The Wanting by Jana Hunter

Would that I could expell this dream of you,
Leave it in the dark recesses of my mind,
Expend it from my heart never faced again.

Would that I could disentangle from this cacoon,
Break away from the mold I'm poured into,
Be free from the chains that keep me tethered.

Would that I could be free from this shallow existence,
Bring forth life and fullfilmment,
Be full of the joys, pains, hurts and rapture I see in you.

Would that I could join you in the light,
Behold the rays that glitter and sparkle,
Touch the beauty that glows within you.

Would that I could make true this dream I have of you,
Bring it forward into the darkness around me,
Fullfill in it the darkest secrets of my heart to hold and cherish.


Just a little poem the muse handed me this morning. Hope it doesn't suck too terribly bad. :-/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today