What's Black, Blue and Red All Over?

That would be me, today. *sigh*

The weekend started out well enough. I got home a little after five o'clock and Sis1 and Emmy were waiting at the house for me. I got big hugs from Emmy which are always good and Sis1 had brought pizza for supper. A big no-no in the diet scheme of things but a big welcomed sight to the side of me who really wants to eat. LOL

Emmy went home with her beloved Nana and Sis1 and I vegged out to eat, watch TV and play with Libby. It was really good. We watched Ghost Whisperer, Libby only had two minor "accidents" in the house and we went to bed shortly after ten.

Saturday we got up early and went to town for breakfast at Micky D's. Again, not so great for the diet plan but it was delish anyway and really nice to have someone to eat Micky D's breakfast with. I didn't feel like such a loser. Oh, and there was a really hot guy there, too, and he and I kept dancing around each other while we fixed our coffee and got napkins and stuff. Fun times. hehehehe

Went to Wal-Mart and got birthday cards for Sis2 and Paw-Paw (her b-day is today and his is Wednesday...they celebrate them together) and then got a few groceries and stuff before heading out to the folks' house. When we got there, Sis2 and Goofus were already there. Once I got over the shock of them actually beating me there we sat around and talked and they played with Libby who they apparently adore more than they do me. lol I did get cranky with Goofus because he doesn't like that I put Libby "down" for naps every few hours. She's a puppy. She gets tired easily and it's healthier to make her take a nap between play times. But he's a man and well, as his name implies, he's a goofus.

It wasn't until much later...say, around supper time that things got twisted up. Or rather, my feet did.

We had set tables up outside on the carport since it was so nice outside. I'd tried sitting on one side of the picnic table but because of the way Daddy had the other table butted up against it, I couldn't get my legs in. So I was bebopping around to the other side, trying to squeeze between Paw-Paw's chair and the brick column and well, let's just say Jana went "Splat!" Or, carport surfing, as we've come to call it. My foot got caught on some dumb thing my dad had laying on the carport and I fell mostly face first, my full plate flying out of my hands. My left side caught the brunt of it with a nice perty black and blue bruise on my left knee, a pretty black and blue knot on the left side of my ribs, a partially peeled back left big toenail and the cherry on top was a scab I'd had on my left elbo got scraped off and had everyone thinking I was bleeding to death.

Of course, Mama and Daddy came rushing over and it's as I'm rolling over to make sure I hadn't damaged my other knee (the bad one) that I look up and see them briefly lamenting over the fact that I'd wasted a rack of grilled shrimp before they turned their attention to me. Awe. How sweet. LOL

So, you know I'd already admitted how I somewhat dreaded the family thing because of how uncomfortable I'd become over the past couple of years. Instead of being cool and just going with it, I decided I'd make a spectacle of myself. As much as it physically hurt, it was so bloomin' HUMILIATING. What made it worse was when I went inside to clean up, Mama and Daddy followed me in to make sure that I wasn't lying when I told them I hadn't reinjured my bad knee, I blubbered all over Daddy.

You know, I hate crying in front of anyone anyway and I'd done a pretty good job of not doing it in front of the whole crowd but then Mama and Daddy had to go and be all super concerned (after they got over the lost shrimp) and I just fell apart. Not because it hurt so much but because I was so humiliated. Yeah, stuff like that happens to folks all the time but it's mortifying when it happens to ME. LOL

But I survived. It was a little awkward when I first went back outside. I guess they weren't sure how much fun they should be having since I was red eyed and limping. It took most of the meal to get anyone to even look me in the eye. Maybe they were embarrassed FOR me. I don't know. Emmy, bless her heart, gave me some serious grief for scaring her. She made certain that I knew she was not happy at me for falling and hurting myself. I assured her that I'd try and do better in the future.

Sunday was a little tense, as everyone was in a bad mood. Well, two of them were in a bad mood. I was just tired and achy. I was never so glad as I was when I got home last night. I'll tell you, I'd almost managed to forget how nasty some of my family's tempers can be and how utterly annoying it is. Adulthood and distance seems to dull the memory but it's funny how it can all come rushing back in a flash in just one morning. I'm really thankful that I'm an adult now and can LEAVE. When you're twelve the only alternative you have is a bedroom door and a stereo. *sigh*

I was glad to see my own front door. I think Libby was too, because she had to go around and make sure she had played with each of her toys befor sacking out again. lol

So yeah, I survived the weekend a little worse for the wear. But I'm still breathing. Just don't ask me to move very fast. ;-)

Comments

Heather said…
Ouch! Glad you weren't seriously hurt, Jana. If it makes you feel any better, I had a run-in with the buffet Friday night while cleaning. I blame it all on my sister who emailed me around noon to say we weren't going to clean the carpet Saturday, then called at 9:45pm to say we were. Which meant moving as much stuff out of the living room as possible after "Numb3rs." My hip still hurts. Don't even want to think about how tired and achey I was Sunday night after cleaning all the day before, then walking several miles the next day. :-\

BTW, I see your stat counter has been as screwed up as mine since last week. *Sigh* At least your sidebar looks normal.
Jana said…
LOL Yeah, I got a kick out of the stat counter when I first noticed how wacked out it was. I went and checked yours to make sure it wasn't just me. Too funny. I thought for a second there that I'd just gotten suddenly very popular. LMBO

And OUCH! on the hip. We should just be forced to stay on the couch with a good book from now on, as accident prone as we are. hehehehehe
Heather said…
Though I have seen some increase in traffic the last few months, it wasn't near what the counter implied. I discovered the other day that two local websites, dane101 and thedailypage.com, have been linking to some of my cow pics/posts on a regular basis and that is where some of the new traffic is coming from. Too cool!
Heather said…
Oh, and how come my sidebar is all screwed up and yours isn't? Not fair!
:-P~~~
Jana said…
I'm just special that way. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today