September 10. That's 25 pounds total. :-)

I'm still a little :-O but thankful. And what's more wonderful, was that all this AND I still get to treat myself every now and then. A dinner out here, a bag of M&M's there...so long as I keep the "good" stuff more frequent than the treats...that's been my thinking and STILL I've made more progress in the past month than I have in YEARS. I'm just seriously over the moon.

No, I'm still not quite in the next size down but I think it's close. The size I'm currently wearing is getting really baggy and I can fasten the next size down. Once I can SIT for more than a brief moment, I'll consider it a major success.

But oh, the excitement that bubbled when the scale landed on 250.

What's more, I suddenly feel as though all the major areas of my life that wanted improvement are coming together. While I haven't made any MAJOR inroads into my financial drain, I haven't yet starved and I've reached a certain milestone on my big credit card statement, as in, it's now finally left an 8 and gone to a 7 and THAT, my friends, is a major accomplishement. Considering that at one point, just this year in fact, it was nearly a 9, I'm singing praises and shouting Hallelujah to the Highest. I'm well aware from whence these blessings came. A big heaping helping of faithfulness from the Savior who both gave me the fortification to resist certain financial temptations and provided me with the instraments with which to fight said temptations. He and he alone has been my rock.

And it is with His help that I'm accomplishing this weightloss goal of mine as well.

Even further, I feel as though He is preparing me for something even larger. A bigger success? A bigger failure or something alltogether beyond my comprehension, I'm uncertain. But I just feel as though something big is just around the corner and He is bringing all these burdens to the forefront of His attention in helping me to prepare for it.

Whatever the case may be, I'm thankful.

Comments

Heather said…
Congrats on almost being a full size smaller, Jana - way to go!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today